[Dragon Soul] Yor'sahj the unsleeping

Strategies for DS.
Daegranos

[Dragon Soul] Yor'sahj the unsleeping

Post by Daegranos »

Watching the video is recommended but it's not all there is to the fight, the rest of the information is below the video!

As not everyone knows I've been poking around on the PTR with the LFR tool which has given me some nice experience with this bugger, I will now share my tactics on this bugger for the 25man normal mode. :)

The mechanics of the fight are fairly easy and I think that the only thing that would wipe us are the numbers. either the raid damage gets too high or we can't get the slimes down fast enough.
It requires 2 tanks and 5 to 6 healers. It's doable with 1 tank but that tank and the healers better be amazing when trying it with 1!

Anyway, for the slimes (It's in a nice picture copy pasta'd from wowhead):

The slimes spawn from colour coded pannels at the back of the room and before the slimes spawn it tells us which slimes the boss is summoning.

Purple: Kill this at all times, it gives players a stacking debuff when healed either by a direct, aoe or hot heal. This is counterproductive and makes healing impossible. at 5 stacks it will blow you up as with the seeds at majordomo and causes everyone in the raid to get 55k shadow damage.

Green: The green is the only one that requires us to spread (4 yard range), this has to be the second on the priority since the other two slimes will most likely force us to stack up. stacking up and spreading at the same time is impossible so kill the green if the purple is absent.

Yellow: As seen by the picture it makes void bolt a raid wide attack. The debuff is only applied to the person tanking tho. we want to stay stacked up for this. Yellow is 3rd on the kill priority since it decreases Yor'sahj's ability cooldowns by 50%.

Red: It gives random players (I believe 8 in 25m) a debuff that deals more damage the further away you are from the boss. everyone needs to be stacked up behind the boss because we don't know who will get the debuff.

Blue: IMPORTANT FOR ALL MANA USERS! All your mana will be drained as soon as the blue slime reaches the boss. SAVE ALL YOUR MANA REGAINING ABILITIES FOR WHEN YOUR MANA IS DRAINED! (As stated in the video.) When your mana is drained it will spawn an add called "Mana void", every single magic user (Except warlocks if they feel comfortable) need to stay in 30 yards range of the mana void. When it's killed it will redistribute all the stolen mana to every magic user in the 30 yard range.

Black: Stack up and AoE the adds down, they can't be tanked.

I know it seems like a lot, but just remember to always stay stacked up unless you need to chase a slime or when the green slime reached the boss.
This is basically all that there is to it. ranged can stay stacked up at all times but melee sometimes need to move around to kill the mana void, maybe we will do good with assigning two healers to stay with the melee.
Sarri

Re: [Dragon Soul] Yor'sahj the unsleeping

Post by Sarri »

http://www.icy-veins.com/yor-sahj-the-u ... d-strategy

Please read this one through too!!

More to come shortly!
Vrugdush
Officer

Post by Vrugdush »

Fun fight all around. We were good at killing the correct slime fast enough. From a tank point of view, the yellow blob/Glowing Globule, was probably the scariest one, especially in combination with the Mana Void. Going to three stacks of Void Bolt felt safe most of the time, but that was with me using cooldowns early and often. When we get the yellow, tanks will have to go to four, or maybe even five Void Bolt stacks, and that was plenty scary. Either we will have to hold on to our cooldowns "just in case", which feels a bit wasteful, or we will have to have some help in the form of an external cooldown rotation.

The stacking seemed good as well. Something to keep in mind is that it would be nice if we try and stand as close behind the boss as we can when we get the black blob, so that tanks can hit the adds with our AoE attacks as well. They might not be tankable, but we can at least help kill them. Every little bit helps. :-)
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Other boss hun this is the slimey one ;)

I agree with Vrug there, stacking to 3 and taunting was the easiest way to dal with Debuff durations. Slimes died nice n fast I helped ona few but tbh it wasnt really required so most of the time I stayed on the boss to help whittle him down a little while folks were on the slimes. What was the combination of slimes that we seemed to be dying on a lot of the time ? I know healers were starting to think through on a raid CD/tank CD. Have we decided on that yet ?
Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

Lithasola wrote:Other boss hun this is the slimey one ;)
:shock: :lol:
Meow.

Daegranos

Post by Daegranos »

Lithasola wrote:Other boss hun this is the slimey one ;)

I agree with Vrug there, stacking to 3 and taunting was the easiest way to dal with Debuff durations. Slimes died nice n fast I helped ona few but tbh it wasnt really required so most of the time I stayed on the boss to help whittle him down a little while folks were on the slimes. What was the combination of slimes that we seemed to be dying on a lot of the time ? I know healers were starting to think through on a raid CD/tank CD. Have we decided on that yet ?
Green/yellow/red. loads of aoe damage. We could go for the yellow instead but then we'd have to awkwardly position the people with seared blood around the boss and im guessing the green will kill us then.

If it helps we can have a 3rd tank just for that combination so that you can still use the 3stack rotation (A proper tank, not a fake kitty tank), otherwise you'll have to taunt at 4 or 5 and use cooldowns.
Ilsevele

Post by Ilsevele »

We died a lot on the red/yellow left combo - basically lot of aoe and tank damage at the same time. There is only really one worse combo for us (out of 20) - case when purple/green/red will spawn at the same time.

So, these are 3 very bothersome combos out of 20.

Possibly purple/green/yellow might also give us an issue, though I think we'd rather deal better with it.
Daegranos

Post by Daegranos »

Ilsevele wrote:We died a lot on the red/yellow left combo - basically lot of aoe and tank damage at the same time. There is only really one worse combo for us (out of 20) - case when purple/green/red will spawn at the same time.

So, these are 3 very bothersome combos out of 20.

Possibly purple/green/yellow might also give us an issue, though I think we'd rather deal better with it.
There are 6 preset combination and the two you mentioned aren't part of that, luckily. :)
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

You might want to recheck that factoid Daeg, I have read that the 6 preset combos are only in LFR... I think Icy Veins said it...
Daegranos

Post by Daegranos »

Icy Veins wrote:While there are a total of 20 possible combinations, so far, only 6 have ever been witnessed. So it is safe to assume that these are the only 6 combinations that the game will face your raid with: