ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Giruy

Re: [TERRACE of ENDLESS SPRING] - Tsulong

Post by Giruy »

Video was posted 26/11/2012:

Night Phase:

Just as a rough dps measurement the video shows the boss health at the 1st transition at 59%. Would be interesting to gauge how close we are to that.

Day Phase:

Looks like everyone is is standing in front of the boss to get the the energy/mana/rage reset on the breath, we would have to be careful that the adds at the back of the boss are taken down quickly though.

I'm sure they are already but all healers need to be stood in front of the boss throughout this phase whether your on the boss or not.

Doesn't look like they paid all that much attention to how close the little adds that spawn from the big add got to the boss, looks like their primary function is to fear rather than doing damage to the boss.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

Any log from last nights attempts?
Flexie

Post by Flexie »

None was taken sadly. As for the hp question, I seem to recall him being slightly above 70%.
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

Prowling through my reader this morning, I came across this post. Yes its resto druid specific, and I'm pretty sure Syrah has seen it, but there are a few things to note:
Tsulong

After Protectors, this is much more exciting to heal. This is a 2 phase fight where you alternate between killing Tsulong and healing him.

During night phase, the tanks take moderate damage and the raid takes constant, low-level damage. There is a constantly stacking debuff, which causes people to take more damage. The only way to clear the debuff if to stand in the Sunbeam which spawns throughout the phase for a couple of seconds. People should be aiming to clear their stacks when they get to around 8-10. There is also an ability called Nightmare on this fight, which makes it a good idea to have the ranged spread out a little bit. Nightmare creates a circle on the ground which you can run out of and Tsulong’s Breath should be pointed away from the raid. Don’t go in the Sunbeam to clear your stacks when Nightmare is about to happen or you risk having it spawn in the Sunbeam. Besides the constantly ticking damage, most damage is avoidable. A couple of tricks I use for this phase are to target WG on Tsulong so it can reach anyone, and to use Swiftmend on someone who is standing in the Sunbeam, so anyone who runs in there will get some heals.

During day phase, Tsulong becomes friendly and he becomes the primary healing target. If you are healing Tsulong, keep LB and Rejuv rolling on him along with a steady stream of Regrowths. Cast WG on him when people in the raid are also taking damage. One of the most important things during this phase is to dispel Tsulong ASAP. When an Embodied Terror spawns he will cast a debuff (Terrorize) on both Tsulong and random raiders which will damage them for 10% of their health every second. Make sure you have at least 1 person, and a backup, assigned to dispel Tsulong. The other healers should be dispelling the raiders who get debuffed. Every 30 seconds Tsulong will do a Sun Breath that will buff anyone standing in it. The buff returns 20% of your mana pool and increases your healing done by 200% for 6 seconds. Make sure you are prepped to do the most healing when you get this buff. Spells to use: NS + HT, apply a fresh RJ, Swiftmend, Wild Growth. You should also be using Tranquility for one of the 4 Breaths. Also assign heal increasing cooldowns like Guardian Spirit and Life Cocoon to happen immediately after a Breath. Of course, since the raid is dealing with adds, someone needs to do the much less glamorous job of keeping them alive – it’s usually me When healing the raid I still keep LB on Tsulong and use him as my WG target, but the tanks and other raiders need to be spot-healed throughout the phase. Even if you’re on the raid, make sure you’re in front of Tsulong before he Breathes.

When Tsulong transitions between phases, have people Purge/Dispel him so buffs/debuffs don’t linger.

Talents

Level 60 – I’d take Incarnation so you can more easily heal both Tsulong and an add tank at once during day phase.

Level 90 – Nature’s Vigil so you can use it during the day phases.

Symbiosis

I’ll generally use it on a tank or a Monk.

Cooldowns

Tranquility – I like to use this early on during first night phase, then again on one of the later Breaths in day phase.

Ironbark – I find that sometimes the tanks don’t get to clear their debuffs before they swap. I use Ironbark when I notice a tank has 15+ stacks while tanking the dragon.

Incarnation / Nature’s Vigil – If you have these, make sure they’re up for day phase while you will be affected by breath.
Dispels/purges on Tsulong post phase change are things the WHOLE RAID can help with, dont just leave it up to the healers, they are busy enough in this fight.
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

Yep, this is what i said towards the end, Mages (amd anyone else... with equivalent) needed to be on Spellsteal ('Other' [?]) to pull off the volume of HoTs and buffs ticking away on Tsulong.

Still wondering whether we'd get any mileage out of using Symbiosis on a Mage or two (assuming DPS on adds in Phase 2 is under control). I'll see if a friendly LFR Druid Pug will buff me and I'll feed back on what heals i can pull.
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

1 basic heal every 10 seconds probably won't make or break this encounter Rubs :)

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Flexie

Post by Flexie »

While ago, when we were still progressing on Feng I did end up with Healing Touch a few times; it was healing me for roughly 60-70k if memory serves. That coupled with the fact that it has a rather long cd (10s?) makes using symbiosis on mage a complete waste of resources.

In fact:
Healing Touch
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

Well, I've tested it and its officially junk. As Fung just pointed out, the Healing Touch a Mage gets is on a 10 sec CD. In an LFR environment where i could get off heals every 10 secs as the DPS on adds was OK, I only pulled 500k heals in the space of the day phase. As we have only one day phase before enrage I really don't see this as viable. Glad i tested, sorry I was foolish in thinking it had any mileage.

:oops:
Fluttermouse

Post by Fluttermouse »

How are we for healing on this fight? I wasn't assigned to any adds so actually went nuts on healing the boss during the day phase instead - I don't spot any Wednesday log (?) but I know I was stuffing about 15-20 million healing per fight if recount is to be believed and we were still nowhere near getting him healed up.

Is it that adds were still getting through (and I should really have been on adds instead), or just that nowhere near enough healing on Tsulong is going on? If I can pull 20mill healing in boomkin spec, surely proper healers assigned to boss should be doing somewhat more, yet I'm not convinced this was the case based on the rate the health was going up.

PS, what's the cd on the sybiosis for locks like? Have to admit I was shoving mine on one of those to give rejuvenation - equally they're not going to get that much healing on boss by using it but I think it's still an instant cast hot.