[TERRACE of ENDLESS SPRING] - Tsulong

Strategies for ToES.
Emesis

Re: [TERRACE of ENDLESS SPRING] - Tsulong

Post by Emesis »

Fluttermouse wrote:How are we for healing on this fight? I wasn't assigned to any adds so actually went nuts on healing the boss during the day phase instead - I don't spot any Wednesday log (?) but I know I was stuffing about 15-20 million healing per fight if recount is to be believed and we were still nowhere near getting him healed up.

Is it that adds were still getting through (and I should really have been on adds instead), or just that nowhere near enough healing on Tsulong is going on? If I can pull 20mill healing in boomkin spec, surely proper healers assigned to boss should be doing somewhat more, yet I'm not convinced this was the case based on the rate the health was going up.

PS, what's the cd on the sybiosis for locks like? Have to admit I was shoving mine on one of those to give rejuvenation - equally they're not going to get that much healing on boss by using it but I think it's still an instant cast hot.
I saw those adds coming through all the time, that's the biggest issue as far as I know. IMO dps should focus on dps. (Except maybe for those 5 seconds after breath, but I guess you are busy with the mentioned adds at that time). Healing usually isn't the issue in Easy raids, and I dont think it is this time either.
Fluttermouse

Post by Fluttermouse »

And another thought on the dps side of things. Is there any reason (some debuff or something) why ranged dps shouldn't be stacked pretty much on top of each other in the night phase that I missed? A number of times I got caught by the nightmares because 3 people near me (i.e. 8-10 yards away) created a triangle of overlapping circles of which I became the centre and effectively had too far to get completely clear of all.

I noticed that the nightmares spawn just before you reach the recommended 9 stacks - is it possible to have ranged stack on top of each other and move as a group? i.e. ranged stack, nightmares form directly under the group then you all run away from them through the sunbeam (and pretty much rinse and repeat). (might also help the healers on this phase, saving more mana for boss healing?)
Rotkwa

Post by Rotkwa »

I was under impression adds went through due to dead dps. I was on red with Cengo and Flexie and had time to spare to help the neighbors.
Flexie

Post by Flexie »

Fluttermouse wrote:And another thought on the dps side of things. Is there any reason (some debuff or something) why ranged dps shouldn't be stacked pretty much on top of each other in the night phase that I missed? A number of times I got caught by the nightmares because 3 people near me (i.e. 8-10 yards away) created a triangle of overlapping circles of which I became the centre and effectively had too far to get completely clear of all.

I noticed that the nightmares spawn just before you reach the recommended 9 stacks - is it possible to have ranged stack on top of each other and move as a group? i.e. ranged stack, nightmares form directly under the group then you all run away from them through the sunbeam (and pretty much rinse and repeat). (might also help the healers on this phase, saving more mana for boss healing?)
We're already lacking dps in night phase, making ranged move more isn't going to help it.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

healing seems fine, we are getting close.

Dispelling (raid) could probably do with more targeted organization; ffa doesn't work for me. This is partly because I need to cancel long heals to dispel, and partly because having done so I found myself dispelling just after someone has already dispelled, so I lose the dispel CD, I waste the mana, and I lose the big heal on a boss. Syrah seemed to be fine as the only boss dispeller. When we were doing it together, her's was mostly landing before mine.

For holy, switching stances (chakra) each night/day switch is a bit crappy.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Fluttermouse wrote:I noticed that the nightmares spawn just before you reach the recommended 9 stacks
Just coincidence and you don't have to wait until you get to 9 stacks to clear.

The Nightmares are on a timer and is very accurately covered by DBM, I always clear stacks mid timer and move away, therefore no issue of me dropping nightmares on/near the beam.

Why people are running to the beam to clear stacks 2 seconds before the Nightmares drop is beyond me.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

Erian wrote:healing seems fine, we are getting close.

Dispelling (raid) could probably do with more targeted organization; ffa doesn't work for me. This is partly because I need to cancel long heals to dispel, and partly because having done so I found myself dispelling just after someone has already dispelled, so I lose the dispel CD, I waste the mana, and I lose the big heal on a boss. Syrah seemed to be fine as the only boss dispeller. When we were doing it together, her's was mostly landing before mine.

For holy, switching stances (chakra) each night/day switch is a bit crappy.
Dispel doesn't trigget if there's nothing to dispel, so if you're late - nothing happens. No lost mana, no gcd triggered, you just Move to the next person and dispel again.
We do need to work those dispels better, cause even if healing looks fine, we're losing people to bad rng - a debuff+unstable sha bolt will sniper people out.

Once again, I need to remind melee who are on Unstable sha duty and run out of range to nuke them down, you need to be especially careful of your debuffs and run back in when you get it. It's for your own survivability, so please, healers can't Move from the middle.
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

No lost mana, no gcd triggered, you just Move to the next person and dispel again.
I'm pretty sure it does cost mana and a GCD, but it doesn't incur the 8ish second CD you get if the dispel had landed.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Afaik you lose the gcd, and of course as I pointed out I may be cancelling the greater heal (2+ second cast). This is so with or without the glyph.

With the glyph (which I used, of course, but that may have been not the right thing to do), it also heals the target for 3% of health. That sounds good for Tsulong of course (though Blizz gimped the 3% for Tsulong). Therefore with the glyph, the heal definitely lands even if there was nothing to dispel. I am not sure whether the fact of the heal landing then triggers the 8sec CD or the mana usage, but I think it does. Otherwise it would be a free 3% heal. Not sure about this, difficult to find info - and I can't find the source I was using :(

All of which makes me think that the glyph is maybe not the best option unless I'm the only one dispelling Tsulong.

I'll check these things when I'm online, but that won't be till Thursday :(
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

Hm.. need to check it then, cause from yesterday's experience if someone managed to dispel before me I just dispelled someone else asap, and I didn't notice the GCD. I was pretty sure you can't cast dispel on someone if he doesn't have any debuffs.

My reason for initially assigning Erian and Syrah for boss dispelling was because of the glyph. Need to check the logs how much hp did it give to the boss. If it works, we probably should stick to priests doing the dispelling on the boss.

Anyway, the debuff lasts 8 seconds, so there's no reason not to dispel, even after 2 s. You don't have to interrupt the cast, but please do dispel right after it.