Post by Tan »

ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Tan

Re: [HEART OF FEAR] - Garalon

Post by Tan »

Right.

At start, all Mdps start on one hind leg. When that is down, take the next leg anti-clockwise.
All Rdps start on a marked front leg, when that is down, focus on boss himself.
Hero at start, when boss is moving stable.
Healer saves for every crush (everytime 2 kiters switch out at 20 stacks).

You'll need about 6-8 kiters.

We got him till about 63% in a chicken-without-head-runabout.
When the movement of the boss is more familiar, it should be less whattheFamidoing.
ImageImage
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

Kiters ... I mentioned this yesterday after the raid, but I said I'd post it up on the forums aswell. It might be nice to switch the orders of kiters around somewhat on a daily basis. This means that Elunara won't always be the one pulling and Cengo won't always be 6th in line. Reason for this is that Cengo gets almost no practise while Elu gets to kite every try. If we want to spread the 'how to kite the bad bug' thing, we should have different toons with experience on this.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Moolly

Post by Moolly »

I would like to try this how they are describing it with the melee on the legs and the ranged staying in the middle hitting the boss. Obviously the ranged can take out one of the legs at the start to help slow him. But then having the ranged in the middle with only the kiters running out should help with the healing.

What do you think?

Moolls
Tan

Post by Tan »

Can I have more detail than this pls? What strats did you follow?
ImageImage
Nihil

Post by Nihil »

Ranged: kill front left/then right leg, then focus on boss until leg grows back. Nuke the leg ranged MA chooses, then go back to the boss.
Melee: kill both hind legs, focus on boss until they grow back, nuke them asap when they do.

Few of the ranged were running with melee (hunters, i think) to get the dps boost. Wasnt mandatory tho.

Pheromones were stacked to 20, then passed on to another kiter. Boss was kited anti-clockwise.

Thats pretty much it.
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

I like the way the priest(?) in the guide vid was kiting. I want to try that, seems to make it way more stable on boss movement. Ofc that means its imperative to get out ahead of the cleave asap...
Yca

Post by Yca »

I had an idea guys. I'm sure you've toyed with it before but I thought about throwing it into open discussion. Why not try having a healer or two in the group of kiters?

As I kiter healer I seemed to have been in range of the tanks most of the time, and if not the tanks at least some raid members, so we could throw heals on others quite well when the dmg isn't high on Pheromones. Also, I think it would be beneficial for the dps because they could focus on the boss more, without having to worry about range and movement. Maybe start off with two or three healers as kiters, then have the dps move in place, while one of the healers focuses on the dps kiter (maybe 1 - 2 locks specced for heavy dotting? I know nothing of warlocks so please correct me if that wouldn't work)?

Edit: Oh and ofc consider me as one of the kiters if we will consider this alternative :D
Bravebeard

Post by Bravebeard »

1. Gz on yesterday.

2. I presume we now have an "established strat" as he is down. If so, just so I know for the future, were hunters allowed to stand in the dps circles and do proper dps or did we hang around the middle?

3. In case we are still refining our strat I would propose that everyone who is comfortable moving and dpsing focus on legs at all times and the kiting would be done by dps who is not comfortable staying on legs and perhaps a healer or two. On the other hand perhaps I'm missing something. (I'm assuming enrage is still an issue)
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

We are still refining, but here's the state of play at the moment:

Ranged start in the glowy corner near the tanks so they can pretty much stay still for a while then move between 3 raid markers in a triangle in the middle of the area, so the healers can keep them up.

All available Hunters on kiting and Yca seemed to manage it fine too, so resto druids should be good for that role. Hunters and any ranged who feel comfortable can DPS the legs.

Melee can be pretty much left to their own devices, they know what they are doing. Combat Rogues are VERY useful for once and make sure anyone who can cleave, does. Only issue we had with melee was a lack of healers, so maybe we need someone to follow them (any H who can handle some movement). It is teaching us to use any defensive CD's tho (which rogues have many thankfully).

As for the pink leg:
Nihil wrote: Anyways, from my perspective, it seemed like the melee died a lot when they moved to the diamond leg (the leg thats is usually out of range for ranged, and healers). Dont know if it was a tendency for the night or only for when i was looking :) I believe we should try leaving this leg, instead focusing on the three that are closer (and easier) to reach, and the time used on dpsing the diamond use to scratch the boss more :)
And we might beat the timer! Unless, of course, Im missing something ;)
I started with ranged and dps'ed that leg. If possible I'd put one combat rogue in charge of that leg as we have high dmg on it and good survivability and many speed boosts, melee can focus on the other 3 legs and then won't be running as far (so easier to heal).
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'