[DRAGON SOUL] Ultraxion

Strategies for DS.
Gladion

Re: [DRAGON SOUL] Ultraxion

Post by Gladion »

About enha and soaking hour of twilight..
Elitist Jerks wrote:It is possible for us to soak these, but to do so we need a barrier over our heads and we need to pop Shamanistic Rage.

..and ofc using my full gear there would help too. ;)
In regione caecorum rex est luscus.
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

Nice reference for who has what cooldowns for soaking

http://www.wowpedia.org/Ultraxion#Heroi ... f_Twilight
Tan

Post by Tan »

Ok.
I have to confess.
Yesterday i jumped into the raid (still fully suited up!), slapping a big "experrrrriment"-sticker on Ultraxions's forehead, treating all 24 of u as fuzzy little guinea pigs :p

After defeating the monstrous Entrance Boss and scraping the last few fill-ups (tx Ozzy, Lux, Rrrrrro and Aphis-brother-on-standby), we had a few really nice and enlightening attempts.
I may have not answered all the awesome suggestions that came in whispers at the time but i did read them all (yes Adjoint and Emsky Bob, even those pesky comments from Khary in Tankchannel :p ).

My last raid set-up looked like this:

1. Alae - Brrrrave - Khary - Vrrrrrug - Fungi (-> replaced by V in second cycle)
2. Lith - Rrrrrommie - Elu - Galth - Adjoint (-> replaced by Flutter in second cycle)
3. Tan - Rrrrrubes - Temp - Caire - Bambam Rrrrrubbles (-> replaced by G in second cycle)

(boy u should see this setup and the changes to it in yesterday's scribble book...)

But it's not a viable set up for a full completed raid as the mages and chickens from the first cycle would not have been off cd yet.
So we threw our fuzzy little guinea pigs in a few trials which turned out great and would be worth using in our next attempts:

If we have Disco's: having a disco using Barrier with 4 other defenseless raiders (shammies if really needed?).
If we have Warriors and Protadins: using Wall and Divine Guardian with 4 other defenseless raiders OR raiders with a loooooong defensive cd.
I threw in quite a few healers in the soaking mix but they should preferably stay out when we get further than a 2-cycle raid as they'll loose their much appreciated crystal buffs. Or "use 'm" in an early grp, soaking only ones. (tx Temp and Rrrrrubes for the awesome soaking though).

We got him to 47%, 2-cycles worth, though still far from completion and enrage.

Tx aswell to those daddies with sleepless babies to hang on in there (Aphis, Fungi, Bambam Rrrrubbles).

More suggestions are highly welcome, so chop chop, and "Mekkit Caeuwnn!" (damn u Scottish vowels!)

No high art design to go with this post though, sorry.
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

I think if we have the healers soaking early they'd still be able to pick up crystalslater in the fight, so maybe have them soak the first one then start your group rotations?

Also something I mentioned, if we have a similar group to yesterday (3 priests, you and Vrug), you could switch to heals as you have a soak and Vrug's shield wall cd is significantly shorter, I can switch to shadow, which gives us another dispersion soak. I'll tinker a little with my shadow gearset this evening to get a feel of how much dps I can get out to check if its really worthwhile.

I think our main concern at present is getting throught the phases and finding a good soaking pattern rather than worrying abotu dps just yet or?
Meow.

Tan

Post by Tan »

I wasn't worrying about dps at all yesterday, u're right about that. But i WAS hesitant to call upon off specs just yet :)
We are in a progression raid after all. Thats why i didn't switch u out to be an extra sprits on the fight.
And, with all the more damage in HC, i was also hesitant to chuck all the healers in the first soaker grp. With all the healers pushing the button already at the start, i had to use all my cd's to survive the first few seconds... But we could include a "healer soaker grp" in a next try?

Also, for the first time in a very... verrrrrrry long time, we had healers galore! That's why Lith and me were tanking.

But it's noted down for a next try!

Finding a good soaking pattern will idd be our ticket to success. But it all depends on the night itself and who signs up for it...
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Rotkwa

Post by Rotkwa »

According to books I should be able to live if nether protection kicks in (i need to take some damage before the HoT hits to activate it) so on my one try i must have been too late to get aoe tick before big hit. Will test next time.
Ilsevele

Post by Ilsevele »

I think our major concern is we don't know which 25 people will be raiding. And this is one fight that encourages very heavy stacking on 25-man with rogues, hunters, shadow priests...

If we get past 5 minute mark with 22-25 people alive than we think about improving our dps.

Other than that:

Fading Light is the same mechanic as in normal, however, you have much greater chance of debuff lasting only 5-6 secs in hc.

Maybe we should try to learn cd/soaking rotation and do a couple of tries without dps and work on our survivability.
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

As you can see in the link posted above, mages can spec fire to get Cauterize. It'll mean they'll need hard healing immediately after, but they'll survive. That's on a 2min cooldown, so they can soak more often.

Drawback: Switching to fire will require a respec (I don't have a firespec at the moment) and some rework on addons AND a reforge, because fire and arcane reforges are very far apart.

Option even less viable: Spec frost to get double iceblock, but dps will suffer lots (noone in his right mind will raid frost). Drawback mentioned above still applies.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Firik

Post by Firik »

If a war tank is around to pop shield wall i think it is, an enh sham can pop stoneclaw totem (if glyphed) and sham rage and survive without any loss of dps or even rotation.

Firik