Gladion

Re: Vanilla Server?

Post by Gladion »

POM+Pyro, here we come!
In regione caecorum rex est luscus.
Lilpinkie

Post by Lilpinkie »

From what was said this weekend it looks like it will be a few years before this happens, it doesn't sound like they've started it as they mentioned job postings will be coming in the near future.
Korchinks

Post by Korchinks »

I am sitting on the fence, I loved vanilla and probably didn't get to play it long enough to fully understand or appreciate it as much as say TBC onwards,

I can't shake the feeling that this will be like getting back with a Girlfriend, there will be lots of excitement rekindling the old flames at the start but the question will be how much time will it take before you realise that the problems you had whilst together before haven't really gone away and you both moved on for a reason.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one
Amazone

Post by Amazone »

Yes well what I think they are still not singing full vanilla back,
they want the right sauce,
classes and gameplay mechanics are thing that were never brought back on vanilla servers and not now either, but what will they do?
How vanilla will vanilla be?

I don't hope they made an announcement and that it will take years to manage.
we are not able to think ahead of a thing like the next xpack.
ImageImage
Mehetabel

Post by Mehetabel »

Bit of an update on the Vanilla servers . . . looks like it been hard work so far!

http://www.wowhead.com/news=284983/dev- ... ums-of-war
Aleila

Post by Aleila »

I wouldn't want to be working on that team :? I think the vast majority of people who try it will be disappointed with the Vanilla experience no matter how good a job they do of restoring it
ArrZarr

Post by ArrZarr »

Aleila wrote:I wouldn't want to be working on that team :? I think the vast majority of people who try it will be disappointed with the Vanilla experience no matter how good a job they do of restoring it
To quote Blizzard "You think you want this but you don't" - A phrase which has been used to relentlessly pressure Blizz into creating WoW classic.

What scares me is the amount of smug that some people will cram into this quote in response to any complaints about WoW Classic.
Aleila

Post by Aleila »

It's the usual "you weren't there man!" attitude of vanilla raiders :D
Smitetor

Post by Smitetor »

it odd how the folks on the forum asking for Vanilla servers are the same ones to complain about:-
  • Threat reductions in 8.0
  • poor class balance
  • Claiming spec are simply unplayable
  • There to much grinding
  • WoW adding about 10 levels. "is just about making us grind xp and paying our subs"
  • things on the GCD are slowing the game down
  • Simpifaction of wow with spell/ability removal and class homogenisation
    • as apposed to the most effective way to by Vanilla being a single macro that made the choices for you lol

I think they are where rose-coloured glasses with rose-coloured contacts in too, not sure ill even touch Vanilla and that's not because i have 50 toons (account max)
ArrZarr

Post by ArrZarr »

To be fair, Mana; the one thing that can't be said about Vanilla was that the classes all felt the same.

OTOH, you could only have 7 classes (and, let's face it, everybody on each class would be playing the one working spec in their class) so there was a lot more room for the classes to feel distinct within rather than the multitude of specs (roles per class) that you could have now.