[DRAGON SOUL] Ultraxion

Strategies for DS.
Sarri

Re: [DRAGON SOUL] Ultraxion

Post by Sarri »

Well I can confirm the Barkskin macro works a treat. On our best try (Try 9 in the log) I had an uptime of around 70% on it, given the reduction to the CD granted by LDoA Thrall buff by starting in bear form. So its worth doing for a feral. Of course this means a prepot is useless for me, as I practically do nothing for fear of overaggro until Thrall gets his ass into gear... :?

The duration of the fight means I only have a chance to Beserk twice, and since we never reached the 2nd Beserk point, I didnt get a chance to pot for it :?

I feel terribly gimped manglespamming :( but when I do manage to get to that 2nd Beserk, it should pick me up to over 22k dps, which is pretty ok for me in my current gear for a manglespam. Any RF or other upgrades should just improve on that.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

I know Sarri, positioning on this fight and some forced spec changes are gimping some of our best dps. All you guys that require to be behind a boss are gonna feel P'd off (I know I would).

Post me that macro your talking about plz I think its the one to bind bark skin to mangle ? Im useless with macro's unless someone spells them out for me :roll:

Anyway I think we did really well last night things people need to watch out for is basically popping 'Heroic Will' too early on the 'Fading Light' debuff, plus making sure we have our soakers up to full health and that they stay in the Twilight realm for 'Hour of Twilight' to soak the dmg. Im not sure how we were managing to trigger 'Twilight Eruption' when we have the soakers up afaik its triggered if theres no one in the twilight realm (which shouldnt happen cos we have soakers) upon 'Hour of Twilight' or after the 6 mins enrage.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

I am more concerned with the issues people seem to have with the timing of his various abilities. Regardless of what DBM does or doesnt show...

Hour of Twilight is a 5 second long CAST. Make sure you can see a cast bar (Quartz, Pitbull, etc) for Ultraxion and when the castbar is midway, click the 911 button/macro.

Fading Light is a DEBUFF placed ON YOU. It will have a countdown of between 5 to 10s and it VARIES. Make sure in your modded interfaces your debuffs are clearly visibile, make a power aura countdown for it, anything you need to focus your attention on how long you have left till exploding... Click your 911 button at 2-3s left and you win.

This is not hard to do, if I can manage the timing with my latency issues, you really have no excuse...
Taken from another thread because I thought it might also be useful here, Thnx Sarri
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

Written from memory so dont copy/paste cos the brackets are probably wrong

Code: Select all

/cast Mangle (cat)
/cast Barkskin
Just link the proper spells in the macro interface from your spell book.
Barkskin is off the GCD so it doesnt interfere with anything. One press sets both off when Barkskins CD is up, or just mangle when it isnt. Should work for Bear mangle too, tho I dont think its advisable if the bear is going to soak Twilight at all.
Bravebeard

Post by Bravebeard »

Lith, this macro works both in cat and bear form:

#showtooltip
/cast [stance:1] Mangle(Bear Form)
/cast [stance:3] Mangle(Cat Form)
/cast barkskin
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

Next time I want to try the following with the healing crystals:

Red (+healing) : raid healers (currently on tank healers)
Green (heals splash to raid) : tank healers (currently on raid healers)
Blue (+haste, -mana cost) : whoever's left.

The reasons being: (i) tank healing doesn't seem to be overly challenging, (ii) raid healing is needed throughout the fight and not just from halfway point. Having boosted raid heals from early on might reduce the healing stress until later phases, by which time the green buff should help compensate. Assigning it as we have so far seems like we're doubling up on abilities (e.g. tank healers heal harder) rather than spreading them to best deal with the overwhelming AoE damage, which I think this arrangement might.

Comments?
Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

Templaar wrote:Next time I want to try the following with the healing crystals:

Red (+healing) : raid healers (currently on tank healers)
Green (heals splash to raid) : tank healers (currently on raid healers)
Blue (+haste, -mana cost) : whoever's left.

The reasons being: (i) tank healing doesn't seem to be overly challenging, (ii) raid healing is needed throughout the fight and not just from halfway point. Having boosted raid heals from early on might reduce the healing stress until later phases, by which time the green buff should help compensate. Assigning it as we have so far seems like we're doubling up on abilities (e.g. tank healers heal harder) rather than spreading them to best deal with the overwhelming AoE damage, which I think this arrangement might.

Comments?
I didn't really find the raid healing that stressful until his Instability goes mental near the 5 min mark. I'm not a main healer nor am I that good, but that was just my point of view. The haste buff on anyone with an aoe heal that doesn't have a CD is out of this world, my PoH casts were going out at Flash heal speeds.

Maybe it would be better to have specific healer use the blue buffs because that seems to be when we really need more aoe heals at a faster rate as it may prove to be more beneficial?
Meow.

Caireann

Post by Caireann »

What I have meant yesterday Temp, is to switch mid fight - since paladins are the best aoe healers atm, and have use of beacon anyway - keep them on raid healing UNTIL the green spawns, and then start healing the tanks. But... It doesn't really matter who heals the tank up to that point, there's little going on... in the end, yes, we would like to have pallies on the tank cause whatever they heal it will splash into raid and we will need that esp during the last minute.

I didn't think we were doing it the other way round throughout the fight?
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

Healing wise, its the raid damage that's the problem. I haven't seen any issues keeping tanks alive when they're pressing buttons appropriately. Last night the tanks healers seemed to be raid healing mostly anyway with the red buff, and that seemed a potent combination. Clearly tanks don't need 2 healers with double healing buffs. Plus when raid healing with the green buff, I've never noticed the tank need any particular attention from me and was raid healing mostly anyway.

Thus I would argue that 2 strong raid healers should take red and stay on raid, helping keep everyone up for the duration. The tank healers stay on the tank, but grab green when it pops so their tank spamming will also help raid healing further.

I think its worth a try.
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

Something that I'd like to try out next time is this:

Near the end of the fight there will be a raidwide buff called Timeloop. This brings the player back to full health instead of killing him. The buff fades after it's 'used', but it's cast several times during the fight. I'd like to make a nice big icon for myself to show when I have the buff, if the buff is there, I do not need to switch to the normal realm on Hour of Twilight and thus can stay out to dps.

Advantages: Moar dps, I work as a soaker, I won't need any healing since I'll be brought back to 100%. If it works this could also be used by the entire raid to up rdps a bit still.
Disadvantages: Ehmm.. I'll probably die if it doesn't work (although as a firemage I also have Cauterize which might save me).

Any input of people that may already have tried this ?

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.