[Dragon Soul] Yor'sahj the unsleeping

Strategies for DS.
Fagan

Re: [Dragon Soul] Yor'sahj the unsleeping

Post by Fagan »

Lithasola wrote:Other boss hun this is the slimey one ;)
How the hell did it end up here?? I was replying to Vrug in the other thread.... Confused now!
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Fluttermouse

Post by Fluttermouse »

A lot depends how many times we get the traffic light combo (or anything worse) during the fight. Not sure what anyone else was popping, but I worked out that if we have Deida, me popping a tranq as soon as the shield goes down ought to get you through the rest of that. Obviously I can only do that once per fight though and if missing a disc priest someone needs to give me a heads up on what I need to be looking out for instead as my cue to give you a boost. Depending on the randomness of the colour combo spawns, with any luck we only have to worry about something nasty once.
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

A few pro tips for healers I got from a friend:

Palas: if u cast Holy radiance on a hunters pet, it wont proc deep corruption. Pets dont get it and holy radiance only procs corruption on the 1st tick on the person it is cast upon.

Druids: if u stack Lifebloom on a pet, then swiftmend, the effloresence that procs will also not cause corruption for the same reason as above =)

Might make life a bit easier for ya.
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

What stood out for me is that we're not there yet. We cannot sit back and easily stroll through heroics. It's nerfed 15% and we still didn't hit the dps required mark. I know we were 1 person short (that doesn't help), but I also think that people should realise raiding (in general and heroics in particular) isn't to be taken for granted. You can't lazily sit back and expect to be facerolling bosses, you need to push the buttons and push the buttons hard. I realise that 'heroic raiding guilds' stack classes a bit more and we go by the signup method, which is fine, but that also means that the people should all try their hardest.

Yesterday was a nice eye-opener for me in that respect. 15% nerf and we're not doing the dps required to get the blob down on time in 1 out of 3 cases. As an indication for Ultraxion (which is the true dps check): Last time we got him down we did a combined 600k dps (awesome!). Required dps to get the boss down with 15% nerf on heroic: 650k dps. Each and everyone in the raid needs to do 10% better, or around 3k more dps for 6 minutes. Go practise rotations ! Give the damage increasing buffs to the people that will increase raid dps the most etc. Do not slack :)

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Tan

Post by Tan »

Time to get out those pots again too if we're going to try UltraHC, just like we popped them on our first tries on UltraNormal.
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Tan

Post by Tan »

This is your time to shine Fungus ^^ (and G, who will happily switch to his os :p )
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/pla ... g/25H/dps/
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

I always shine :). G actually tried fire for a couple of tries and then happily switched back to arcane ... odd.. :P
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Garfunkle

Post by Garfunkle »

Was having a quick look at the logs from tonight's attempts after Lith mentioned that I'd possibly killed some people.

Turns out in our second attempt I caused quite a considerable amount of damage, which is nice....

...the reason I'm posting this is I can't for the life of me work out why. I was my range finder is always slap bang in the middle of my screen and was constantly green indicating nobody in range. In truth I think I was also barely healing at that point as I was terrified of the evil purple buff o'doom.

Am I missing something, or did I miss something in my reading? Is it that healing that I did caused the wipe, or is that I was healed too much (whether by me or someone else).

I don't think I did anything spectacularly different in the other attempts so can't work out what happened on that one.

I know I'm a bit rusty, but don't like not knowing why something happened.

Anyone can read the logs a bit better than I can is more than welcome to tell me what I did.
Garfunkle has been slain by a Chubby Purple Unicorn.
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

"The purple ooze grants Yor'sahj Deep Corruption Icon Deep Corruption. This ability does a large amount of raid-wide Shadow damage (50,000 in 10-man, 55,000 in 25-man, and 35,750 in LFR) for each fifth heal or absorb effect that a player receives."

Since the damage you done is mostly by deep corruption, I think you've been trigger happy on the healing and thus caused some damage there. Not sure if a healing stream totem also caused the effect ... or an earth shield.. or whatnot.

A.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

From Icy veins.
Deep CorruptionYour raid will have to deal with purple in half of the possible combinations (using our kill priority). This means that, unlike in Normal mode, properly handling Deep Corruption is no longer optional.

This debuff will stack on players every time they get a heal or receive an absorb effect. At 5 stacks, the player will explode and deal a massive amount of raid-wide damage.

To properly handle this debuff, healers must have it show in their raid frame addons (the spell ID is 105171 and its name is Deep Corruption).

Also, purple is always up in combination with blue, which deals no damage, and either of black or green, which deal very moderate damage. As you can see, purple is never combined with a highly damaging ooze that would cause the healers to panic, so they should be able to easily keep every player in the raid alive, without having to heal them more than 4 times.
You should check out some of the comments underneath the strategies, theres a lot about healing, what will and wont add a stack to the debuff etc

PS for those who werent sure about non specific AoE dmg theres a list of classes and what they can do to help kill the adds under the section about forgotten ones in the part 8.3.3 'beating the enrage timer'.