A Christmas message...

Spam!!
Vaelar

A Christmas message...

Post by Vaelar »

Seasons greetings fellow Guildies,

This year has been a strange old year..... Virus’s, lockdowns during summer, lockdowns over the festive period and in my personal life, unfortunate deaths. All of these events have probably affected me in various ways, some good, some not so good.

I learnt to skateboard with my son, something that’s always eluded me as a sport due to the ridiculous amount of balance and fearlessness required to be ‘average’ at it.... Both of us are smashing it and barring a few massive falls we are looking forward to next years spring/summer skate season.

Both myself and the wife had to relocate to fully home based working, restricting our social circles greatly and above all else trapping me in the same room as someone who does nothing but jabber on all day .. lol

I had the unfortunate experience of burying 2 family members this year, each of which I hadn’t even been able to see before they were sick nor while they were in hospital, so it was a very strange thing indeed...

In spite of all this, one thing remained a constant source of relaxation, relief and fun, and that was Warcraft. Knowing I could simply log on and dissolve into this world with these great people in Easy was and still is the single most reassuring factor of life right now, for this, I thank you all very much.

I ask you all now to remember that we are all people, dealing with on some occasion, awful life issues and that we all deserve to be treated respectfully, fairly and as friends, especially in this strange world we currently live in.

If anyone is struggling, needs help or just needs to not feel alone, let me know and I’ll do my absolute best to help.

Lastly, my thoughts go out to those of us who may be poorly at this time and I wish them a speedy recovery and a return to Azeroth and beyond.

Be safe people

Vaelar
(otherwise known as Jason in the fake world)
Broken Guitar for sale, No strings attached.
Nephesh
GM [Retired]

Re: A Christmas message...

Post by Nephesh »

Dear Easians,

@Vae, thanks very much for the kind words and I'm sorry for your losses over this year.
This year has most likely been a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I do hope that in due time we can say exactly that and focus on each-other again, remember those that were hurt or lost and focus on the future, together.

I was fortunate enough to live in a region that has been affected relatively mildly and besides some mild illnesses I have not known any worse cases in close circles around me and work has actually been more busy over most of the year compared to all the previous ones, for which I am grateful.
That does not leave out that I am sad to see all the sorrow around the world and I wish for nothing more than us all being able to embrace each other again and celebrate the little things, just because we can.

For me also, WoW (Easy being the strongest factor) was a stress relief where I could just have fun with you guys, hang out, "slay dragons" and laugh over the small things. For that, I thank you also from the bottom of my heart.
Vae already mentioned the next part, but I hope that you all remember these words and take them into the future. We play this wonderful game for our enjoyment and behind each bundle of pixels, there is a human face that might not be so very different from you. We all have our challenges during these days, all in different degrees. Please remember that and take care of each-other, even if it's just by providing a listening ear once in a while.

We play together, we laugh together, we help another when required and we point out when someone steps over any boundary. All focussed on playing as a team. You have a responsibility as an individual, but the group as a whole also shares the responsibility to help each team member. I think that for a while now this has been seriously accepted by multiple Easians, by example in the form of the enhancement council, but also the people stepping forward to prepare and lead all the raid bosses and not to forget the /o team, that has strongly taken over the responsibility of running Easy. This is all voluntary and meant for Easy, no rewards are bound to this and this is all purely done for the guild.
I would like to also give these people my profound thanks for their investments in helping the fantastic guild/family named Easy.

I hope you will share my thoughts going out to everyone during these days that have it tough for health reasons, or any other reason imaginable.
If, at any time you need help, even if it's only a need for a listening ear, please don't hesitate to give me a poke.
And lastly, I would like to wish you all, for the little it seems to matter, a merry Christmas and safe and foremost healthy 2021.

/Neph (Erik)

-

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Bipsie
GM [Retired]

Post by Bipsie »

Wow these fellow officers of mine are good with words!! I don't have much to add. My work this year has been mostly unaffected by covid except I started working from home in March and have done this full time since and it looks like this will be the case permanently.

Obviously I had my big op not long ago but other than that me and my loved ones have been free of health issues and thankfully avoided covid. My thoughts are with everyone where this is not the case and wish them a smooth recovery from covid or any other issues.

Along with the others please know my facebook, forum and discord inbox is always open if you need a friendly chat or anything.

So yeah Merry Christmas all and can't wait to be back slaying dragons with you all soon. Such escapism :mrgreen:

Lots of love
Bips. (Sarah) xxx
Battletag: squarah1990#2117
Discord: _squarah
pandademon

Post by pandademon »

Its xmas, works over, time to drink away the memories of an awful year!

Cheers!!!
Mehetabel

Post by Mehetabel »

Merry Christmas everyone.

I can only echo what the others have said, in that WoW in general, and <Easy> in particular, has been a wonderfully safe, cheerful place to escape to this year. Fagan and I have been pretty lucky and unscathed this year but our luck ran out this week and this has been the first Christmas in 22 years that we have not been able to spend with our daughter, as she is stuck in a Tier 4 lockdown area, so yeah that's been tough.

I hope everyone has has had the best day they possibly can and thank goodness for facetime, zoom etc.

Mehe/Lisa