[DRAGON SOUL] Madness of Deathwing

Strategies for DS.
Adjoint

Re: [DRAGON SOUL] Madness of Deathwing

Post by Adjoint »

I'd like to add that Time Zone does not add haste buff or reduce the damage you take. Thus there is no reason to stack on it while corruption is up. It's better to spread out to minimize the raid damage.

A little tip for ranged classes with good dots. You can efficiently (meaning little to no damage loss from movement) dot two of the DWs body parts on some platforms by positioning cleverly. Would also note that dots are exceptionally good in this fight and keep them rolling on everything.
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

2% !! TWO PERCENT !

Reason why we wiped on the last try is (in my opinion) the fact that dps wasn't doing what they were supposed to do on the 2nd add phase on the last platform. First add phase we kill the adds no problems and return to the head... this is good. Then the 2nd add phase comes and we suddenly don't have all dps switching to the adds, so they are up too long and start eating up the tanks and the rest of the raid consequently. If we would have had all dps switching to adds (like on the first pair of adds) then the adds would've been down.. and we would have now cleared DragonSoul.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

Fungi wrote:2% !! TWO PERCENT !

Reason why we wiped on the last try is (in my opinion) the fact that dps wasn't doing what they were supposed to do on the 2nd add phase on the last platform. First add phase we kill the adds no problems and return to the head... this is good. Then the 2nd add phase comes and we suddenly don't have all dps switching to the adds, so they are up too long and start eating up the tanks and the rest of the raid consequently. If we would have had all dps switching to adds (like on the first pair of adds) then the adds would've been down.. and we would have now cleared DragonSoul.

A.
I have to agree with Fungi here, 1st adds went down fast, when I switched on 2nd adds I was a little shocked at how slow the health bars were going down.

I'd also like to reiterate what Fungi said last night, 5% may look awesome, but its still xx million hp, its still a lot to burn through.

In all honesty this week's DS has been pretty sloppy in general imo. (not saying I did any better)
Meow.

Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

My first time tanking there, Ive healed LFR DW loads and I think I tanked it once tho its pretty much a blur and I dont remember things like extra adds and shrapnel etc. Steep learning curve for me, I had a rough idea what I was meant to do, should have looked or asked for a bit more info on the ysera buff button (the save ysera gives us all) might have helped me survive longer on that last platform with those horrible big adds. I agree with fungi tho, those adds are absolutley lethal to the tanks, think about it guys we're your first line of defense if you hang us out to dry then your next :lol:

Also Im pretty clueless when it comes to pally healers but I saw plenty of Hand of Sacrifice when taking implales but I didnt notice any while we were tanking those same adds on the last platform, is there a reason ? maybe I just missed it since it was pretty hectic.
Rotkwa

Post by Rotkwa »

There was instruction (before the pull) to switch to boss after first set of adds is down, perhaps that caused confusion reguarding the second set.
Bravebeard

Post by Bravebeard »

DW dies on a Sunday
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

Not if I'm there he won't.
Tan

Post by Tan »

Bravebeard wrote:DW dies on a Sunday
I insist.
Big T attending or not!
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Rotkwa

Post by Rotkwa »

No ponies for you. Die DW die!
Daegranos

Post by Daegranos »

Templaar wrote:Not if I'm there he won't.
You better roll extremely low for our sake. :D