[MOGU'SHAN VAULTS] - Feng the accursed (2nd Boss)

Strategies for MV.
Fagan

[MOGU'SHAN VAULTS] - Feng the accursed (2nd Boss)

Post by Fagan »

http://www.icy-veins.com/feng-the-accur ... rategy-wow

Again, excuse the language, but a good vid.

'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Fagan

Re: [MOGU'SHAN VAULTS] - Feng the accursed (2nd Boss)

Post by Fagan »

Bump for vid update
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Copperknot

Post by Copperknot »

Lightning fist is avoidable, when boss begins cast and there is no requirement to get hit by it (i.e. the first Lightning Fist which the OT needs to steal by putting shroud of reversal on a friendly tgt thats going to be hit by it so he can steal that ability) so Alae after the first stun you should never get stunned again in Phase 1.

(Another melee could take the lightning fist instead of the MT for the OT to steal from if it makes things easier for the tanks but they would need some big heals too)

I think this stun was the biggest issue for the tanks, simply avoid it do your taunt changes every 2 / 3 stacks of Lightning Lash and coordinate your barrier bubble / lightning fist interrupt of the epicenter and Phase 1 should be golden :D

Simplez
Alaedon

Post by Alaedon »

after reading more about the boss fight and after what problems we faced last night during the fight.

Phase One
if we want to have barrier for first Epicenter and interrupt the second one that mean Vrug should start tanking the boss and no need for me to get stun as there is no use for copy Lightning Fist that will give the chance to able to go under the boss when its need as i will not be stuned or tanking the boss which mean i will not be able to go under it .. but what i want from melee pls go under the barrier no need to w8 all the time for me to come under the boss i may make a mistake and press befor or get stun by mistake you should worry about how to surrive too :twisted: .. after the first Epicenter i will taunt the boss of Vrug and that will give him the chance to copy the spell he need and be able to interrupt the 2nd Epicenter and that how the tanking rotation should go .. need barrier ??!! barrier's tank isn't tanking and not getting hit by lighting fist ... need interrupt??!! barrier's tank is tanking and getting stun .. for lightning lash i didn't think we had that problem for it stack we could survive it even when we had a little bit hight stacks so need to worry about so much i think.

Phase Two
go a little bit same with phase one at start barrier's tank is not tanking as need to go under the boss and use barrier to stop the boss from getting fire with the first Draw Flame (If barrier isn't on cd which was not yesterday)..For second Draw Flame everyone should use thier saved and what ever magic damage reduction then can use like dk antimagic zone (looking at Sap you have to work to do :twisted: :twisted: ).. after the second Draw Flame tank swap boss and Barrier's tank stop the 3rd Draw Flame and hope we go to 3rd phase.. for Flaming Spare and swap hope it will be fine like the first phase :D

Phase Three
same tank rotation with phase one and two we need barrier .. barrier's tank is not tanking.. barrier's on cd .. barrier's tank tanking.. for the Arcane shock and swap same with phase one and two as i said from phase one the stacks of the debuff wasn't that problem for the tanks

last thing Melees move to the barrier don't wait all the time to be cast where you want :twisted: :twisted:
Copperknot

Post by Copperknot »

Don't worry about melee they will move to where barrier is, it is preferable for it to be under boss so melee can still be behind him for max DPS however if its not melee will move to it or die.

Stuns, should only happen once to enable OT to get the lightning fist after that avoid them! As previously mentioned you could utilise a high stam DPS to get the stun doesn't need to be the MT if this is too much for you.

Once you have established agro P1 and both tanks have abilities just coordinate your taunts for lightning lash stacks and coordinate when using barrier/fist.

P2 call flame is easily avoidable by all but the MT at the time so barrier should be used as available and saves/defensive CDs
Vrugdush
Officer

Post by Vrugdush »

Just a clarification: the stun needs to happen once for every interrupt we want. Each copying of Lightning Fists is good for only one use, and then the button switches back to the Shroud of Reversal ability, as well as going on cooldown for about 20 seconds.
Vrugdush
Officer

Post by Vrugdush »

Patch 5.0.5 Hotfixes - October 12:
Feng the Accursed

Feng now casts Lightning Fists with appropriate frequency.
Good change. It did seem a bit random before.
Alaedon

Post by Alaedon »

Vrugdush wrote:Patch 5.0.5 Hotfixes - October 12:
Feng the Accursed

Feng now casts Lightning Fists with appropriate frequency.
Good change. It did seem a bit random before.
good fix .. get ready for to kill the boss from the first try :D :D
Vrugdush
Officer

Post by Vrugdush »

Here's a helpful macro for the Shroud of Reversal using tank. Put the other tank, or other assigned Lightning Fists soaker, as your Focus Target, and use the macro as soon as Feng starts casting Lightning Fists. It should save some precious clicking time.

Code: Select all

/stopattack
/target [@focus]
/click ExtraActionButton1
The /stopattack might not be necessary, but it did seem like the Nullification Barrier could be interrupted by auto-attacks, so I didn't want to take any chances.

I've tested it, and it worked nicely.
Flexie

Post by Flexie »

It may be worth to put down markers for spark dumping zones during p2, people have been running to somewhat random spots yesterday. Also, on a related note, I realize there's a lot going on during p2, but we really can't have fires dumped under the ranged group, especially if p3 is coming.