Did you miss me yet? :D

Former members who wish to re-join Easy, please post here.
Blindndeadly

Did you miss me yet? :D

Post by Blindndeadly »

• What is your toon's name: a) Hawtwheels b) Mechagnome c) Mage d) Fire
  • If the above have changed, can you say why? Nothing changed
  • What was your raiding experience while you were away? -
  • Why did you leave Easy? Unhappy with Raiding progression, unsatisfactory raid leading, bad player behaviour in regards to listening to helpful advice
  • Why do you want to rejoin Easy? Since my previous ventures didnt pan out, i decided not apply to any other guilds that i didnt know anyone in and to come back to Easy where i 've playing with people for 2+ years now
  • Have the reasons why you previously left Easy been resolved? I hope so but only time will tell
  • How much do you see yourself playing/raiding for the future? Same as before really
"To entertain doubt is to dance with death"
Keandres
Raid Leader

Re: Did you miss me yet? :D

Post by Keandres »

In what way can you guarantee that you won't flee again? I don't think Easy should be seen as a backup plan to gear you and provide progress when you want to seek higher up again.
Eyanah

Post by Eyanah »

So you left to apply to another guild who rejected you. Is this correct?
Nephesh
GM [Retired]

Post by Nephesh »

Greetings Blind!

Easy is just that place that draws people back.. ;)

In regards to your re-application, I will accept it based on the fact that you did make your departure known before leaving (on Discord) and also based on our short chat yesterday.
The following rule does state that people are welcome to re-join Easy under certain circumstances, like set partially in the following rule:
Players who have left the guild on good terms can return to the guild without prejudice and possibly skipping some or all of the usual process. However, repeated guild hopping in and out of Easy will not be tolerated. Players who have been dismissed from the guild and seek to reapply will be handled on a case by case basis.
So, this obviously will mean that Easy isn't just a "back-up option", I do hope that you will keep seeing it that way and if that changes that you will be transparent about it. ;)
Blindndeadly wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:27 pm
  • Why did you leave Easy? Unhappy with Raiding progression, unsatisfactory raid leading, bad player behaviour in regards to listening to helpful advice
If you do ever find these issues, please keep trying to think of constructive solutions, work with the people involved to sort it, but if that doesn't work, try to have a chat with one of the /o's. we really don't bite (mostly), but are (as I explained yesterday), doing this work on a voluntary basis, without getting-, or asking for any rewards. Please do give us some patience as we try to improve easy to the best of our (spare-time) abilities.
Blindndeadly wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:27 pm
  • Have the reasons why you previously left Easy been resolved? I hope so but only time will tell
Should this ever change, please let us know in time?

Keandres wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:49 pm In what way can you guarantee that you won't flee again? I don't think Easy should be seen as a backup plan to gear you and provide progress when you want to seek higher up again.
Understandable comment Kean, as linked in the comment above, repeated hopping won't be allowed. This is the first time though and after our talk yesterday I trust in Blind that should a similar point ever potentially arise, that he will give us a chance to talk about it and maybe even work on a potential solution (this is a chance that we give everyone).

-

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
pandademon

Post by pandademon »

Under this acceptance of neph, should he not have to retrial for a raider rank? Shouldn't just be able to hop back into it like that.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

If you are willing to put your frustrations with the way we raid behind you, I'm happy to see you back.

It's inevitable that some players will want to seek new challenges, so it doesn't bother me if people leave to try elsewhere, but I think you maybe didn't handle this in the best way this time.

One thing. I'm very doubtful that Easy will change much. You should think extremely carefully about whether you can chill sufficiently to live with what you see as imperfections in our raidleaders and our progression. If not, I suspect Easy is not the place for you.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Blindndeadly

Post by Blindndeadly »

Erian wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:12 pm If you are willing to put your frustrations with the way we raid behind you, I'm happy to see you back.

It's inevitable that some players will want to seek new challenges, so it doesn't bother me if people leave to try elsewhere, but I think you maybe didn't handle this in the best way this time.

One thing. I'm very doubtful that Easy will change much. You should think extremely carefully about whether you can chill sufficiently to live with what you see as imperfections in our raidleaders and our progression. If not, I suspect Easy is not the place for you.
Indeed that was my mistake for not re-reading the "Leaving Easy" rule
Keandres wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:49 pm In what way can you guarantee that you won't flee again? I don't think Easy should be seen as a backup plan to gear you and provide progress when you want to seek higher up again.
I can't guarantee that a 100% Kean, but as i have told Neph i don't have any plans of leaving again anytime soon
"To entertain doubt is to dance with death"
pandademon

Post by pandademon »

Then my suggestion is any constructive suggestions be referred to /o and the interim EC, some of the previous issues may be resolved or atleast on the way to that.
Vaelar

Post by Vaelar »

Ok, so this gives a chance for a clean break, but before its confirmed in any way, here is my 27p...

I've been in the same guild as you for a decent amount of time, we were in Leftovers together, and joined Easy in the same recruitment window more or less and the one thing I am sure of is you have not changed at all in all the time I have known you. This is neither a good nor a bad thing for me as it means you are at least consistent, you drive to achieve more at a relentless pace, milk all content, drive the gear level as high as you can get it and often out-gear current content deliverable by a non-hardcore guild at twice the rate than others do. Again, this is neither good nor bad but it will always leave that gap, the gap between players like myself who value the relaxed pace of progression and does not see the guild rankings as a 'must have' thing whilst playing the game. I've mentioned this a few times but Easy's progression rate is almost identical to previous expansions and you would of had access to this data when you applied to Easy, we have of course attempted to drive this a bit more than usual but I will not be responsible for Blizzards Xmas release schedule.

I believe you have found issues with guild raid leading and progress so much because you are largely disruptive in raids and appear confrontational and in places arrogant, you supply no data to back up suggestions prior to raids beginning and often challenge any choice people make that might put you at disadvantage (this got better in SL by the way, in BFA your behaviour was awful).

I can only hope this experience has had somewhat of a humbling affect on you and if accepted, I hope you can acknowledge the grass is quite green in the Easy garden and being boosted to a curve isn't always as enjoyable as it seems, the enjoyment is in the struggle, the drive to improve and the ability to overcome the challenges we face together.

This all now being said, if accepted, I'll draw a sharpie line under the last few weeks and move on
Broken Guitar for sale, No strings attached.
Nephesh
GM [Retired]

Post by Nephesh »

pandademon wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:47 pm Then my suggestion is any constructive suggestions be referred to /o and the interim EC, some of the previous issues may be resolved or atleast on the way to that.
This indeed.
@All, for player improvement, please try to contact the EC+Officers, for any other guild related questions/comments/etc, please contact the officer team directly. thanks!

-

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi