[DRAGON SOUL] Hagara the Stormbinder

Strategies for DS.
Tan

Re: [DRAGON SOUL] Hagara the Stormbinder

Post by Tan »

Just to share the refinement on positioning everyone on Haggy, in case someone else has more input on how to improve positioning:
(mixing melee and ranged more on the Lightning Phase, instead of grping melee and ranged)

if we have Red closest to portal, then anti-clockwise Blue, Green, Pink:

Red: melee and slow casters (ele shammies, hunters) --> these will be finishing off the add, while everyone runs into place
Blue: tank and melee (DKs, rogue, warriors) --> add will be dragged towards this
Green: melee (pallies, kitties and shammies), self-heal casters (sprits) and dotters (chicken, locks)
Pink: ranged blinkers (mages)

Just to give u an idea, this was the setup where we got Haggy to 15% BEFORE the nerf, the melee add going down the quickest.

We still needed 8 healers AFTER the nerf to heal comfy enough on the Frost phase though... 8... I'm not really sure how we can improve that part since we already lack healers...
We had Syrah as our only dispeller, which seemed to work out fine aswell.

All ideas are welcome!

EDIT: To make the healing a bit easier on the frost phase, i also suggest maybe for ranged + healers to stack on the red marker at the start of the frost phase to avoid the ice walls AND to run in as a closer bundled grp for aoe heals.

And i had some fun:
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Tan

Post by Tan »

Just to give all a heads up:

We tried the Holding Hands achiv with 20 people, having a perfect circle covering 3/4th of it, but we didn't get the achiv. So far i only found one post on forums, saying u have to be 25 in order to get it. Case proven. Shame, we would've gotten it otherwise.

(http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=6175 ... s#comments)

Best way to go is doing the achiv with 2 grps of 10 man, next time we're people short.

Oh, and dismissing pets and totems :)
ImageImage
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

To respond to the questions about when the achievment pops, its exactly after its done, it does not trigger whne Haggara dies.

Source: Icy Veins
"The achievement triggers as soon as the final conductor is destroyed. You do not need to kill the boss, which is good news for raids who want to get the achievement but not kill the boss on Normal mode."
http://www.icy-veins.com/hagara-the-sto ... d-strategy
Tan

Post by Tan »

Having done more reading and discussing, i'm more and more convinced that the IV's strats (half circle aligning) are wrong. The achiv itself states "while all raid members are part of the final Lightning Conduit". Which to me seems like we have to have all 25 people together as a grp in between the 3rd and last conductors, and NOT between the 2nd and last like IV suggests...
This would require MAJOR group hugging and running and might explain why the other 25-man-guilds are doing it as a 10-man... (we could stick to 25 instead of breaking up in 10 though)

Can anyone else confirm?
ImageImage
Tan

Post by Tan »

Just trying to keep up to date here as i haven't been on any of the 10-man HC nights for this fight and it seems like the strats for the 10-man version are still not agreed upon.

If i understood correctly, the major difference from 25-man lies in the lightning phase where our tactic started out as 2Mdps running clockwise and 2 other Mdps running anti-clockwise (shut up!) to link the lightning beams. This seemed to work as on your first tries u all got Haggis till about 8%?

The huge problem still was handling the Ice Lances, which caused most of the wipes.

Last time i got rolled, i heard about changes in tactics, but not on the part that needed change (the Ice Lance problem), but on the part that already had a well working strategy (how to handle the Lightning Phase)...

To lessen a bit of Moolly's burden: of the raiders that attempted these tries, any suggestions?

Please also post any changes in tactics in here so i can pick up where we left :)
Don't be shy to show your artistic skills either ;)
ImageImage
Vrugdush
Officer

Post by Vrugdush »

When we killed her we used four different zones for the Lightning Conduit. We had all healers in the center, not running. Four people, including the tank (obviously) stayed with the elemental until it died, and then split off with two going in each direction. The remaining three people were already positioned further along the circle, to take over propagating the charge half way through. That way, the original "conductors", who had taken quite a beating on the job, could run to the center and be healed up safely. The exception was the tank, who had to keep running the full half (!) circle, to keep a healer from having to run.

So, to sum it up, the healers don't run, the tank runs half the circle, and the DPS a quarter.

The Ice Lances were still a problem, but in the end I believe we just improvised and made everyone responsible for getting them. Take three stacks if you don't have any, and lose them if you do.
Tan

Post by Tan »

For the 3 H here in Lightning Phase:

H1 should focus on the tank with his 2 companions, so the whole right side (red-pink-green),
H2 should focus on the 2 dps that start running on the left side (red-blue),
H3 should focus on the 2 dps that end running on the left side (blue-green).

All H mix these heals with aoe heals to heal themselves.

Positioning of the 3H (brown dots)
Orange arrows are running dps
Red arrow is tank that does the whole half circle

We had a couple of nice tries but started our evening a bit too late to get her down. She's still such a pain in the...
ImageImage