Post by Tan »

ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Rublupine

Re: [TERRACE of ENDLESS SPRING] - Lei Shi

Post by Rublupine »

A few things to note ahead of tonight's try:

1 - Hero is saved for last 20% as Lei Shi has a staking Haste debuff Need to time Hero to use straight after one of the specials

2 - During Hide, if Hunter's have their pet on aggressive the pet will run to Lei Shi as soon as an aoe hits her, we spam aoe and follow the animals!

3 - During the water cascade we need to keep moving forwards (allowing the push back to move you you away will allow you to take damage) For some classes some movement backwards will be unavoidable. People should use CD's to avoid taking stupid damage

4 - The duration of the water cascade is dependent on damage taken (4% of starting health), so the moar DPS we do here the quicker it ends.

5 - Tank switching. Needs to be crisp, there a chance you can add to each others debuff stack if you get within to close a range of each other Also need to time the switch for when the adds are summoned.

What else have people spotted?
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Tank switching shouldn't be too much of a problem if the tanks position themselves 90 degrees from one another as shown in the diagram. What concerns me is the picking up of the adds since they spawn all over the room usually quite far apart and will easily one shot a clothie. On the spawn of adds the OT (tank with no stacks of debuff at that moment) should taunt the boss, all the healers and DPS should be stacked behind the boss (where the lightning bolt is) and the tank that was previously tanking the boss should stack with them and AOE to get aggro on all the adds. Tricks and MD's will help immensely here you want the tank to get aggro instantly then be able to quickly cycle through the adds to the skull or to mark up the skull themselves for nuking. Hopefully the add goes down before tanks have to switch again.

I realise that each time she does 'Hide' she will spawn somewhere randomly in the room people should not feel like they should spread all over at this point they should just return to the formation shown in the diagram where ever we happen to end up on the platform, or tanks could mover her back to the center if this doesn't cause too much of a dps loss. On the try where we got her to around 25% just before we wiped, the last spawn of adds instead of 3 she spawned 5 ? (sorry haven't watched the video just dived right in with my ideas here).
Tan

Post by Tan »

Yes, 3 adds when Lei is at 80% and 60%, 5 adds when she is at 40% and 20%.
They are CC-able though as elementals. So any CC on all the adds, except for the skull, is helpful.
ImageImage
Tan

Post by Tan »

I assigned 2 steady aoe D for each corner to get Lei out of hiding. Went quick enough.
I know other D or even H have aoe but they can aoe FFA.
Keep Lei at where she spawns and tank her there.

Key is to taunt right before the adds spawn too. I put up a raid marker (X) where everyone should stack so the freshly relieved T can taunt them all. This at 81%, 61%, 41% and 21%.
ImageImage
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Also good cc and mage frost circles helps on the adds.
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Trapped quite a few in last night, and subsequently broken, AoE is bad mkay :evil:
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Yep, there's absolutely no reason for AoE on this fight apart from during hide. The Animated Protectors should not have been hit by any AoE. As it goes...

4 Flamestrike hits (31 ticks)
15 Chain lightning hits
10 Starfall hits
20 Chi wave hits
8 Multi shot hits
5 Flying serpent kick hits
9 Fire Nova hits

I could go on. You know who you are, stop it!
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Adjoint

Post by Adjoint »

Starfall is part of my single target rotation (if more than one add are up it gives me better chance to proc on crit). This could easily be true for aoe abilities of other classes.
Tan

Post by Tan »

LOL busted.
Nice find Fagan :lol:
ImageImage