Kara - Seventees

Spam!!
Liria

Re: Kara - Seventees

Post by Liria »

Sadly it seems that I'll have to withdraw from this fun event :) I still have 30lvls to go on my warlock, and there is simply no way I'm going to make it in time.
I do have a 72 lvl character but I assume you are strict about the 70-only rule :)
Have fun guys!
Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

Liria wrote:Sadly it seems that I'll have to withdraw from this fun event :) I still have 30lvls to go on my warlock, and there is simply no way I'm going to make it in time.
I do have a 72 lvl character but I assume you are strict about the 70-only rule :)
Have fun guys!
I believe they're planning on do more than just the one run, I could be mistaken though.
Meow.

Kharybdis

Post by Kharybdis »

I'm (slowly) gearing up my rogue for the run

Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.

Prepare for the worst and dare the universe to disappoint you
Gladion

Post by Gladion »

Hmm, I might get my gnome warrior leveled for this..
In regione caecorum rex est luscus.
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

Liria wrote:Sadly it seems that I'll have to withdraw from this fun event :) I still have 30lvls to go on my warlock, and there is simply no way I'm going to make it in time.
Have fun guys!
There will be more TBC fun! :)

Last night's run was a little disappointing but a LOAD of fun. We had 2 tanks, 2 healers (one was level 68 and undergeared) and 3 dps. The early bosses went down way more quickly than expected, so we started to do silly things to make it more challenging, e.g pulling extra mobs and taking off gear...Elihm was running around Kara in just his guild tabard, rather disturbing I must say! :lol: but we did need gear for later bosses...well Elihm needed not to be naked anyway! Later we had a couple of wipes as we decided not to disclose mechanics on certain bosses. I guess it felt more like a normal mythic on our 110 toons.

As we fill the raid with more ppl, we might have to reconsider our gearing rules. If we want it to be more challenging, perhaps we need to downgear even more for Kara, but to level 100-105 greens, unenchanted and ungemmed. The gear we have already farmed, we will need in later raid content no doubt. This whole idea has been so funny - celebrating downgrading and not learning boss mechanics - so different to our usual raiding :D This might also explain why you can get into Kara at 68, but not into heroic dungeons until 70, the heroic dungeons can be harder.

I am thinking with the gear we currently have, we should be able to 10-15 man the 25 man content. It's a shame this content is so nerfed, but it did not make it any less fun last night! :) As soon as you hit 68 sign up for Kara, you can get in at that level (later content you will need to be 70)

Thinking of raid balance; I am inclined to say everyone play what they want to - it is the person in the group that matters more. The reality is that Kara, as it is now, can be one tanked, we can survive with 1.5 healers, and the rest dps. If we end up with 3 tanks signed, the fun will be then seeing the tanks fight to be MT :D more than 1.5 healers, well they can keep us up as 3 tanks fight to bring the whole of lower Kara to one room! :lol:
Lilpinkie

Post by Lilpinkie »

One of the issues is that the way stats work has changed, when we did Kara before it was end game content. This time it's not and stats give the characters so much more now than they did back then, for example now if you have an item with crit, it gives you more crit % now than it did back in tbc.
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

Yep, this is what we found :)

Ok so the next 2 non official raid nights have been booked for FFA hcs...so I have set the next TBC run for Tuesday 2 May at 21:30 (I am not home until 21:15).
Lilpinkie

Post by Lilpinkie »

I kept next friday free for you too, I was trying to cram my ffa's in before we go away on the 3rd
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

Thank you :) we will see what is happening, Erian can't make Fridays and he has put a lot of work into his char, so I would like to vary the days where possible.
Elihm
Raid Leader

Post by Elihm »

It was fun to stab some faces, see something new and hear people's memories!

Re the difficulty, my rogue's ilvl, hp and auto-attack dps are:
  • 110 / 13,000 / 270 (no heirlooms, gear from levelling, gaps filled wtih cheap stuff on AH, then a few heroics)
  • 62 / 9,900 / 210 (as above but no head/neck/cloak/rings/trinkets)
  • 14 / 6,500 / 150 (just weapons, blue mohican and a big grin)
The middle option might be easy to do (rather than for example targetting an ilvl) to bump the challenge a bit, avoid unbalanced trinkets, and preserve tmog or the TBC clown suits that Brave and I were modelling :lol:!

Of course numbers of players and raid size will make a huge difference so I plan to get some bank alt type clothes for the last option (I got one shot on trash with those hp but I could have been a lot more cautious! And *cough* *tricks* *cough*).