Doom List

Spam!!
Emesis

Re: Doom List

Post by Emesis »

You guys really think a pool of fish is claimed if you get the first throw in? Personally I never thought it was. Happens all the time that people fish from the same pool as me, and I've done the same thing as well. Never really thought of it as a problem, and I've never had anyone react when I did it either. (However, I don't see that this guy deserves his name on the doom list).
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

Fagan wrote:Unless you mean that the pool despawned so in actual fact you didn't technically 'ninja' anything, then I didn't miss the point at all. Just because you failed to actually fish from his pool doesn't mean you didn't try to.
This.
Giruy wrote:Now unless there's some special reason for DMF pools that I don't know about,
DMF pools only contained sealed boxes which can contain any variety of MoP mats, ore, leather, cloth, health/mana/dps pots, a little cash (very little) and some DMF food/drink. IE not worth getting excited over...

Anything I say now in my defense will sound childish and churlish for being called out as a ninja for something I dont ordinarily do, so I wont even defend it. (Yes I have a defense but who cares).
Giruy wrote:(I've only ever done it once and that was to Temp, who promptly numptied me :)).
Feel free.
Flexie wrote:Also, of all things, "suck m8 ninja" got you that riled up?
Umm yeah. Its one thing to be called a ninja for a gold mine or a piece of loot, but 1 non-pull of a pool that only has 1 or 2 pulls in it at all does not qualify. My reply to that would be the same one I was given under similar circumstances (mob ninjas), play a single player game....
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

I had a somewhat similar experience with a druid in stealth who claimed I stole his kill on a daily (of a normal quest mob of which 100s are around .. well.. 10s). People call you a ninja for everything... "Are you needing on that item which is actually useful for you, but which I also need ? NINJA !" .. I usually entertain myself in a vibrant whisperconversation with these people :)

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Mehetabel

Post by Mehetabel »

Emesis wrote:You guys really think a pool of fish is claimed if you get the first throw in?
Actually, I've always thought this. I fish a LOT, have done for years, and I always felt like there was this unwritten rule that if someone is fishing a pool then it's better manners to move on to the next one rather than muscle in on the pool already being fished. Likewise, I honestly cannot remember even one time when someone has started fishing a pool I'm already at. Plenty of people will land next to me, see the pool is taken and move on.

However, as much as I feel a fished pool is a "claimed" pool, it probably is very much a case of personal opinion and other people may feel differently, like Elu and Emesis obviously do.
Nihil

Post by Nihil »

Erazor (with accent over E and o, if i recall correctly), a death knight, kindly and repeatedly tried to reset my Zandalari Warbringer from its 20% till the end by taunting it and running off with it. I'm happy tho that he didnt know he had a death grip and could pull the rare so far away i wouldnt be able to do anything about it.
Mehetabel

Post by Mehetabel »

Purelíght - holy paladin.

Was teamed up with a rogue and fighting a Warbringer. They'd been dying and running back but couldn't manage (rogues are way too squishy to tank those) so when they stopped and the Warbringer reset Fagan (on his dk) and I went in for a try. They didn't like this at all so the paladin kept throwing party grenades at me to try and distract me from healing. When that didn't work he/she then ran up to me and opened a trade window (assuming that it would cover my raid frames and I wouldn't be able to heal while I had to sort it out). Unfortunately for them I keep my raid frames near the bottom of my screen so it didn't effect me :P
Rinholy

Post by Rinholy »

Mugiwara - Fury warrior

Me and Leathien teamed up with him for an ICC 25 HC run. All went well untill we came at the LK himself. Majority of the group joined for the title, but before we started the bossfight, Mugiwara changed the difficulty to normal instead of HC.
Everyone protested and tried to talk sense into him, cos that was not what they signed up for, but he wouldn't change it back into HC mode. The reason was he had to do a quest at the boss. Dunnow what quest it was, maybe something for warriors, but i'm not teaming up with him again as he didn't complete the run as promised.
Firik

Post by Firik »

oh my you went on a mugi run? if theres one rule i follow on LB it's no matter what i'm wanting to do if mugi is involved step away and try again later.

Firik
Kharybdis

Post by Kharybdis »

Firik wrote:oh my you went on a mugi run? if theres one rule i follow on LB it's no matter what i'm wanting to do if mugi is involved step away and try again later.

Firik
Pretty much this. And to quote Bob The Skull:

“Here's where I ask why don't you spend your time doing something safer and more boring. Like maybe administering suppositories to rabid gorillas.”

Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.

Prepare for the worst and dare the universe to disappoint you
Rinholy

Post by Rinholy »

Firik wrote:oh my you went on a mugi run? if theres one rule i follow on LB it's no matter what i'm wanting to do if mugi is involved step away and try again later.

Firik
Jep, well..won't make that mistake again