[DRAGON SOUL] Warmaster Blackhorn

Strategies for DS.
Lithasola

Re: [DRAGON SOUL] Warmaster Blackhorn

Post by Lithasola »

Its about working as a team guys, Ive stated that they aren't priority but if all of them get through then the ship will take too much dmg. I want us to aim for about 50% being soaked. Like fungi said if theres one landing in amongst a grp of us then stack up for it, if its landing too far away from then dont. I know what you mean tho brave everyone has to realise that its no good standing beside it when others move in your just tricking them into thinking they are gonna be fine to soak when they arent. Also if you have a dmg reduction ability thats on a short cooldown then use it, if not then save it for the big onslaughts.
Garfunkle

Post by Garfunkle »

Fungi wrote:I think the small puddles can mainly be ignored. As I said yesterday in RL channel: "It's not a matter of move into it, more of a matter of don't move out of it". In other words, if a small puddle is right next to you, you can sidestep to get into it, but if it's more than 10y away, don't bother with it. The big puddles and the sappers is where it's at. I don't know at what percentage the ship was yesterday when we killed him though, so it may have been a close call. In that case small puddles may get more important :)
That was mainly my attitude to the small swirls during that fight. If it was either on me, or right next to me I was soaking but wasn't bothering running for them.

One thing that I did notice was that during a lot of the earlier attempts after the first onslaught I was generally one of the few people back in my zone so I couldn't absorb them all or I would be permanently just healing myself.

1 person can soak with no problem, providing they are on 90%+ health and they get a heal straight after it. Pretty much all of the ones I soaked were soaked by me alone.

As for the health of the ship on the kill shot Fungi, I'm pretty certain it was on less than 25% when the boss landed and I'm pretty sure it was about 17% when he died.
Garfunkle has been slain by a Chubby Purple Unicorn.
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

From the PTR:
Dragon Soul

Warmaster Blackhorn
The visual warning for Twilight Elites' Blade Rush should be easier to see.
Hoorah!
Fluttermouse

Post by Fluttermouse »

If we do decide to go for deck defender on this (given Elu reckoned we were close last night) then probably the main thing to watch out for is the fact you usually have one (or two?) small swirlies at the same time as the main onslaught swirly. It's not possible to soak both small swirly and onslaught at this point, so it needs someone in the area with the small swirly to stay and soak that rather than everyone ignoring and blindly rushing for the onslaught one.
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

We were very very close. Like literally 1 or 2 hits only. I know I ended up soaking a small one during the big one by mistake, so its doable for a few people to stay out I think. If we do this with a full 25 again I think we should go for it.
Tan

Post by Tan »

TONIGHT! WE DIE IN FIRE!

Since there is this very small possibility that we're munching on Blacky HC tonight, i'm just summing up the base strats as from Icy Veins:

Preference goes to a lot of Rdps (sorry melees).

Phase 1
Order of importance is still Sapper>Drakes>M.adds
1. Lots of fire patches!
2. Lots of fire patches that we can do NOTHING about than to run away from. So put on your running shoes and drink lots of caffeine!
3. Every little Twilight Barrage patch needs to be soaked by at least 2 people. They'll get a 15 sec debuff from it, so no soaking twice in a row. (3 soakers with each a debuff can survive though)
Everything else like in Normal mode, but loads more running.

Phase 2
1. At start: Mdps on Boss, Rdps on Goriana till she lands @80%.
2. Goriana lands, OT picks up Goriana (facing her away, 2T stack), and EVERYONE (including Mdps) stacks up to nuke Goriana and AOE heals through all the shit. Heroism at landing.
(Goriana puts a Consuming Shroud debuff on a random player that turns a heal into damaging the raid, but we'll just heal through this as a first tactic)
3. Goriana flies back up @20%, EVERYONE nukes Blacky like in normal.

The end.

Funfun!

I'd say, if this turns into a 10-man, to experiment whether we need 2 or 3H. Most forums say 2H as we need the firepower but 3H might be nice to work on strats a little more...

Icy Veins for more detailed blabla: http://www.icy-veins.com/warmaster-blac ... d-strategy
or watch some vids on ze Tube!
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Tan

Post by Tan »

Just for future reference, we worked our way to these settings for ph1 (we didn't get to ph2 yet, as predicted ^^)
We had 2T, 2H, 5Rdps, 1Mdps.

THIS IS A SHIP

We assigned couples into their areas, 1H+1D in yellow, 1H+1D in purple, 1T+1D in green, 1T+1D in blue and 2D in red.

Each couple ran to the first Tw. Barrage (small puddle) in their area, ignoring the next puddles in their area till their debuff wore off. (yes ignoring small puddles).

All ran to the big puddle, the 2T ran to the small puddles that appeared at the same time.

Even ignoring some puddles, the ship went down to 40% after the second mob pack (one to go till ph2) so it should be doable without the ship exploding (we did get all the sappers though, prio!).
We tried soaking ALL the small puddles but we gave that up quickly.

The overall fire was not near as bad as i expected, the small puddles was the tricky part but we kinda got the hang of it nearing the end of our wipefest.

Worth to try again next Monday?

We also had a couple of Rdps run all the way up to the high platform at the back of the ship to start dps-ing the drake on the tank-side as soon as the fight started. Up to the dps to decide for themselves if they thought it would matter, or just stay downstairs.

PS. i didn't bother explaining ph2 as i kinda expected we wouldn't get there. So no tacts formed on that part...
ImageImage
Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

Tan wrote:
THIS IS A SHIP
A rocket ship? :D
Meow.

Tan

Post by Tan »

Some scribbling about ph2, i suggest we start out with this strat and work from there:

Tanks
Blacky
Goriana
Ranged position 1 & 2
First, 3rd, 5th... shockwave
Second, 4th, 6th... shockwave

1. ph2 starts like in normal, Blacky drops, MT picks up Blacky, standing on the stairs
2. Rdps start nuking Goriana, all stacked on yellow patch1, all aoe heals
3. Goriana lands @80%, OT picks up Goriana, standing on top of MT, tanks still switch @2 stacks!
4. EVERYONE nukes Goriana till she flies away @20%, heroism!
5. Goriana casts debuff (Consuming Shroud) on random member, ignore this, just aoe heal all
6. When Blacky shockwaves towards Rdps in patch1, the whole grp runs to yellow patch2. Shockwave again, grp runs back to patch1. Rinse repeat kill.

Funfun?

I won't be around this Monday, so if u try it out, change tactics, pls mention it in here!
And ofc, all comments welcome!
ImageImage
Bravebeard

Post by Bravebeard »

Seemed like a good strat. I would think perhaps bring 3H for the learning phase, there is a fair bit of splat before we figure stuff out, and mobs did seem to go down fast enough.

Also having a DK is a nice bonus, I think we only managed the sappers now because of Vrug being fast charging and stunning.