Kara - Seventees

Spam!!
Soraya

Re: Kara - Seventees

Post by Soraya »

FWIW, Kara progression did not dictate group formations other than 2 tanks, 3 healers, rest dps. Meaning, no such thing as ranged or melee heavy! :)

Rather than balancing melee over ranged, back then preference might be given to bringing a priest, any priest, for MC (undead) now DK can do that too. At the end of the day, that was about crowd control. Additionally preference might have been given for those with stuns and interrupts - most classes these days, and a shaman for hero (tho there weren't so many back then!).

I strongly recommend making a char you will enjoy playing, after all this is about fun, right? :) so long as we get enough tanks/healers/viable off-specs, the rest will all be great!

(@ Elihm :lol: )
Mehetabel

Post by Mehetabel »

OMG just seen this thread! :shock:

I have a horrible feeling all my chars are too high level but I will have a look around to see what I have as I'd love to join in on this. :D My test run for <Easy> was in Kara, not to mention the months spent in there with my first guild too.

Edit: All my chars seem to be level 90 and up. :( I'm going to have a go at making a new char and if I can level it in time then I'll be in for this too. :)
Bipsie
GM [Retired]

Post by Bipsie »

I've gone for druid. I will happily do any role (which is why I picked druid :D). I am levelling as bear because it makes the dungeon queue quick and also I've never played bear, however it seems we're okay for T/H so i'll either be kitty or boomie at 70.
Battletag: squarah1990#2117
Discord: _squarah
Mehetabel

Post by Mehetabel »

I've made a new character and have started leveling her (holy pally for that full nostalgic feeling! :lol: ). She's currently only level 20 so no idea whether or not I'll be able to get her up in time to actually join you guys with anything but I'll give it a go. :)
Thawte

Post by Thawte »

I already have decent-ish gear on my 70 Druid, is it better if I roll someone fresh?
SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK
Nephesh
GM [Retired]

Post by Nephesh »

Thawte wrote:I already have decent-ish gear on my 70 Druid, is it better if I roll someone fresh?
If you make sure you get it equipped with max pre-Kara gear (max ilvl 115 and a rare pice of 125 (lower is also good)) then it's fine it you take your druid off!! :) What spec does it have?

-

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Amazone

Post by Amazone »

Alright, i was thinking about my lvl 70 druid Andu as well, but now i hear so many people having druids , I wonder what I should do because I ha not decided on a spec or anything. I still do have lvl 68 Ama as well.
With so many druids (and other players?) and 4 specs available I would like to know what to focus on for gearing.
Or maybe go for the pure dps I did get my first Prince kill on (oh well the copy)

Maybe we should make a roster?
ImageImage
Nephesh
GM [Retired]

Post by Nephesh »

Just play whatever you prefer *druid would be nice for having all 4 options, but taking your hunter is also good off :). (Kara is accessible from lvl 68 btw).

@all:
I'm keeping the list on the first message of this topic. Just let me know what you're playing (and if it's T/H/D) and I'll update that list accordingly.
Also let me know if that char is lvl 70 so that we can mark those names. :)

*Any updates will also be posted in this first messages so that they will not get lost.

-

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Thawte

Post by Thawte »

Nephesh wrote:If you make sure you get it equipped with max pre-Kara gear (max ilvl 115 and a rare pice of 125 (lower is also good)) then it's fine it you take your druid off!! :) What spec does it have?
Ok then we good it's around 115 with +agi stuff but no +int stuff which i'll need if I'm healing so got some work to do to farm.

Where is the place we go to lock xp @ 70?
SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

Thawte wrote:
Nephesh wrote:If you make sure you get it equipped with max pre-Kara gear (max ilvl 115 and a rare pice of 125 (lower is also good)) then it's fine it you take your druid off!! :) What spec does it have?
Ok then we good it's around 115 with +agi stuff but no +int stuff which i'll need if I'm healing so got some work to do to farm.

Where is the place we go to lock xp @ 70?
Stormwind, check the first post :)