Expansion news

Spam!!
Amazone

Re: Expansion news

Post by Amazone »

Lilpinkie wrote:I think it makes sense as we'll be able to get traits from the gear linked to azerite, so having to fit in set bonuses too would be a pain and I think they have learnt from us having the conflict between tier and legendaries that a new system needs to be in place.

legion legendaries is something new.
major complaint is that legendary doesn't feel so legendary anymore since everyone has loads.
I don't think they are going to design around legion legendaries the same way, haven't read about that yet but they must do something with he criticism for battle for A.
My point is they shouldn't even be named legendaries because they aren't they are to common for that.
they must take along wow before legion as well..
what kind of happens every follow up is a change from the last, but takes back elements for xpacks before that.
they will think of new legendaries just as the way they think about tier artifact and artifact power.
This is also why too much speculating is abuit too early right now, need more news from ptr, but ptr is never the definite version anyways
ImageImage
Amazone

Post by Amazone »

Lilpinkie wrote:I think it makes sense as we'll be able to get traits from the gear linked to azerite, so having to fit in set bonuses too would be a pain and I think they have learnt from us having the conflict between tier and legendaries that a new system needs to be in place.

legion legendaries is something new.
major complaint is that legendary doesn't feel so legendary anymore since everyone has loads.
I don't think they are going to design around legion legendaries the same way, haven't read about that yet but they must do something with he criticism for battle for A.
My point is they shouldn't even be named legendaries because they aren't they are to common for that.
they must take along wow before legion as well..
what kind of happens every follow up is a change from the last, but takes back elements for xpacks before that.
they will think of new legendaries just as the way they think about tier artifact and artifact power.
This is also why too much speculating is abuit too early right now, need more news from ptr, but ptr is never the definite version anyways
ImageImage
Lilpinkie

Post by Lilpinkie »

from the q&a we won't have as many legendaries but it sounds like they don't have a complete system in place. They have just briefly mentioned tier in the q&a:

Since Tier Set bonuses are going away in BfA, does this mean we're still getting 12 unique armor sets per tier?

They're taking a different approach to tier. The Heart of Azeroth system will allow for customization in many of the current tier slots. Previously in classic, Tier used to be a long term goal to get your 8 piece. These days, with multiple difficulties, many slots are locked.

In the past, the artists have been making the class sets and offpieces are simply recolours of the tier pieces and have no connection to the raid. Going forward, they want to have one specific set per armor type per zone, with more zones but the set will also reflect the origins of the zone thematically.

Won't the removal of tier bonuses create less incentive for people to do raids?

There will still be unique trinkets and other important that only drop from raids. In addition, the Heart of Azeroth system is made of handcrafted items which means that there will be traits that you can only get on raid gear.
Lilpinkie

Post by Lilpinkie »

The new min requirements for pc/mac have been posted https://www.wowhead.com/news=281321/wor ... ws-and-mac
Mehetabel

Post by Mehetabel »

Lilpinkie wrote:The new min requirements for pc/mac have been posted https://www.wowhead.com/news=281321/wor ... ws-and-mac
We now have two very pretty and expensive paperweights! :lol:
Ramael

Post by Ramael »

It looks like first aid will be removed as a profession in the coming expansion. Tailoring is most likely to now include bandage making and other things first aid did earlier. This is not a big thing (who uses first aid anyway), but it will probably mean that some (or all) achievements related to first aid will no longer be obtainable. One of the achievements may be interesting to healers, because it awards a title - 'field medic'. Unfortunately, the achievement is grindy and may take some time to complete. Here's a guide if you plan to hunt this one - link.
Battletag: Seb#22308
Elihm
Raid Leader

Post by Elihm »

Thanks for the heads up, still need three parts of that.
Ramael

Post by Ramael »

Yeah, me too. I've been putting it off for ages, but I guess the time is now. :)
Battletag: Seb#22308
Mehetabel

Post by Mehetabel »

That achievement is a nightmare! I've been trying to do it but those letters drop so rarely. :cry:
Elihm
Raid Leader

Post by Elihm »

Yeah, demotivated because I only got one recently and already had it :(. My current approach is to do Emissary WQs that involve killing stuff, and farm a bit in the zone at the same time.

EDIT: Done 24/3 :D. After several hours on the Gloaming Reef, Academy murlocs and the Furbolgs with nothing, and on Falcosaurs with two wrong messages, three messages dropped at Gloaming Reef then I got the last one from Undergrells with instant respawns during the WQ. Good luck!