Expansion news

Spam!!
Lilpinkie

Expansion news

Post by Lilpinkie »

So I thought I'd use this for bits and pieces aimed at the next expansion, news today is that tier sets won't be in the next expansion as they don't like how it locks certain slots
Nephesh
GM [Retired]

Re: Expansion news

Post by Nephesh »

Secretly I’m not very sad with that ... /happy dance

-

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Lilpinkie

Post by Lilpinkie »

me neither, it means we can focus more on stats we want rather than trying to get set bonuses
Mehetabel

Post by Mehetabel »

All the naysayers are already crying the death of raiding because of that lol. :roll: Because the sole reason to raid is to get those tier sets, obviously.
Smitetor

Post by Smitetor »

Just means I can 100% gear every toon better from M+ now than HC raiding(mythic too with titan forging), can out ilvl raiding now but the tier set are too good on a few class/spec to pass up

in my opinion, It does devalue raid gear a lot, think of your BIS if Tier gear wasn't a thing now 90%+ of mine goes from dungeons.

Furthermore, in my opinion, a mythic +15 and higher, is harder than most mythic raid bosses so I don't have too big of an issue with that given the loot pools in your mythic + chest have a larger loot pool so it much harder to get the right loot from a M+.
Mehetabel

Post by Mehetabel »

I must admit that I am slightly worried that it will make it compulsive to chain-run dungeons throughout the expac. I'm contemplating coming back to raiding next expac but it's no secret that I entirely despise dungeons and always have done. Not sure how that's going to affect things.
Korchinks

Post by Korchinks »

The cynic in me see's an underlying note: Developers can save hundreds of hours work by no longer having to create set bonuses for each raid patch (Go us!! :D :D )

Tier has been a mainstay of the game since the start so this, in a way, takes away some of the foundation of the game.

I see both sides of the coin, personally, I would of liked to see tier gear more accessible outside of raiding (than it is today or has been previously) rather than taking tier out of the game.

Still, the game and it's player base move forward, as it always has done - I don't see it as the death of raiding, but I do think it will have a negative impact if the new process isn't implemented correctly.

All things considered, although my immediate reaction is that this is a mistake (but does it mean I won't like it? Doubtful). I don't know if they will even stick to that decision, all I know is that this expac has been, for me, the best since Wrath (I don't rate Cata or Pandaria very highly at all, WoD was better, but Legion stands head and shoulders above even that).

So with that in mind, I am confident that BFA can continue the upward trend....

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one
Nephesh
GM [Retired]

Post by Nephesh »

To be honest, I don't mind the tier idea, what bothered me most was that the bonus was stuck on fix gear.
What I would like more would be something like a tier-set upgrade item which you could use to upgrade existing(equipped) gear in a fixed gear slot. This way you can hunt for better ilvl in whatever way possible and still get class upgrades..

*I know, keep dreaming.. :P

-

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Amazone

Post by Amazone »

Korchinks wrote: All things considered, although my immediate reaction is that this is a mistake (but does it mean I won't like it? Doubtful). I don't know if they will even stick to that decision, all I know is that this expac has been, for me, the best since Wrath (I don't rate Cata or Pandaria very highly at all, WoD was better, but Legion stands head and shoulders above even that).

So with that in mind, I am confident that BFA can continue the upward trend....

I agree with your Korch. I started TBC and loved it but the storya and the pace o fthe patches weer brilliant, the tier idea felt better here as well, in tbc raiding was only really feasible for limited amount of players/guilds.

cata: not sure about development of tier here it was more or less the same but without the wonderful content of wotlk

mop: well there was content here, but I don;t think it was anyone's favorite xpack.

wod: sterted off well ended badly. one raid Hellfire citadel (with the same tier) for over a year in an xpack that lasted less then 2 years. There was a patch missing at the end there should ahve been asmall raid as well without tier when HFC got old. suspciion is that they didn't do ti and put in the effort in legion.

legion: obviously just more effort in everything. I discovered one thing that is actually worse, a personal story line with character development, Yrel Velen and allies. the heroes in Legion don't have much development , they end joking and having fun in world quest , immediately at hitting 110.

Of course they added the artifact which is new and of course in some way artifact may come and go and they will do something else,
Int hat sense tier can go and they migth do soemthing else.

Since it is not far yet WOD and Legion both tarted off with a raid with no tier. maybe they will add another raid with no tier, and only add tier in the most important raid as a comprise? we won't find out yet.
ImageImage
Lilpinkie

Post by Lilpinkie »

I think it makes sense as we'll be able to get traits from the gear linked to azerite, so having to fit in set bonuses too would be a pain and I think they have learnt from us having the conflict between tier and legendaries that a new system needs to be in place.