[MOGU'SHAN VAULTS] - Elegon

Strategies for MV.
Giruy

Re: [MOGU'SHAN VAULTS] - Elegon

Post by Giruy »

I'm going to change to Survival for this fight, pet bugs a lot by not staying on the Spark which is a large dps loss for a Beastmaster.

There's also a lot of running about for the pet on the 2nd phase of adds as well which isn't helping overall damage.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

My damage on the Energy Focus could be a lot higher than it is at the moment, but I was in a group that managed to handle the first 3 sparks without my help. This resulted in me only doing damage to these sparks if we were late at running to our position because an add had to be killed first. This is ofcourse up to everyone to see if it works, but we managed to kill all our sparks before they hit the pylon, so it worked for our group.

When I do dps the energy focus, I try to do this by using my cooldowns as much as possible. Use elemental freeze right as the focusses spawn, so I get 2 stacks of Fingers of Frost (instant icelance that crits for 200k when you're under influence of the buff), use my frost orb when there's adds up and point it at the boss, so I will get more FoF stacks. Use frost bomb on Elegon so I get a Brain Freeze proc for instant Frostfire bolt. If I have time, I dps Elegon to get a proc of either Icelance or Brain Freeze and I keep that till the energy focus spawns.

Basicly ... I try to use frostbolt as little as possible to kill the energy focus (too long a cast for too little damage on them focusses). If you see the stats Copper linked and check how I've divided my damage, you'll see that frostbolt is only a minor part of my damage done to them.

In short.. use as many cooldowns and instants as possible to deal as much damage as possible.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

the Elegon encounter is a rather serious DPS check for your raid. Currently, in 10-man, you must utilise only 2 healers if you wish to succeed, and in 25-man you must use 5.
It certainly would be nice to succeed. So let's take the advice and just try it.
Tan

Post by Tan »

Got him down with both ball phases of only 5 waves iirc. So don't call for a wipe if you don't get that 6th wave.
6H on these tries though, with an off spec and an irregular one, granted. Still, 1 awesome D less. So don't despair if the raid is slightly imbalanced.
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis