Rub... Prepping for Legion!

Spam!!
Rublupine

Rub... Prepping for Legion!

Post by Rublupine »

Howdy all,

I thought I'd post up my Legion conundrum for people's input.

So, I'm really struggling on finalising my main for Legion. One part of me is happy with Balance Druid, I could play that. But, my old self is still eyeing up the Arcane Mage, and a new bit of me is eyeing up the Shadow Priest...

Right now, I'm torn. The state of live isn't helping. I've read heavily on Artifacts, Raids, PvP, Dungeons, etc. All have pros and cons.

Arcane seems the easiest a to pick up, familiar to me already, minimal changes, quick rotation, mobility, arcane power is a good mechanic as is quickening, etc.

Balance is a world better than it has been, I like the new Astral power mechanic, I think Fury of Elune is interesting too. But, new Starfall is less fun, mobility is low, significant ramp up time and long casts mean it suffer in dungeons and PvP.

Shadow looks very rewarding mechanically, insanity looks like a more fleshed out version of Fury of Elune and Arcane Power. So, a whole mini game built to the spec. Mobility seems to be worst of the three though. Not sure on AoE potential either, seems like dots and a channels tick.

So, that's me. I could probably play any of these happily, but what am I not thinking about? Let's assume Artifacts are equal in this equation (though I think Shadow has a little more active parts to it rather than passive abilities). Legendaries are rng and I'm not factoring those into this.

I'm worried that my play time is lower than it has been, so changing around will be hard (impossible). I need to reach a definitive decision.

Appreciate debate and opinions. Thanks.
Caireann

Re: Rub... Prepping for Legion!

Post by Caireann »

One thing to consider, then. Which of those classes' offspecs would you like to play?

As you have said, you don't have enough time to maintain more toons, and gear is shared acrossed one toon for almost all the specs (pieces that are now spec-only are supposed to be easier to share as well). And, as you know, we tend to swap specs around to fit the raid.

This vid helped me think about the class I want to play, maybe it will clear your thoughts as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opzcf96ttC0 ;)
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

I think you will be unhappy if you pick Arcane. I know you're not as driven by meters as some of us, bur the output of arcane at present is just not competitive, and that will start to prey on your mind in raids. Unfortunately, arcane is one of the two specs which doesn't yet feature in noxxic's rankings (http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings), but I tried it extensively a couple of weeks ago and it has only very poor output compared to frost and fire.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Amazone

Post by Amazone »

This video is nice too.
(Except that maker never got what bm spec is about, not in TBC and not now. But I acgree with him it is boring, but equally boring as marksman tbh.)

Needless to say I have issues with choosing as well. based on current lvl 100 situation I am hunter no more, because too much is lost and no fun gains or utility. And I don't care at all about hunters going melee.(not the best melee either...) But I am not sure about the lvl 110 situation.
Loosing all the traps and tranq shot....that won't be changed at all 110.

Hard to make a change too.
But then what to choose? my druid (best class to me, but if I make it my main i am not sure about spec and offspecs) , my mage or something else.
Shadowpriests and eles hamans are hyped now, and mages have got 3 fun specs.
everything that hunters is missing to me.
ImageImage
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

With druid you have access to all 3 roles and 4 specs. It probably has the most variety and flexibility without having to switch toon and gear up again. You've done well as an OS healer, so I'd probably say druid, or priest if you want a change of scenery.
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

Thanks all, useful info and vids.

I've made progress. Mage is off the table. Sunday's raiding reminded me of a few things. First, Arcane is pretty. Second, it's also pretty one dimensional. It has its merits for sure. I think it's very mobile, will undoubtedly scale well, and has some decent cooldown play. So, negatives for me? its all too familiar now, the rotation stays pretty samey regardless of what talents you pick - yes it changes, but not as much as Balance and Shadow.

More testing this week, but probably not about Tue-Wed.
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

Boom... Druid!

Priests will be fun too though.