Base - Back from far far away

Former members who wish to re-join Easy, please post here.
Base Base

Base - Back from far far away

Post by Base Base »

What is your toon's:
a) Name: Base
b) Race: Hmm what a delicate question to ask in these challenging times... (Human)
c) Class: Warrior
d) Spec: Fury, but planning to also get back into Prot.

If the above have changed, can you say why?
No changes, always played both sides of the coin

What is your raiding experience while you were away?
None. Did not play WOW for 7 years

Why did you leave Easy?
Birth of my daughter and real life taking too much of my time (living in new country, new job, newborn, bla bla bla)

Why do you want to rejoin Easy?
Where else to hang out than the guild I helped found all the way back in 2006? :)

Have the reasons why you previously left Easy been resolved?
Kids are bigger now and I have started to have some regular time off in the evenings. So dipping back into WOW.

How much do you see yourself playing/raiding for the future?
For now I will start leveling my main, perhaps an alt. Probably playing 3-4 days a week. I dont really know the current WOW, so have to find out what I can get into. I used to love raiding (even did a bit of raidleading back in the day) so might get back into it, but Mythic+ also looked very interesting. I might know the answer to this around the time the new expansion hits :)

p.s. if you wonder why my username is Base Base, my old account was aparently still here but on an old email I dont have access to any longer :) So cant recover it.
Erian
Raid Leader

Re: Base - Back from far far away

Post by Erian »

Welcome back Bas, would be really great to play with you again!
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

Bas?!

Wow. This Corona thing brings unexpected positive side effects!
Welcome back man!

Some background. I think Bas was one of the people that together with Kim and Hedzer decided it was time for us to leave our Horde realm and start a new guild on the then new Lightbringer. One of the originals so to say.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Xiluva
Officer

Post by Xiluva »

Welcome back!

Base scared/awed me back in the day with his mad skills and game knowledge when I was trying to get Xiluva into tanking (without taunt and avenger's shield)!
Xiluva / Altura / Bruma / Vespula / Xipoca / Elania / Morbia
Xiluva
Officer

Post by Xiluva »

Base Base wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:44 pm p.s. if you wonder why my username is Base Base, my old account was aparently still here but on an old email I dont have access to any longer :) So cant recover it.
I'm sure an officer can edit your old account with the new email address and a temporary new password.
Xiluva / Altura / Bruma / Vespula / Xipoca / Elania / Morbia
Base Base

Post by Base Base »

Great to see some familiar names! Brings back fond memories :) See you all in chat!
Elihm
Raid Leader

Post by Elihm »

Xiluva wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:03 pm
Base Base wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:44 pm p.s. if you wonder why my username is Base Base, my old account was aparently still here but on an old email I dont have access to any longer :) So cant recover it.
I'm sure an officer can edit your old account with the new email address and a temporary new password.
Sadly and ironically two hours after your post Vaelar said on Discord:
I have pruned the forum users quite significantly. If a user has been inactive for years, they have been deleted and will need to re-create an account if they wish to re-join. If a user has been inactive since December 2019, they have been deactivated and will need to apply for reactivation.
with justification:
A smaller forum overhead, a more private forum where we know who is there and who can see our posts
and looking at old posts I believe this has deleted Base's original account :( but not the posts so it would be slightly more complicated.
Vaelar

Post by Vaelar »

I will look into this today. Deleted users can be restored via console so I’ll see what I can do
Broken Guitar for sale, No strings attached.
Vaelar

Post by Vaelar »

Vaelar wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:34 am I will look into this today. Deleted users can be restored via console so I’ll see what I can do
Edit *

Recreate an account with the Base username and I’ll resync the posts.
Broken Guitar for sale, No strings attached.
Bagheeris

Post by Bagheeris »

Fungi wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:55 pm Wow. This Corona thing brings unexpected positive side effects!
Welcome back man!
This.
Apologies for an otherwise content-less post :-)
A friend is someone who knows all about you but likes you anyway.