Social members apply here!
Grindermage

Social/Back up Raider

Post by Grindermage » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:21 pm

What is your:

a) Name - My name is Ian Morgan-Smith

b) Age - 42

c) Location- Glasgow UK

Who do you know in Easy? How did you meet them?
I have been introduced to Easy initially pugging into your mythic raids. From there I have been invited into your Mythic Raids and I have also been fortunate to be invited to some fun events, including BRF Mythic and Mythic Siege of Ogrimmar. I have been introduced to most easy raiders during the raiding events.

What is your toon's:
a) Name : Grindermage
b) Race : Human
c) Class : Mage
d) Spec : Fire but now 'reluctantly' but with best intentions going Frost for progression
e) Preferred Role (Tank/Healer/DPS) DPS

Do you have any other characters (alts)? If so, tell us something about them please.
I have a few alts , with their main purpose to helps support professions.

How long have you played wow? How long have you played this character?
I have played WoW for around 6 years. Grindermage has been around since Cata and is my main. I kinda love the dude.

Why do you want to apply to Easy?
As many of you know I am a regular raider of Nocturnal. But due to the extended period of HFC expansion, many have simply got bored and no longer interested in raiding. Nocturnal relied on other guilds to help the numbers but unfortunately, the other guilds have their own raid nights organised now. I have spend some time invited to Easy raids and I have become fond of the mature, fun and very welcoming nature of everyone that I have met in the Easy guild so far. Easy has a nice community, friendly and still very active. I would like to be part of that.

Have you been in other guilds? Why are you no longer in these guilds?
Yes. I am currently in Nocturnal for around over a year now. Before that i was SNAFU (Mazrigos) they were a small family raiding guild unfortunately after MoP they lost interest and so i moved on. I was in Mazrigos Makers before that but didn't get much raiding from them

Have you raided before? Do you plan on raiding in the future? If yes, please give details. Yes - via Nocturna and SNAFU

Other comments:
I applied for social although I am also interested in raiding, but I accept most guilds cannot accept me as a regular raider.

I work in the Oil and Gas Industry offshore and during the busy time when the oil price was high, I would spend as much as six weeks away in one offshore trip. Usually during the beginning of expansion I would have to catch up on gear etc. But after work offshore I could be home for 1 week to 8 weeks. I would spend a lot of time online pugging into raids and catching up on gear. But I accept this is not perfect and for some guilds I can;t be a regular raider. This is why I have applied to 'social' I spend a lot of time otherwise in game and trying to make the most of it.

I am happy to be a social player but also happy to be a backup raider too. I am mature but fun and like the social interaction that I have received from easy. I would be interested in moving across if accepted and be a useful part of easy before the next expansion and onwards.

best wishes Ian

Nephesh
Officer

Re: Social/Back up Raider

Post by Nephesh » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:27 pm

Grinder!

Welcome and nice to see that you have an interest in raiding with us more. :)
Just a tiny questions. You are from Stormrage right? Any idea's on joining us on Lightbringer/Mazri? :)

Neph

-

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Keandres
Raid Leader

Post by Keandres » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:27 pm

You haven't be gone that much for the last months :P. Good luck with the application.

I can vouch for you 200%, always fun raiding with you :)

Grindermage

Post by Grindermage » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:38 pm

Hi Nepesh,

sure I would pay to move Grindermage (and Dandyshooter) to the server.

Kean,

Thanks for the kinds words am glad :)

Erian

Post by Erian » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:27 pm

I think you should apply as raider. You could probably improve a bit in numbers. Fire spec is just not possible in this xpac. Even so, Easy would allow you to play it if you wanted. (It was part of the founding message that you could play the spec you wanted to play. Even if it sucks.) You have been a welcome addition to some of our raids, and you're obviously someone who would fit socially.
Erian/Kempt
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.

Grindermage

Post by Grindermage » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:50 am

Thanks Erian,

Well I love fire but your right. It has been horrible for the expansion. Only a few bosses have I managed to shine through with the cleave. I am certainly ok with raiding as Frost. I see that I have not hit the Crit cap for Frost Mage so I don't have much to do to respec. Just improve on multistrike.

I can fill in the raiding form too if you wish. Just another consideration is that I am going to China for around 4 weeks on the 8th may for work. But it would be great to help out when i can and you want me. I am easy going no matter what you decide.

So cheeky question lol Can I transfer across lol ;)

Rotkwa
Officer

Post by Rotkwa » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:41 am

Yes you can :). Let us know in game when you're ready for invite, we'll set the details then.

Soraya

Post by Soraya » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:16 pm

How humble applying for social status when you are regularly raiding mythic with us! I am glad to see you on board, maybe consider a back-up status to raider status application when you are ready :) Welcome! :D

Grindermage

Post by Grindermage » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Hey Soraya,
I know what you mean and i feel great raiding with you guys. Once I get back from China ill apply for full status. In the meantime I like to help as best as I can, but I am sure the other mages will prefer the gear before myself.

BTW its been great raiding with you in the past both here and Nocturnal. Glad your around.

cheers
Grinder