Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Tan

Re: [HEART OF FEAR] - Amber-Shaper Un'sok

Post by Tan »

BUMP!

Quick sheet:

Ph1:
Drop Amber Scalpel puddles at edge -> kill spawned slimes (they were chasing and killing off our healers)
Killed slime leaves Burning Amber Puddle
Minimal heals (or heal only after 20secs) on players with Parasitic Growth debuff (=30secs)
Only tanks are transformed
Kill Tank Construct till 20% so he can exit asap

Ph2 @70%:
Kill big yellow add
Taunt when Tank gets thrown
Kill Constructs till they're <20% (so they can exit safely if necessary)

Ph3 when Big add is dead:
Dps boss
Leave Constructs alive (unless it's a healer!)
Hero maybe?

When you turn into a CONSTRUCT (=vehicle):
Keep your Will Power up, when Will Power =0, you're DEAD
4 buttons:
1= Attack boss + Interrupt Amber Explosion on Big add + add stack of Destabilize on boss
2= Interrupt own Amber Explosion !!! (watch your own bar!)
3= Drink from puddles to get Will Power up
4= Exit vehicle when Will Power is almost 0 (you can only exit if health < 20% !!)
ImageImage
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

http://icy-veins.com/amber-shaper-un-so ... rategy-wow ... especially read chapter 4, which is about controlling your construct :)

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Tan

Post by Tan »

Yesterday there was the suggestion of everyone being chased by a slime, to drag the slime to the boss (+T+Mdps).
Reading the description of the slime, it might not be a good idea:

"Living Amber adds fixate on random raid members, dealing low amounts of damage through melee attacks. Moreover, the adds deal a small amount of raid-wide damage every second. Finally, whenever a Living Amber is killed, it deals a large amount of damage to all players within 8 yards of it, and heals all other Living Ambers within 8 yards for 40% of their maximum health. Whenever a Living Ember dies, it leaves behind a damaging void zone, called a Burning Amber. The Burning Amber void zones remain on the floor indefinitely, unless consumed by the Mutated Construct."

Unless it's being dragged away asap when it's about to die...
ImageImage
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Tan wrote:Yesterday there was the suggestion of everyone being chased by a slime, to drag the slime to the boss (+T+Mdps).
Reading the description of the slime, it might not be a good idea:

"Living Amber adds fixate on random raid members, dealing low amounts of damage through melee attacks. Moreover, the adds deal a small amount of raid-wide damage every second. Finally, whenever a Living Amber is killed, it deals a large amount of damage to all players within 8 yards of it, and heals all other Living Ambers within 8 yards for 40% of their maximum health. Whenever a Living Ember dies, it leaves behind a damaging void zone, called a Burning Amber. The Burning Amber void zones remain on the floor indefinitely, unless consumed by the Mutated Construct."

Unless it's being dragged away asap when it's about to die...
:shock: Yep, definitely not a good idea, my bad for suggesting it. LFR has a lot to answer for :)
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Tan

Post by Tan »

Screenie of how my UI looks like while in Construct form:

Pink = health bar (default)
Blue = mana bar (default)
Half Orange bar = own casting bar (default) where i still have 1,6 secs left to interrupt myself
Grey bar = my Will Power (new), which is also in the default dbm box, this will slowly deplete

When your own explosion comes, dbm will count down from 5 to 1, THEN the cast bar will cast for about 3secs.

I'm using Shadowed UF for my frames.

I see now that there is a big arty fartsy golden bar in the background aswell, showing Will Power, don't know though if it's dbm. Never saw it before i studied the screenie :p
ImageImage
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Looks absolutely nothing like what I saw, which was standard vehicle type buttons.

It's possible the gold bar was obscured on my screen, that's what I really wanted to see.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

I noticed a willpower bar at the point where my specialbutton usually is. So.. the button you use to throw harpoons at the previous boss... which you use to cast the damage reduction cooldown on Deathwing ... which you use to swipe away minions on the 2nd boss in Stormstout Brewery ... that spot :)

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

Can you show the spell buttons for the vehicle? That would be a bit more relevant to most of us than this I think :?
Nihil

Post by Nihil »

Buttons look exactly the same as in any other vehicle. Placing is where your ui puts them.

http://www.icy-veins.com/amber-shaper-u ... rategy-wow
Point 4.2

Button 1 - Amber Strike - 6 sec cd, no willpower costs. You want to use it as often as possible while also making sure that you have it off cd when boss starts casting the explosion, as it acts as an interrupt for it.
Stacks a nice debuff that you want to keep up on Monstrosity.

Button 2 - Struggle for Control - 6 sec. cd, willpower cost. The important thing to remember is that dbm is giving you a vocal countdown before you will have to use it. Before! Which means that you push button 2 only after you see a cast bar on your construct (dbm can be slightly off with its timing) and not during the countdown.

Button 3 - Consume Amber - use only when you absolutely have to. This heals your construct and restores some of WP. Optimally, during p2, you should be nuked down before your WP runs out, so you will only have to use this ability once transformed in p3.

Button 4 - Break Free - as we need interrupts for boss casts, dont push it when it becomes available (and you can once you reach 20%). Try to stay in construct as long as you can (but not overly long or youll be Mind Controlled).
Once again, dbm gives you vocal countdown once you are nearly out of WP, so use button 4 during the countdown.

Try to focus on learning those things when you go for HoF lfr. It helps :)

EDIT by Tan: (i've put the pic here too, for reference)