[HEART OF FEAR] - Blade Lord Ta'yak

Strategies for HoF.
Erian
Raid Leader

Re: [HEART OF FEAR] - Blade Lord Ta'yak

Post by Erian »

Caireann wrote:All of my reasons get into account unlucky tornado placement, hence the additional movement, hence the mark doesn't have to be where the boss is, etc.
I guess my view can be summarized in the statement: there is no such thing as unlucky tornado placement, only tornados badly placed because dps were where they should not have been, or because tanks did not move the boss far enough forward.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Nihil

Post by Nihil »

Accidents happen. It may happen that on a perfect try someone will put an unlucky tornado in the melee, confusing everyone as to where exactly stack and how to get there. Mark on a single melee is not only taking into account this lack of luck, but is also clearer (nobody will lose count when you have only one marker to stand on), gives more room to tanks to move boss without worrying that they had to pull him further away than next marker they were supposed to stand on.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

There are no 'unlucky tornado in the melee', just poor play to place them there.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

I don't know how to write this even more clear.... but they are "unlucky tornados" ... How should I put it? We had 15 ranged yesterday, and there is a limited space in the alcove where we start. Believe it or not, but we spread in more than one row there - those exactly at the walls and the next row a bit closer, like a hmm... zig-zag thingy, right? In a kind of a U-shape up to the line of the tanks.

So, there can be "unlucky" tornados that will spawn on the ranged that are closer to melee, cutting off those that are standing further, making it harder to run to the melee.
There can be a situation where only ranged on both sides get tornados, and noone from the back does, thus leaving us with less space closer to the boss and the direction where we're moving, and so on.
That is why it's essential to me that we have the possibility of moving the boss when there's a specific need for it.

I really did take everything into consideration, and honestly I'm at loss at why it's such a big problem to have the melee marked when it obviously works, regardless of someone's poor play or not.
You can't predict everything on this fight, and I'd rather have a moving mark just in case.

That's it.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

It's a friendly discussion of course, not an argument ;)

The shame is, a lot of our members won't be bothering to read this.
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

But I hope it's at its end, cause I don't know if I can explore it even further... :P

Anyway, we probably should decide on a method - I know Moolly did the thing you mentioned Erian, and I have my own approach, but it's probably best if we just decide within the RL team which version should be stick to, given pros and cons of each one.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Certainly the RL should decide which approach she likes best and the guild curmudgeons should just grumble quietly into their beards :P
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Erian wrote:Certainly the RL should decide which approach she likes best and the guild curmudgeons should just grumble quietly into their beards :P
I'll have to borrow a dress from Mehe then..... ;) :lol:
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Right, almost there but still some work to do..

1. People need to be faster stacking up for Unseen Strike.

2. People need to be able to avoid the tornadoes in p2 and use personal defensive CD's/healthstones/self heals to stay alive (most classes have them). Don't rely on the healers to keep you alive, they have to run too.

As for tactics: at 12% all but 3 mages (or other classes without a decent speed boost) and a healer stay with the boss and everyone else runs back to the other side. You can use the sides to get a speed boost down there and avoid tornadoes at the same time.

If people stay alive the kill will be easy.
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Fungi

Post by Fungi »

Yeaa... I have a question about that. Why are the guys without a speedboost staying behind? I mean.. you're running with the wind, so you'll be on the other side in no time anyway... wouldn't it be wiser to keep people that have a speedboost behind, cause these actually have a chance to make it across for a 2nd time aswell ?

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.