[HEART OF FEAR] - Wind Lord Mel'jarak

Strategies for HoF.
Tan

Re: [HEART OF FEAR] - Wind Lord Mel'jarak

Post by Tan »

Erian wrote: Tank deaths - too many, don't know why. Something for tanks and their healers to figure out.
I think i can help with that. Until now we've been deciding on the spot which T takes on which adds and then taunting whatever (i'm guilty of this). They need to be divided in a balanced way so that no T takes the largest hunk of dmg.

I suggest:
T1: Boss + 2 Menders (marked skull + cross) --> easy to keep track on in that mass of moving bugs
T2: rest of adds (1 Trapper, 2 Blademasters)

When Menders are down:
T1: Boss + whatever is marked with an icon
T2: all the unmarked adds

There's been taunting wars and retauntings where there shouldn't have been. So let's stick to our designated adds to keep the dmg even.
Also using CD's at start of the fight when most of the dmg occurs, but i think we've all been doing that already...

A tank dying in ph2 is still not advisable but it's not a catastrophe.

Also:
there's been confusion about whether to re-CC adds when they go loose or not. Should be made clear by the RL from the start.
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

An interesting twist of tactics I read somewhere was :

- In phase 2 we group up on our healers (I assume this is 2 groups then - Fungi), cause single target healing seems to not work for us. This way healers manage to cope better. Important is that we spread out immediately after to avoid being mass decapitated by the whirling blade of blown to smithereens by the wind bombs.

Not sure if this tactic can be viable for us, since it will not improve the dps of the people that wouldnt have died otherwise. However, if it keeps people from dying, overall dps should probably go up.

Re-CCing adds seems like a given to me, since if they are in CC, they cannot put people in amber prisons.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

I would not stack in P2, just makes bombs harder to see and increases the damage from the first pass of whirling blade. I'd probably mark a couple of spots for ranged H and then tell ranged dps by group to be within range of their given H. Note that H need to stand between ranged and melee, for raid saves to reach all.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

I assume the group up is only for the rain of blades. Since bombs aren't cast during this period and you spread immediately after again, visibility of bombs shouldn't be an issue. Chance of detonating a bomb will be bigger though, since there's more movement required.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Posts I've read suggest melee can avoid whirling blades by paying attention to when it's coming and moving from one arm to the other.

Question: we are interrupting menders?
Tan

Post by Tan »

*picks up excel sheet from yesterday*
Raha and Galth were interrupting both Menders yesterday.
ImageImage
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

/targetself
/cast spank
/cast pay_more_attention_to_dps
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

Proposal: Use heroism in p1 instead of p2.

Reasoning:
+ We are tight on dps for this fight and hit enrage. If we blow heroism in p1, we get rid of the stuff that dampens our dps (amber prison, dispelling, interrupting) sooner and should net us an overall dps increase.
- We will be in p2 longer (since no heroism during this phase) and will have to deal with wind bombs and the healing problems in this phase longer.

Any ideas on this ?

A.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Fungi wrote:Proposal: Use heroism in p1 instead of p2.

Reasoning:
+ We are tight on dps for this fight and hit enrage. If we blow heroism in p1, we get rid of the stuff that dampens our dps (amber prison, dispelling, interrupting) sooner and should net us an overall dps increase.
- We will be in p2 longer (since no heroism during this phase) and will have to deal with wind bombs and the healing problems in this phase longer.

Any ideas on this ?

A.
I agree.

P2 is just a simple long burn phase with everyone just trying to avoid simple mechanics.

P1 is key to this fight with larger benefits in getting the adds down quicker, on average we enter P2 with the boss at approx. 85% health and need to be out at the 4 min mark or faster for us to have enough dps time in P2.

Anecdotally (waiting on logs so I can review), it appeared that yesterday's raid was taking approx 40 sec to 1 min longer to get into P2 than we did on Thursday. We got better as the night wore on but I don't think we troubled the boss too much.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Tan

Post by Tan »

No log G, mine got back with an error...
Also keep in mind that disc priests are pretty op in this fight and we had ours change into dps to fill numbers... Not ideal.
ImageImage