Nowai not allowed to happen!

Spam!!
Korchinks

Re: Nowai not allowed to happen!

Post by Korchinks »

I can't find a mention of the warranty of your motherboard on Gigabyte's website, Scan offer 36 months from boards purchased there, but Aria's product page states only one year, found another global sales page and they also state 36 months so even if your system warranty does not cover the offending item, the manufacturers will pick up the slack :)

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one
ArrZarr

Post by ArrZarr »

Soraya wrote:Seems I have the cheap Chinese one!! How very dare they? I paid almost 2 grand for this machine! :o
Sadly, this is a common trick to cut corners from OEMs. Easy to wow prospective buyers with stats about the CPU and GPU, RAM and disk space but not many people check the PSU to see if it's of a reasonable quality. :(
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

ArrZarr wrote:
Soraya wrote:Seems I have the cheap Chinese one!! How very dare they? I paid almost 2 grand for this machine! :o
Sadly, this is a common trick to cut corners from OEMs. Easy to wow prospective buyers with stats about the CPU and GPU, RAM and disk space but not many people check the PSU to see if it's of a reasonable quality. :(
As you say, I upgraded all of the parts on the basic model, except the PSU, because I didn't know! :oops: We still don't know what the issue is tho, whether I stressed the GPU, CPU, Mobo, RAM or whatever, it all had the same overheating and shutdown response. Actually, correction, stressing the GPU shutdown the pc, stressing the other components caused a reboot back into Windows.

Thanks, Korch! :) I still have a year left on the warranty for the machine. Of course they wanted it packaged as it was delivered to me, like I keep boxes indefinitely! So I had to pay £18 for a full packaging kit which arrived today. It is now safely packed up and ready to be sent back.

Seems I will miss another raid lockout! :|
Lilpinkie

Post by Lilpinkie »

I hope they can fix it soon, sucks about the packaging though
Smitetor

Post by Smitetor »

ouch that seems a little off with the warranty anytime I've had a return with PC stuff they have used UPS and they have special PC packing creates that I just have to put the pc in when they come to collect.

now get on your sons pc and come raid :P
Korchinks

Post by Korchinks »

Yep, although I build my own PC's, if I was in such a position I would buy local(ish) deliver and collect myself.

£18 plus shipping (make sure it's insured) is still not bad (pretty sure they're more flexible toward such things if the product is faulty in year 1).

I know the PC isn't that old, but (in my mind) it's still a small price to pay to get it put right at no extra charge - especially if one of the more expensive component(s) are borked.....it's never convenient, but getting such problems whilst within warranty could well be perceived as a blessing in disguise.

Hope it gets sorted quickly.

Soraya

Post by Soraya »

Soraya wrote:(snip)

Corsair VS650W PSU

(I mention the PSU because I am suspicious by previous experience that this may be at fault?)
Aaaaand confirmed! :lol: Now, if only I had followed my gut I would not have missed so much raiding! I returned the PC Monday, got a call today saying my PSU had failed. It was just outside of warranty, so I had to pay for a new one. I did not have to pay for labour, as that was under warranty. The frustrating thing is, I could have replaced it myself two weeks ago.

Anyway, they have fit a new (slightly larger) one but will return me the old one so I can return it to Corsair as it should be still under manufacturers warranty. They will retest it tomorrow and all being well they will mail it back to me by Friday and I am about to sign for Sunday's raid! :D /applause!!

Thank you all so much, I have learned a lot from this process! :)
Elihm
Raid Leader

Post by Elihm »

Good to hear it should be sorted. Now you have to make yourself breakfast!
Korchinks

Post by Korchinks »

Good news, get the old one repaired/replaced under warranty and then ebay it to recuperate your carriage costs :)

Nephesh
GM [Retired]

Post by Nephesh »

Good to hear Sora! Can't wait to see you back in the raid! :D

-

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi