[HEART OF FEAR] - Amber-Shaper Un'sok

Strategies for HoF.
Tan

Re: [HEART OF FEAR] - Amber-Shaper Un'sok

Post by Tan »

Sorry for it being small, copied it from another (bad res) pic on the web.
This person used the first button 2secs ago, still 4secs left on cd (looks like a lobster's claw).
And his health is still >20%, as you can see, button4 is still greyed out.
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Tan

Post by Tan »

Ok, so what do we have so far.

On slimes: all dotters + hunters, KEEP THEM APART
On constructs-to-kill-asap: all Mdps + rest of Rdps?

I like seeing the H-channel so busy :)
ImageImage
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

Most of it was talking about yoghurt iirc.
Flexie

Post by Flexie »

So, once we stop blowing each other up, we will need to move on to the important mechanic of this fight - stacking up the Destabilize debuff, which is applied by the constructed people. To this end, we really need to stop forcing people to leave the suits earlier than they would otherwise need to. Also, I'm getting the feeling we won't really need that many puddles for p3 as he seems to go down fairly quicky. Provided we get a nice stack going.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Flexie wrote:So, once we stop blowing each other up, we will need to move on to the important mechanic of this fight - stacking up the Destabilize debuff, which is applied by the constructed people. To this end, we really need to stop forcing people to leave the suits earlier than they would otherwise need to. Also, I'm getting the feeling we won't really need that many puddles for p3 as he seems to go down fairly quicky. Provided we get a nice stack going.
Also, I suspect that people may also be mistakenly hitting the boss in P2 rather than the add.

The spell stacks (no cap apparently) so we could in theory get out of P2 quickly if we let people stay in, only downside is that we then have more people running around capable of blowing us up.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Tan

Post by Tan »

Giruy wrote:Also, I suspect that people may also be mistakenly hitting the boss in P2 rather than the add.
I'm pretty sure of this. I too mistakenly thought on our first tries, i had to keep up stacks on the boss in P2, until i realised again that the boss takes 99% reduced dmg.

Once in P2, all those in Constructs need to hit the Banana, NOT the boss. Same goes for D btw. Something to stress out again at the start of the raid.
ImageImage
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

the GIANT WARNING IN DBM saying SWITCH TARGETS might be a hint for the dps btw :P

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Tan

Post by Tan »

*cough*
There were still D hitting the boss in P2 till the end of raid.
*cough*
ImageImage
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Nice to know people read strats and watched the videos before fighting a boss as usual.... Can we insta numpty all those who nuked the boss and not the massive add?
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Divergence

Post by Divergence »

Some things I think can help a bit more on this boss from a melee POV.
1. can the tanks on P1 come and stand on the boss or behind him( where melee usually are) when they are turned into constructs?
this will make it easier to switch from boss to construct ( last night yca and tan mostly stood a few feet infront of the boss) because as a melee I needed to stop dps on boss, move to them then get back behind the boss for more dpsing.
2. Can we assign a fixed place for constructs to come to on P2? I mean something like all players who are made constructs need to come to the boss right leg (the big Banana boss that is), this way we melee wont lose so much time and dps searching for the new construct not to mention that this way we continue hitting both the construct and the big banana which will make things shorter.
this can also help with healing.

some general notes - the interrupts CD is 6sec, the cast time is 2.5 or 3 sec (both the construct and the boss) so this gives u only a 3 sec window to mess things up, meaning that usually u can stack a few hits on the boss without just sitting on your will power w8ing for the boss or yourself to start casting.