[DRAGON SOUL] Warlord Zon'ozz

Strategies for DS.
Fagan

[DRAGON SOUL] Warlord Zon'ozz

Post by Fagan »

This one is an updated version of Pong! Seriously!

http://www.learntoraid.com/2011/11/04/w ... -25-normal

http://www.icy-veins.com/warlord-zon-oz ... d-strategy
  • Phase 1 Pong!
  • Tank the boss facing the just to one side of the ranged until the ball spawns
  • Range stack on edge of the pool and moves to intercept ball when it spawns
  • When ball spawns tank turns boss 180 degrees
  • Bounce the ball between ranged and melee, 3 healers in each group, ranged need to move as a group as dmg is split between those close to the ball. 1tank healer off to the side, safe, so they can heal the tank when melee have to move.
  • Dispelling must be done carefully so as not to kill the person with the debuff, don't dispel those on low health or about to bounce the ball
  • 1 person will be assigned to dispelling
  • Melee clear a path for the ball so it hits the boss on the 6th/4th/2nd/2nd consecutive bounces This means the ball will hit him on the 7th/5th/3rd/3rd times, this clears the debuff and starts p2
  • Phase 2 - Nuke and Heal
  • Raid needs to stack on boss
  • CD rotation needs to be arranged for this phase as it is healing intensive
  • DPS should nuke hard as he takes extra dmg now, save CD's for this phase if possible
  • 30 seconds and P1 will start again, so back to the first point
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Sarri

Re: [DRAGON SOUL] Warlord Zon'ozz

Post by Sarri »

Interesting little note from L2R forums here: http://www.learntoraid.com/forum/showth ... 1#post7608
Just a Suggestion for this fight it might be a good idea to tell people in the video the # of bounces you do each phase.. We found that doing 7-5-3-3 was the best for the healers and it got the boss down... I didn't hear anything in the video about how many times to bounce it so i thought i would toss out there what worked for us..
Vrugdush
Officer

Post by Vrugdush »

Our tactic seemed to work fine, so that's good. I never noticed the boss doing his frontal cone attack until after the Void ball had spawned though, so it's probably safe to keep him turned directly towards the ranged so that they don't have to move to get the ball the first time, which is also what I did most of the time. :P

On the other hand, we might just have been lucky, so it's something to keep an eye out for.

Having one tank healer off to the side and not moving seemed to help a lot with preventing sudden tank death syndrome. Another thing I tried to do, was make sure that I was at least 10 yards away from the melee so as not to soak any Void ball damage. I never saw a solid figure on the range it's shared at. Looking at the logs, it seems that this might not be enough, and that more than 10 yards might be needed. Whether or not it's worth trying to keep the melee and the tank further apart at the bounce is up for debate though, since we managed to kill the boss anyway.
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Vrugdush wrote:Another thing I tried to do, was make sure that I was at least 10 yards away from the melee so as not to soak any Void ball damage. I never saw a solid figure on the range it's shared at. Looking at the logs, it seems that this might not be enough, and that more than 10 yards might be needed. Whether or not it's worth trying to keep the melee and the tank further apart at the bounce is up for debate though, since we managed to kill the boss anyway.
The trouble was with the void ball it did seem very random in that it would go straight through melee and explode somewhere under the boss. I don't know why exactly, but I'm guessing those would be the times you took some dmg from it. There's not much room to separate the tank and melee as he has a pretty small hitbox given his size.

Vrugdush
Officer

Post by Vrugdush »

Yeah that might be it. We could potentially have melee move away from the boss to intercept the ball, but that seems like it would just be a waste of DPS, plus there's not much space between melee and ranged as it is.

Another thing would be if the tank moved the boss sideways away from where the melee intercept the ball, but then we run into potential problems with healing range, and melee getting clipped by the cone attack as he's being moved back.

All in all, it's probably best to keep doing it the way we are.
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

Rubedo standing out to the side seemed to work nicely. I was going to suggest something before you passed on his assignment to stand out, that maybe the tank healers start in melee, but one moves out on the third/fourth bounce and the other moves out on the fifth/sixth bounce so they arent both moving at the same time, which seemed to be the issue. Anyway, if one staying out permanently works, then thats fine. It's simply another method to bear in mind...
Daegranos

Post by Daegranos »

Fagan wrote:
Vrugdush wrote:Another thing I tried to do, was make sure that I was at least 10 yards away from the melee so as not to soak any Void ball damage. I never saw a solid figure on the range it's shared at. Looking at the logs, it seems that this might not be enough, and that more than 10 yards might be needed. Whether or not it's worth trying to keep the melee and the tank further apart at the bounce is up for debate though, since we managed to kill the boss anyway.
The trouble was with the void ball it did seem very random in that it would go straight through melee and explode somewhere under the boss. I don't know why exactly, but I'm guessing those would be the times you took some dmg from it. There's not much room to separate the tank and melee as he has a pretty small hitbox given his size.
It takes time for the ball to "reactivate" again. if that wasn't the case it would just bounce between the ranged or melee all the time.
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Moved from it being in the other thread randomly....

The issue might be the lack of distance between melee and ranged and the ball doesn't activate properly before it's reached melee so can't bounce back when it reaches them. We might be better splitting the range and melee further. Tank healers should be in melee anyway so range shouldn't be an issue, as long as the tank can handle their CD's in the later stages of the bounce.

Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

From LFR tactics
Positioning

During phase one, ranged stack at the edge of the pool while melee stack behind the boss in the middle of the room. Face the boss toward ranged until the first Void spawns, then flip him to face the back of the room. In phase two, the raid simply stacks on the boss to ease healing.
From Icy veins Tactics
The idea is to have the Ranged group stack about 20 yards from the boss and the Melee group (tank included) run to the boss. The exact positioning of the Melee group does not really matter at this stage, only that the tank must make the boss face slightly away from the ranged group.
Not sure if the edge of the pool to the centre is 20 yrds ( I think it wouls be more) but we could try both of these out and see, just to verify a good distance. I like the little diagram the Icy Veins tactic has to explain positioning for the pull and up to the summoning of the ball. -

Wich would then change to this when we start the series of bounces. -

So other than being unsure of distances and if the ball isnt active before it hits the rnaged/melee grp after each bounce we seemed to be doing it right. 20 yrds isnt a huge distance if the tank is on the other side of the boss Id say thats about another 10 yrds from ranged which means hes still in range for spare heals and saves from the healers in the ranged grp. What I felt was really killing us or really hard for the healers to handle was managing the dispells while taking dmg from the ball.

The ball shares its dmg between the people it hits http://www.wowhead.com/spell=104605 the range is 20 yrds apparently so staying loosley stacked should work, the problem is that it increases its dmg every time the ball bounces not just on the P2 for the boss by 5% but the amount of dmg done to the people it hits by 20% as well. Making it harder for the healers to keep everyone topped up for dispelling as the number of bounces gets higher. Thats probably why we were loosing a good few ranged during the first phase, would have been nice to have another druid healer in the range stack to swamp them with AoE heals constantly while a shammy tops them off and dispels.

Notice both the stacking says 20 yrd and the AoE dmg from the void diffusion says 20 yrds ....I wonder if this is a mistake as Vrug obv didnt take dmg all the time from void diffusion when it was hitting melee...... either that or Im just confused and my reasoning is all wrong (its been known to happen :P ).
Tan

Post by Tan »

Just droodling and thinking out loud for HC Pingpong (10)

Start, First Light phase:
Red -> T, H, 2D
Blue -> 2H, 4D (claw will spawn here)

First Black phase:
Blue -> T, H, 2D (1D cleave on boss and claw)
2D designed for the FLAILs, rest of D start on EYE3, then fade out
grp1: H, 2D to north star
grp 2: H, 2D to south star
kill FLAILs first, then kill EYEs from middle towards outer edge

Following Light phases:
kill remaining eyes
Blue -> T, H, 2D (boss is already there)
Red -> 2H, 4D

Rinse repeat

Move out @ 5 5 5 5
Dispell only when debuffed person ran out 10y
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis