[MOGU'SHAN VAULTS] - The Stone Guard (1st Boss)

Strategies for MV.
Fagan

[MOGU'SHAN VAULTS] - The Stone Guard (1st Boss)

Post by Fagan »

http://www.icy-veins.com/the-stone-guar ... rategy-wow

Nice little vid for the 10 man, looks very simple. (Excuse the language!)

Basically tank and spank for 10 man. 1MT takes 2 of the guardians, the OT takes the other. Every now and then the MT taunts the OT's target and the OT picks up on of the MT's other guardians.

Other than that, most of the dmg seems unavoidable. So tank spank and heal.

25 man looks pretty much the same but with 3T - MT with 2 mobs, OT's with one each and rotate the taunting.
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Fagan

Re: [MOGU'SHAN VAULTS] - The Stone Guard (1st Boss)

Post by Fagan »

Updated

Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

After watching the video it looks like they changed it quite a bit from the beta version, the cobalt adds ability in the vid was a debuff cast on a person that dmg'd people within range, the debuff could be dispelled. This wasnt the case when we tried it out, the cobalt add placed crystals on the floor that you needed to move away from or they dmg'd you and anyone who was within range of you. In essence they have changed it so that at least 2 of the adds place nastyness on the floor that you have to avoid forcing the raid to move in 10 man and not stay stacked up like in that video (25man all 4 are active so raid would be having to move around anyway). We were unlucky to have both the cobalt and the amethyst adds on our try this meant we had to run around like headless chickens.

It really is a tank fight we have to spend a few trys figurining out whens the best time to taunt the adds off one another. Myself and Vrug made some progress we started off taunting at around 50% energy then taunting at around every 20 - 30%, more experimentation is required. Its hard to try things out and build tactics if your dying lots to the melee from the boss (we were undergeared ;) )
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

A new vid from the same source, but for 25 man live version:

Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

As standing/not standing in crap becomes quite chaotic, people become spread out quite quickly. Perhaps we should mark a ranged and melee player for stacking on. That would make it easier to see when to move out of crap (ie if big pink diamond just moved), and will help your healers seriously stressed mana by improving effectiveness of AOE heals (chuck a blinghammer at the diamond).
Alaedon

Post by Alaedon »

from yesterday raid what cause most of problems in tanking was some dps were dpsing the add i was not have as main target at the start which cause many time to lose control that cause in some cases of using taunt back which lead to be slow on taunting off from others tank or leaving the dpser to tank the add until i have my taunt back that what happen to Lir at the end she become rogue tank :twisted: ... at the end my focus was taunt off will be use first for taunting swap then to taunt off ppl that get aggro cause they were on wrong target excpet if you can give me your aggro like hunters or rogues which will be nice :D .. for the tank target swap one of the problems were to be out of the taunt range the solution for that is to OT to be within 30 yard of me as its fun for me to run toward them and make the melees run behind the boss :twisted: .. last thing for melee sometime it will be hard for me to move the boss fast to give free space when taunt come with it as taunt if much more importent so sometime they have to move out and not w8 for me to move .. that were the problems i most had while tanking the 2 kitties.
Gladion

Post by Gladion »

Well, let's start then.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8xij ... ll/130404/
Jasper Chains kill loads of ppl. I wouldn't like to point fingers at start, I just remind all that ranged can still stand near melee and do dps. It doesn't work other way around.
In regione caecorum rex est luscus.
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Gladion wrote:I just remind all that ranged can still stand near melee and do dps. It doesn't work other way around.
Very true, but melee do have to try and make it easier for their buddy, by not using abilities such as Heroic Leap!

And everybody needs to be quicker at getting away from the shard bombs, we didn't even get chance to break them during the right phase as they pretty much all got tripped as soon as they armed!

Chains need to be broken when Jasper is active, not at any other time. You don't have to run to the other side of the room to break them, just be more than 10 yards away.
Alaedon wrote:from yesterday raid what cause most of problems in tanking was some dps were dpsing the add i was not have as main target at the start which cause many time to lose control that cause in some cases of using taunt back which lead to be slow on taunting off from others tank or leaving the dpser to tank the add until i have my taunt back that what happen to Lir at the end she become rogue tank :twisted: ... at the end my focus was taunt off will be use first for taunting swap then to taunt off ppl that get aggro cause they were on wrong target excpet if you can give me your aggro like hunters or rogues which will be nice :D .. for the tank target swap one of the problems were to be out of the taunt range the solution for that is to OT to be within 30 yard of me as its fun for me to run toward them and make the melees run behind the boss :twisted: .. last thing for melee sometime it will be hard for me to move the boss fast to give free space when taunt come with it as taunt if much more importent so sometime they have to move out and not w8 for me to move .. that were the problems i most had while tanking the 2 kitties.
Quite right that melee will have to be awake and move out of bad stuff rather than waiting for the mobs to move, they should be aware of that anyway. You were getting my tot pretty much on CD whereever possible, and in this fight it would be best if all hunters and rogues used it. Rogues cleave anyway so will give you threat on both targets. I know Pallys aren't as great at multi mob tanking as they used to be.

I've suggested that it should be the MT who leads the taunting to make it easier so the MT doesn't have to run about trying to find which one you're meant to taunt while the OT has already taken one of your mobs. So MT taunts one of the OT's mobs and then the OT picks up the spare from the MT, not the other way around.

:)

Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Fagan wrote:
I've suggested that it should be the MT who leads the taunting to make it easier so the MT doesn't have to run about trying to find which one you're meant to taunt while the OT has already taken one of your mobs. So MT taunts one of the OT's mobs and then the OT picks up the spare from the MT, not the other way around.

:)
MT needs to be aware of which mob has the lowest energy out of the ones being off tanked and choose that mob, gives us longer between overloads that way :)
Copperknot

Post by Copperknot »

Is there an addin to show all boss health frames which shows all 4 and their power bars that can be used to select and taunt from?