Kara - Seventees

Spam!!
Nephesh
Officer

Kara - Seventees

Post by Nephesh » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:54 am

Hello Easians.

The decision has been made. We are venturing into Karazhan once more, with lvl 70 toons.
Details will follow soon, but get your 70 toon ready so we can gather pre-Kara gear and do this amazing raid the challenging way!

(rules stolen from a RP guild recruitment page, as they fit the idea perfectly - Lizzy)

BoA?:
-BoA is a great tool to get your levels fast, and I recommend using it if you have it so you can jump into our raids ASAP! But, once you hit 70 you must replace the BoA with normal gear from heroics, quests, crafts etc etc. We do not really want BoA in raids, or at least want 90% of your gear to be non-BoA. If you need help getting gear, just ask :)

Main Focus:
- TBC Progression Raiding, our main goal is to play as if we are back in the good old days of TBC!

Main Rules:
- On reaching level 70, you must to go to Stormwind Keep and find ‘Behsten’ the ‘Experience Eliminator’ and lock yourself at level 70.
*important* - No purchased 70 PvP equipment to use in-raid. By the same token, whilst levelling you will pick up greens that are higher than ilevel 115, our aim is not to cheese the raid but to enjoy the challenge as we did back in TBC, so please aim to have gear below 125 (the max ilevel of a Kara drop).
- when levelling, do not worry about enchanting gear, but once we are raiding usual raid rules will apply with respect to food, flasks and enchants. I (Lizzy) have a lock with practically all TBC enchants (including Mongoose for those that want it!). Soraya can also make all TBC flasks and pots.

If we have enough interest, we could consider the 25 man content. Later, once we have geared "end game" we could also consider levelling to 80 for next content. Raids & Gear Score Guide:

- Karazhan, 10man. Ilvl: 105-115
- Magtheridon's Lair, 25man. Ilvl: 115-120
- Gruul’s Lair, 25man. Ilvl: 120-125

- Tempest Keep, 25man. Ilvl: 125 -130
- Serpentshrine Cavern, 25man. Ilvl: 128 -130

-Battle for Mount Hyjal, 25man. Ilvl: 130 – 145
- Black Temple, 25man. Ilvl: 134 – 150

- Sunwell Plateau, 25man. Ilvl: 150+

So-far signed (not all written down yet):
T.
  • Arrz: Druid tank (70)
  • Neph: DK tank (70)

H.
  • Erian: Disc priest (70)
  • Thawt - Druid / Paladin
  • Littlepinkie - Shaman
D.
  • Sora: Hunter (70)
  • Aleila: Rogue
  • Elihm: Rogue(70)
  • Brave: dk
  • Lir - Warrior/Warlock
  • Bob - Warrior/Warlock/mage
Star - Shaman
Ro - druid
Twawt Thawt (sorry :oops: )
Ama - druid/hunter
Bipsie -

-

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Tsumecho

Re: Kara - Seventees

Post by Tsumecho » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:34 am

I have a lvl 56 homeless warrior that could be faction changed. I also have a lock or mage I can focus on lvling more. Depends on what you'd prefer for balance, so I'll wait to hear what others are using.
Meow.

Liria
Officer

Post by Liria » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:46 am

We still haven't finished herald of the titans... my poor shaman has been rotting at level 80 for couple of years now.

That being said Kara is my fav raid so I might try to level my warrior/warlock for this.

Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:08 am

Liria wrote:We still haven't finished herald of the titans... my poor shaman has been rotting at level 80 for couple of years now.

That being said Kara is my fav raid so I might try to level my warrior/warlock for this.
Ye, I'll look at Heralds when there isn't new stuff, many people may be interested post Kara because they can use the toons they have at 70, for those that don't have a toon at 80 that is.
Meow.

Thawte

Post by Thawte » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:14 am

Original Thawte is 80 on Lightbringer :)

Will see if I have someone close enough to 70 on either server for this.
SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!

Bipsie

Post by Bipsie » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:06 pm

Oooh i'd love to do this!

I think the closest I have is a level 69 warrior, can't remember what spec.

I'll have a look tonight at my other toons and let you know which I will use!
Kalehela | Shiyori | Bipsie | Tylune | Niyomi | Reylah
Mopzie | Okámi | Hilderid | Ayuna | Taoshiki | Cairistioná

Rotkwa
Officer

Post by Rotkwa » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:13 pm

I'd like to join but is unlikely i'll have the time. My closest toon is a 42 druid that heals, i guess i'll know by next week.

Also cheers to original Thawte :).

Amazone

Post by Amazone » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:17 pm

I have been thinking about how to do this,

I have a lvl 39 lock I would gladly lvl on lightbringer but thats miles away.

but once upon a time in MOP with a friendly guildy I created copies of myself, and lvled together tos ee the changes after the cataclysm and lvl a bit for fun, as an alternative for raiding.

I just checked but I have a lvl 76 dk Xantippe we cannot use, a lvl 70 druid Anduviel, and a lvl 68 hunter Amazone and a lvl 35 mage tovenares on The Emerald dream.
So druid and hunter are viable options they do need some gears till, and were handycapped by being on strange server. druid of course has the msot flexibility which might be useful as we don't know what group we end up with.

btw maybe this other player (Parsifal) might renew his subscription if he finds out we are doing the herald of the titans achievement again, he was such a fan of doing this kind of stuff.
ImageImage

Starwind

Post by Starwind » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:17 pm

Kara was my first raid in this game, those memories omg! I would love it. Have a lvl 51 shammy closest, not sure how long to level him up though, but i'll try.

Bravebeard

Post by Bravebeard » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:28 am

Will try to make a dps DK