Inspiration/meanings of your characters names ....

Spam!!
Daegranos

Re: Inspiration/meanings of your charactes names ....

Post by Daegranos »

I was 14, bored and sat around for 15 minutes thinking up an original name that no one had on another site or whatever.

Then i got really sad I found the dwarf NPC called "Daegarn". :(
Fluttermouse

Post by Fluttermouse »

Some more of my alt names which actually have a bit of thought behind them (I got quite a few which haven't :lol: )

Bonewagon is my Undead mage on Mazrigos. To cut a long story short, most of my alts on Lightbringer are in the same guild which is mostly a levelling guild. Quite a few of the people in there have a lot of chars in there (there's even a couple with 2 accounts worth :shock: ). Back during WOTLK a few of us got together because we'd never really played the horde side and decided to start up a horde guild to see as much of the old quests from the horde side before they trashed them, obviously on a different server so we had the char slots. The guild is called Motorised Maniacs and the original founders all have car/transport related names on at least one of their chars. Likewise my hunter in that guild is called Caravanna and no prizes for guessing her first pet was a bat called Fluttermouse :D
GizmoDK

Post by GizmoDK »

Everynow and then when I'm finding myself bored at work I find a new thread on the forum I haven't visited before :)

I guess it's time to post as well to give, or at least try to give an explanation of the names of some of my chars :D

Gizmodk is so named because of my drill sergeant in my time in the army. I was short and had a big hair at the time, so he thought I resembled Gizmo from the cultmovie Gremlins. Gizmo was taken and since I'm from Denmark I simply added DK at the end.

Fatgnome is my Dorf hunter. I miss the fact that noams can't be hunters, so I rolled his chubby cousin. Sorry Brave :twisted:

Skinnydwarf is my noam lock, similar reason as above. Just rolled with it.

Gódric is my mage. Since I'm a bit of a Harry Potter fan, I ran with Godric Gryffindor.

Critchicken Well, It was either this or Lazerturkey :D

Alfalfa, the butler thingy from Power Rangers, sad, I know -.-

On another note, I made a Tauren on another server called Gizmooh, simply because I couldn't resist :geek:
Fluttermouse

Post by Fluttermouse »

GizmoDK wrote:[Critchicken Well, It was either this or Lazerturkey :D
Cruelty to owls!

And anyway, crit is the least useful stat these days :P
Daegranos

Post by Daegranos »

GizmoDK wrote:Alfalfa, the butler thingy from Power Rangers, sad, I know -.-
Aiy ai ai ai ai!
Mehetabel

Re: Inspiration/meanings of your characters names ....

Post by Mehetabel »

I have a couple more chars now (since I'm trying to get one of each class and race to 85). :)

Oh and Ro and Moreat will be very pleased to know that I now have a lock! ;) It's only taken me 5 years to roll one. :lol:

Tokaloshe (noam lock)- A slightly mis-spelled name of a well known South African evil spirit/gremlin. Don't get more evil than a noam lock so that seemed fitting :lol:

Bliksem (dorf warrior)- This is a South African word that means to beat up someone. Don't mess with dwarf girls!
Tan

Post by Tan »

Mehetabel wrote: Bliksem (dorf warrior)- This is a South African word that means to beat up someone. Don't mess with dwarf girls!
Bliksem is Dutch for Lightning. Very fitting too ^^

Good luck levelling those, it's the perfect time in the emptiness right before the expansion :)
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Mehetabel

Post by Mehetabel »

Tan wrote:Bliksem is Dutch for Lightning. Very fitting too ^^
Awesome, that makes it even better! :D
Yca

Post by Yca »

Roxanika - my standard name for every game I play :lol: It comes from my own real name "Roxana". Roxanika as been with me since my early Age of Empires saves 8-)

Yca - initially my mother's character so she named it. When she was young she couldn't spell her name so she was always referring to herself as Ica

Maiasha (my hordie shammie) - since I had planned to make a her resto I thought Maiasha was a fitting name and it means "life" and it has African origins

Crista - I can't remember any particular reason for choosing this name for her other than Crystal was already taken :P

Uzume (my little pandaren) - goddess of dawn and mirth in the Shinto religion of Japan. She is related to the tale of the missing sun deity Amaterasu and his brother Susano'o (Naruto reference :D )
Sólitaire

Post by Sólitaire »

Just been reading through this topic so thought I would post. I find thinking of names one of the toughest aspects of the game at times!

Anyway here's how I came up with my names:

Sólitaire - As a crazed James Bond fan there was only one name for my Priestess. Shes named after the Tarot card reader from the film Live and Let Die. (Unfortunately Solitaire had gone, hence the ó)

Gingordon (my Dorf Warr) - Created first before Sól and was a rearrangement of my usual tipple Gordon's Gin. I probably had one in my hand at the time too.

Havkin (NElf DK) - Keeping in Line with the whole Lich King plague thing I named him after Vladimir Aaronovich Havkin (Waldemar Mordecai Wolff Haffkine) who was a Scientist known for creating vaccines against the bubonic plague and cholera

Letholdus (Worgen Mage) - This was the name of the first knight over the walls of Jerusalem in the First Crusade. I liked this as I thought it fit in with the Greymane Wall etc.