[HEART OF FEAR] - Grand Empress Shek'zeer

Strategies for HoF.
Flexie

Re: [HEART OF FEAR] - Grand Empress Shek'zeer

Post by Flexie »

One point - her aoe shadow dmg aura takes 50% of everyone's health every couple of seconds. Anub'arak had a similar mechanic(tho empress being slightly more stupid doesn't heal off the dmg), so it'd probably be wise to revisit healing strategies for this last phase.
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

The only thing we really need to pay attention to are the dispels - if not dispelled, they hurt a lot, not only the debuffed person but also everyone around him/her, making that 50% rule (which isn't deadly by itself) ridiculously challenging. I don't think we need an additional healer, but we need to focus on the dispels.
Putting priests on it yesterday with a mass dispel was a major mistake, especially if they both got the first fears and noone else seemed obliged to help out... ;) Better to say that all who can should dispel (or Every-man-for-himself) rather than point to the priests. Shadow Priest contribution would be welcome as well.

Oh, and the marker really needs to be closer - mass dispels (if we'll be using them) need to be precast on a specific spot, and it would be useless to cast it on a spot where noone will manage to run to in those 4s time ;) Moreover, it is such a huge mana cost, everyone NEEDS to be there to be efficient, otherwise it's a useless mana drain.

All in all, it might be easier if we just assigned healers to group dispels, with backup ones in case those healers get feared.. ;)
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Flexie wrote:One point - her aoe shadow dmg aura takes 50% of everyone's health every couple of seconds. Anub'arak had a similar mechanic(tho empress being slightly more stupid doesn't heal off the dmg), so it'd probably be wise to revisit healing strategies for this last phase.

Oh now that was a fun fight, let everyone but the tanks HP sit below 30% HP and pew pew the boss to see who died first lol. the 50% is that 50% of thier total health or 50% of thier current health ? I don't know if you could let people sit with low health so they aren't taking as much dmg from the aura would be a viable tactic here, what other kinds of raid dmg are being thrwon around at this time ?
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Caireann wrote: Putting priests on it yesterday with a mass dispel was a major mistake, especially if they both got the first fears and noone else seemed obliged to help out... ;) Better to say that all who can should dispel (or Every-man-for-himself) rather than point to the priests. Shadow Priest contribution would be welcome as well.

Oh, and the marker really needs to be closer - mass dispels (if we'll be using them) need to be precast on a specific spot, and it would be useless to cast it on a spot where noone will manage to run to in those 4s time ;) Moreover, it is such a huge mana cost, everyone NEEDS to be there to be efficient, otherwise it's a useless mana drain.
To be honest I didn't really expect to do as well as we did in that raid, I didn't really even go through what happens in p3 as P1/2 were still work in progress. I'd also hope that anyone that could dispel or get themselves out of it would use their common sense and help out. I'll make sure people are more aware next time, but as we only hit that phase a couple of times it wasn't the end of the world. More letting everyone see what the happens in the phase and figure out tactics for us from there (and in here), I didn't expect it to be perfect or get a kill that fast. But I still hold that priests should be on dispelling duties and work out a rotation for it, but backup should also be in place. Not exactly a 'major mistake'.

I need to sort my ui so I can place markers again. :)
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Flexie

Post by Flexie »

Lithasola wrote:
Flexie wrote:One point - her aoe shadow dmg aura takes 50% of everyone's health every couple of seconds. Anub'arak had a similar mechanic(tho empress being slightly more stupid doesn't heal off the dmg), so it'd probably be wise to revisit healing strategies for this last phase.

Oh now that was a fun fight, let everyone but the tanks HP sit below 30% HP and pew pew the boss to see who died first lol. the 50% is that 50% of thier total health or 50% of thier current health ? I don't know if you could let people sit with low health so they aren't taking as much dmg from the aura would be a viable tactic here, what other kinds of raid dmg are being thrwon around at this time ?
I'm guessing current, there's no way it would be healable otherwise
Kharybdis

Post by Kharybdis »

The tooltip doesn't say, but checking various posts around the net confirms it's 50% of current health, not max

Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.

Prepare for the worst and dare the universe to disappoint you
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

well its probably not feasible to do an Anub like strat, allowing people to sit on low health anyway since she has various other raid damaging abilities she throws around, I was just trying to think of ways to help the healers with mana issues since there were a few comments like 'running on fumes' and 'OOM' in the healing channel in between wipes.
Tan

Post by Tan »

Going with 7H as its defo not a dps race.
Few more things to add to the start:

When adds come, 1 add of each pack should be taunted away by anyone with a taunt = less dmg on Tanks

Have the whole raid topped off before the boss reaches 30%. If this means "stop dps on the boss" when the shields are not down yet around 35%, then call it out.

Let's get this leftover 1% now!
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Tan wrote: When adds come, 1 add of each pack should be taunted away by anyone with a taunt = less dmg on Tanks
And a second add from the pack marked with a skull from one tank and an X from the other to allow the dps to nuke one down asap, this removes 2 stacks of the dmg buff the adds gain from being near each other making healing on the tanks a helluva lot easier :)
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Right, how to kill GES:

Everyone needs to help with survivability, so use healthstone/defensive CD's/self heals when the fields blow in P1

There should be a couple of interrupters with each group of adds in P2 to cover dispatch. Didn't need to assign as those that can, did, without needing to be told. Little adds need stunning/taunting of the tank when the traps are up. No one kite little mobs near the traps.

Depending on raid dps, the timing of the transition to p3 can be tricky, might need to push the last 2 fields quicker than normal and get her to 30% before getting another retreat. So have a back up caster to help.

In P3, no more stacking for mass dispel, too dangerous. Anyone with Vision should run out of the raid, spread out about 8y and everyone should be dispelling. Can be bubbled/cloaked/EMFH, etc too.

Job done.
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'