Social, social distancing.

Spam!!
Ramael

Re: Social, social distancing.

Post by Ramael »

I've put up a Servant of N'zoth achievement event for tomorrow - Saturday 02.05. - mainly to see how much interest there is in obtaining it. The achievement awards a toy and a title and involves world pvp. It's not difficult to complete it if we make a group of at least 5 people.

Edit:

This is the description of what we have to do, from Wowhead:
To unlock the toy N'lyeth, Sliver of N'Zoth, you will first need to turn War Mode on and become an Alliance Assassin or Horde Assassin by killing 10 players of the opposite faction without dying in Kul Tiras or Zandalar. The moment you reach Assassin, you will be offered a new quest from an unseen presence (presumably N'Zoth himself), requesting you to prove your worth to him by slaying members of your own faction.

There are two versions of this quest: Servant of N'Zoth for Alliance players, and Servant of N'Zoth for Horde players.

By accepting the quest, you will receive N'lyeth, Sliver of N'Zoth, which can be used to transform your character into a Servant of N'Zoth, but be careful - Using the item will damage you by 60% of your maximum health, so make sure you're fully healed before using it! The effect is quite cool, covering your character in tentacles and a void aura. The effect lasts for 1 hour.

The quest requires you to kill 10 of your own faction's members without dying. Dying at any point will automatically fail the quest, and you will need to reach Assassin again to start the quest over.

Completing the quest awards you a toy version of N'lyeth, Sliver of N'Zoth that allows you to become a Shath'yar without requiring reaching Assassin, as well as the Feat of Strength Servant of N'Zoth, which awards the title %s, Servant of N'Zoth. According to N'lyeth, Sliver of N'Zoth description, you are able to become a Servant of N'Zoth in Kul Tiras, Zandalar, Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
Battletag: Seb#22308
Elihm
Raid Leader

Post by Elihm »

M+ FFA on for tonight.

Optional but the Astral Keys addon shares your key with any guildies who also have the addon, simplifying that part of setting up groups.
Vaelar

Post by Vaelar »

I'm supposed to be working but will try to get on, I really need a decent key run
Broken Guitar for sale, No strings attached.
pandademon

Post by pandademon »

Also, alt nya hc run on sunday in calendar :) if anyone is wanting to get alts approved, this would be a decent place to gear it up
Elihm
Raid Leader

Post by Elihm »

After 6 weeks Friday M+ has largely lost one of its goals: getting more people M12's and thus 465/470/residuum to help the next kills is much less important now we have more gear, have killed N'Zoth and two mythic bosses are on farm 8-). We have also been doing keys that are 1-2 too high for us which is a grind. Raiders can certainly time M12/M13 but only when familiar with the dungeon, and doing one dungeon a week won't get that familiarity.

I therefore plan to stop the benevolent dictator approach while still thinking M+ on a Friday is a good idea. People who want to do M+ for fun can group up with friends or people of similar experience and push keys - this is the best way to be entertained for the night. Those who want to do one and done can find like-minded people (tho personally I am no longer up for downgrading a key then dragging folks through it).

I am happy to help things like people who have done every dungeon at M10+ getting an M15, or enthusiastic newcomers (resources below!).

My plan is to put up a nominal calendar event, probably starting at 20:00, to indicate who is keen and available then friends could link up and complete their group via whispers or /g, or tanks and healers could find each other and a key then look in /g. I would encourage using /g for social reasons but minimum standards such as "LF1M dps for KR13, melee that's timed it on 10+" are absolutely reasonable. Comments welcome; if there's demand for balanced groups going for M12/M13 someone is welcome to organise that of course.

Resources:
  • Routes: MDT addon plus Dratnos' weekly routes (if downloading on a Tuesday then spires won't be selected).
  • Abilities: Littlewigs or <DBM> Dungeons (BfA). GTFO addon of course. Dungeon alerts WA (looks like there's an improved version to include mecha but I haven't used that) and targeted spells WA are great.
EDIT: Another sustainable approach (inclusive but -5 ilvl on rewards) would be to keep it as it is but target 10's, do those in time, then enough people do their 11's so as to get 10's the following week.
Bravebeard

Post by Bravebeard »

Thanks for the effort Elihm, has been good fun
Bipsie
GM [Retired]

Post by Bipsie »

Yep thanks very much for organising the events Elihm it's appreciated.
Battletag: squarah1990#2117
Discord: _squarah
Rinholy

Post by Rinholy »

Indeed, thx Elihm! :)
Vaelar

Post by Vaelar »

yup, cheers for the effort, was definitely easier to get a M+ done this way.

I fear it was the only way i would get it done tbh, hopefully i will find the group to do it again.
Broken Guitar for sale, No strings attached.
Vitki

Post by Vitki »

Indeed thanks very much Elihm! :)

I'd be willing to keep going if I can find people to put up with me. ;)