[TERRACE of ENDLESS SPRING] - Sha of Fear

Strategies for ToES.
Erian
Raid Leader

Re: [TERRACE of ENDLESS SPRING] - Sha of Fear

Post by Erian »

Sarri wrote:Thought: dps focus on pew pew blowing CDs on platforms, healers pick up first few orbs, once tank has threat they can chase orbs too, less for healer to heal/easier for healer to control damage. Dps only grabs orbs that are very close to them.

Discuss.
... not the post a H would make ;)

My first concern on getting to a platform is to stabilise team HP. After that, I'll start paying attention to mechanics.

Presumably other H noticed that you can cast instants in flight, so hots; PoM; CoH; ES, etc. This helps on getting the team to the platform in good shape. Palas might be screwed here, otherwise beacon should be great for platform healing.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

Presumably other H noticed that you can cast instants in flight, so hots; PoM; CoH; ES, etc.
yep - very important too.
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

Just keep in mind that picking up balls replenishes your mana.
So no real reason to go oom.
Not a problem compared to bringing everyone home alive.
Tan

Post by Tan »

ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

It seems logs for Sha are useless, all 3 are very different so the platforms outrange the log.

Summary of tonight.

All dps on adds then boss
Tanks take orbs unless they are really close to the dps or the healers need them.
We just need to stay alive and he's dead.
If it's looking good and not too many adds about I'd say pop hero again at 10% and all nuke boss. If someone comes back from a platform and can pop another Hero, then we do so. Try and get as much benefit from it as possible.
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Flexie

Post by Flexie »

Perhaps it would be an idea to have people returning from the platforms nuke the boss while their Fearless buff is active? 60% increased damage is quite a lot.
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

Flexie wrote:Perhaps it would be an idea to have people returning from the platforms nuke the boss while their Fearless buff is active? 60% increased damage is quite a lot.
I was advised to get a cycle of dots on the boss, then kill adds. I did notice the fearless ppl really helped to keep the adds under control.
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

I discussed that very thing with Lir after the raid last night. The fearless buff really does help clear up adds (as you don't get affected by the fear, so can stay out). If we focus too much on the boss then we will be overrun. We only hit enrage last night because of deaths. I'd rather have the adds down quicker, the raid taking less damage and everyone able to get on the boss quicker, so we can possibly ignore the adds when Sha is low and go all out.

And we need to learn not to panic when the kill gets close (so no calling out enrage timers, we all have DBM and no one other than the raid leader making 'all on boss' calls). Panic = silly deaths = lose.

And also, anyone who can hit on the run (most melee, etc), when you run from the adds to the centre and then over to the other side, start hitting the boss asap, his hit box is pretty large. I saw a few people running near the boss and not attacking.

It almost got into a rotation at the start for me, nuke boss - get rupture rolling on boss - nuke first add - run to centre while nuking boss and get rupture rolling again - run to next add (rinse and repeat).
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Sarri

Post by Sarri »

Yep I did that too. Put a set of dots on boss inbetween running in for fears and out to adds. Worked nicely until I got taken out on the platform. :evil: