[DRAGON SOUL] Hagara the Stormbinder

Strategies for DS.
Syrah

Re: [DRAGON SOUL] Hagara the Stormbinder

Post by Syrah »

http://www.cannotbetamed.com/2012/02/02 ... hagara-25/

Mainly for resto druids but still has some nice tips for all.

Ii thought this was particularly interesting:
When Frostflake is dispelled it leaves a patch on the ground that slows the movement speed of anyone who runs through it. Because of this, any melee who gets this debuff should run into the watery entrenchment before they are dispelled, as it does not leave a frost patch in there.
Make sure you can see both the Frostflake and Watery Entrenchment debuffs on your raid frames. Only dispel when both are present.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Nice find Syrah, you just have to be aware that the person dropping the frost flake debuff will take a fair amount of dmg when they dip into the watery entrenchment, as long as healers are aware of that and believe they can heal those trying to drop the debuff by dispelling quickly and healing them up until they get back out of entrenchment then thats fine. Just have to keep in mind tho you guys are going to be going at it fairly all out keeping the ranged up who are standing full time in the watery entrenchment. This is why I said you can either drop it on the very outer rim (healers travelling with the melee should be the ones to dispel saving the centre healing team from splitting their attention and also they should be able to see when the debuffed person is in a good position for dispelling), or dip into the centre as suggested to avoid the frost patch that slows people from spawning all together.

BTW heres the video Ive been taking all my strategies from http://www.learntoraid.com/2012/01/25/h ... 25-heroic/ we did try the plus method for overloading the conduits a few times but we didnt seem to be getting the hang of it in the 3 or so attempts that we tried, maybe we need more practice or maybe what works for us is just what we already know, time will tell.
Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

Just a thought, but WHEN we do this on normal, maybe we should start using the Heroic tactics? In my opinion, if we cant heal through watery entranchment and get positioning correct on normal then how are we going to do it on heroic? Better to practice on heroic of course, but I mean when we switch to normal, it makes more sense to me to get used to the heroic tactics when healing is less severe etc.
Meow.

Syrah

Post by Syrah »

ICE PHASE
This is why I said you can either drop it on the very outer rim (healers travelling with the melee should be the ones to dispel saving the centre healing team from splitting their attention and also they should be able to see when the debuffed person is in a good position for dispelling
Couple of points on this from last nights tries.

1.The debuffs are getting dropped/cleansed on the outside but when that is parallel to an icicle circle you can't get past and the ice wave will catch and kill you once you are slowed/ or knocked back.

2.As a healer cleansing is a nightmare if you are outside the circle as you cannot concentrate on healing, looking where the person debuffed is, watching where you are going and where the ice wall is all at the same time.

Maybe we can try the 'cannot be tamed' tactics where all healers are inside so aoe heals on the ranged will increase and just cleanse/heal the people with the two debuffs when they pop onto the circle to get their debuff removed. The fact that they get a second debuff is a nice easy visual clue on your frames when exactly to cleanse and saves you looking around to find the player. We can still designate healers to carry out this task.
It would make it easier for healers and you'd know when someone was safe for cleansing when the second debuff pops on your raid frames. Also no patch of slowing ice for melee to avoid.
The melee will not require much healing in this phase. In my experience, they’re either at safe levels of health or dead because they’ve clipped an Ice Wave.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Sounds good hun provided the melee dipping in and out of watery entrenchment isnt going to stress the healing too much :). The entrenchment debuff popping up for frostflake dispelling is a good tactic to use nicely spotted there syrah :)

I think the initial, getting all the ranged and healers into the centre on the phase change is causing us problems tho. Every time the healers and ranged have had to run in they have started dropping like flys, is it a lack of enough AoE heals, the ever problematic healing on the move or the ranged being too spread out as they try to reach the centre for AoE healing, we really dont want to loose people trying to get into position. Ive not had any experiance on the stacking in the middle bit since Im always with the melee so Im not sure what problems you guys encounter there.
Tan

Post by Tan »

Actually, i like Cho's idea of trying these tacts out on Normal mode. The HC tactics are so much more different from the Normal one, it almost feels like a different boss.
And it WOULD be a good test to see if our healers CAN actually heal through the drowning debuff...
Melee could also try to dip into the bubble once in a while to see if we (as a healer) can easily spot them and have enough time and mana to debuff them while spamming our aoe heals.
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

Melee could also try to dip into the bubble once in a while to see if we (as a healer) can easily spot them and have enough time and mana to debuff them while spamming our aoe heals
Well they won't have the frostflake debuff on them but we could look out of for the water entrenchment debuff popping up on melee and pretend to dispel.
Fluttermouse

Post by Fluttermouse »

Another thought for this coming week, based on attempts this week. Before starting the trash by clicking on the orb it might be an idea to practice positioning for the lightning phase. Assign positions, have people plastered all over the ring (as will be the case during the fight) then yell go and see what the resulting plus sign looks like 5-10 seconds later. Practicing that setup in the room a few times while it's empty should make it a lot easier to get the positioning right during the fight.
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

Since positioning is key (and it went a lot better yesterday already), I had an idea for positioning yesterday. Maybe we can use the smoke flares to determine positions, since you only need 2 people (1 with flares) to mark all positions. Set range to 8 and bunnyhop while dropping flares on the spot the other person is at.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Rotkwa

Post by Rotkwa »

Which then we can screenie and remember positions relative to floor tile pattern. ;)