[MOGU'SHAN VAULTS] - The Stone Guard (1st Boss)

Strategies for MV.
Caireann

Re: [MOGU'SHAN VAULTS] - The Stone Guard (1st Boss)

Post by Caireann »

Copperknot wrote:Is there an addin to show all boss health frames which shows all 4 and their power bars that can be used to select and taunt from?
The standard Blizz UI? ;) I don't use atm any frames addons and they are right there, on the right side where usually quests are and are working nicely.

The biggest problem I had during that fight was the inability to see the extra bar that informs about the explosion of the activated doggie (it appeared behind my healing frames and was driving me nuts half of the raid hence couldn't really concentrate on the fight). The addon Simple Power Bar works perfectly for that one - you can move it anywhere you want (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... erBar.html)
Flexie

Post by Flexie »

Gladion wrote:Well, let's start then.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8xij ... ll/130404/
Jasper Chains kill loads of ppl. I wouldn't like to point fingers at start, I just remind all that ranged can still stand near melee and do dps. It doesn't work other way around.
Regarding this, as Fagan said, melee folks really need to aware who they're chained to, especially if it's a healer.
Templaar wrote:As standing/not standing in crap becomes quite chaotic, people become spread out quite quickly. Perhaps we should mark a ranged and melee player for stacking on. That would make it easier to see when to move out of crap (ie if big pink diamond just moved), and will help your healers seriously stressed mana by improving effectiveness of AOE heals (chuck a blinghammer at the diamond).
As much as this is a good idea we'd need to assign a few groups to make it work, otherwise ranged would need to move pretty much all the time as the pools and bombs are being cast fairly often.
Copperknot

Post by Copperknot »

Caireann wrote:
Copperknot wrote:Is there an addin to show all boss health frames which shows all 4 and their power bars that can be used to select and taunt from?
The standard Blizz UI? ;) I don't use atm any frames addons and they are right there, on the right side where usually quests are and are working nicely.

The biggest problem I had during that fight was the inability to see the extra bar that informs about the explosion of the activated doggie (it appeared behind my healing frames and was driving me nuts half of the raid hence couldn't really concentrate on the fight). The addon Simple Power Bar works perfectly for that one - you can move it anywhere you want (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... erBar.html)

I see them with ElvUi but obviously from liths post some people are not seeing them, if it's available under standard it may well just be something under your settings Lith.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

oh no Copp I can see the bars on the right its just that they are waaaaay over to the right hand side (where your quests get listed so I advise untracking all your quests before the fight) so you have to not only look at your bar, watch for nasty stuff under your feet, keep track of who is holding which add but also how much energy that add is at. Its just a lot to take in and last night we were shouting at Alaedon when we were taunting his adds so he would then have to find out where we were and taunt our add off us, as he was saying sometimes me or Vrug were out of his taunt range. Saying that however some sort of addon that tells you when to swap out the non active add thats being MT'd would be nice.