[MOGU'SHAN VAULTS] - Elegon

Strategies for MV.
Nihil

Re: [MOGU'SHAN VAULTS] - Elegon

Post by Nihil »

Stacking before Total Annihilation (before add finishes casting it) might be a good idea, because death knights can put Anti-Magic Zone (as Tem pointed out) and reduce damage taken from it by 75%. It doesnt matter whether only melee or only ranged get this, but when ~7 ppl get damage reduction from 220k to 60k it's a huge difference for healers. Even if we can do it only once.

Also, since we have 3 tanks, it might be a good idea to let only two take on little adds that spawn during p3, and main tank focused on running to boss as soon as the platform is back so that the raid wont get grabbed.
If we succeed there, you can try bringing all the little adds together, and dks can pop Remorseless Winter, which will also save healers' mana for a few seconds.
Tan

Post by Tan »

Good points!

Also, Vrug, if u don't mind, could u test out how many stacks u can carry before u go boom (or the healers can't heal u anymore? Maybe before the first pull? I'd like to know. Repair is on me! :lol:

And if one of the mdps is also feeling suicidal...
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Nihil

Post by Nihil »

I think I can help with that :)

Yesterday I was able to get myself to 99 stacks. Debuff itself doesnt do damage, but I'd be a toast long before reaching 99 during the fight. So for the dps, 10 stacks is maximum that could be healed (if we're lucky). I have no idea how much damage Elegon's tank is taking, but I think 8 stacks tops, since you guys have to stand before his mouth and take damage from yet another source.
Tan

Post by Tan »

Lovely! :D

I was also thinking for perfectionating Tank swaps, it'll be a lot safer too to switch out RIGHT before the stinky breath.
ImageImage
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Lovely tactic for dealing with Sparks ......C'mon Temp you know you want to !

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004690582
Vrugdush
Officer

Post by Vrugdush »

Phase one seems to go OK now, even though the timing of pushing the boss down past 85% is still tricky. We usually had time to kill any remaining "big adds" while the boss was gearing up for spawning the "balls". However, that still means a lot of lost DPS time on the boss. Even when we got the "big add" down, some people had quite far to run to reach their "balls", and we sometimes weren't able to kill even the first wave. This could of course also be attributed to people having keeled over.

In short, we really need to perfect pushing the boss into the next phase without getting another big add.

Dividing the raid to kill all the pylons simultaneously seems like a good plan, provided we can balance DPS between the groups nicely. It means fewer adds, but it also means that any adds that spawn won't necessarily be in reach of the tanks, who might be stuck on the other side of a forcefield. Gathering the adds is very tricky, since you can't stand exactly where they spawn due to the nasty AoE damage, and by the time they spawn, a healer has usually already snagged aggro, and the adds are already moving away at a steady pace.

Lith's suggestion would make it much easier for the tanks. It would also make it easier to do the fight with just two tanks; one grabbing the little adds while the other one moves back to the boss. As it is now, it's utter chaos as all the tanks are scrambling for the adds and none of us can reliably be ready to move back to the boss before he does his pull. With one healer pulling aggro on all of them, it should be possible for just one tank to intercept them all.

I didn't check how many stacks of the debuff I could survive. Currently we swap at five or six stacks, and it feels safe as long as we don't go out of healing range. There is very little leeway, so when tank swapping it's important to stack exactly on top of the previous tank before taunting. We might even want to put a smokeflare or similiar on the tanking spot, as it can be a bit tricky to determine your exact position relative to the pylons once the fight has started.

Having one more DPS rather than a third tank should help us with pushing the boss more quickly, especially as the two tanks we currently have on the boss spend half their time running around rather than hitting anything. It would mean having to relearn the add tanking and swapping, but I think it would be worth the initial hiccups.
Tan

Post by Tan »

Tx for the recap Vrug! (And the log ;) )
So we kill all the pylons at once then? That would actually involve less running, good.
Lets try the 2 T thing next try too. And have Temp as yummy bait for the adds in ph3 :lol:
ImageImage
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Survivability of melee dps is poor (typically 75% comparted to ranged/healer 85%). Is this because of poor healing? Mechanics? Not moving?

It should not be poor healing because you are in range and we don't have raidbars that indicate "melee, don't heal" :D
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Gladion

Post by Gladion »

I was killed many times while I was dps'ing sparkly ball down.. So yes, I do kinda blame healers for that.
In regione caecorum rex est luscus.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Is that because tanks lost aggro and melee dps were first to take the hit?
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.