[FIRELANDS] Shannox

Strategies for Firelands.
Fagan

[FIRELANDS] Shannox

Post by Fagan »

Some pre-emptive guides for firelands so we are all prepared, this is from the PTR's but things shouldn't change too much.

http://www.learntoraid.com/2011/06/05/s ... 25-normal/

'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Caireann

Re: [FIRELANDS] Shannox

Post by Caireann »

Updated version since bossfight on live had some changes.
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

http://www.icy-veins.com/shannox-detailed-strategy

Because I like to read through the strats as well as view a video.
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

I came across this really nice written guide for shannox, written by a tank for tanks...

Check it out: http://sunnierbear.blogspot.com/2011/07 ... guide.html

Lith, check the header... awww cuuuute :P
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

LMAO @ header :lol: its nate !

Right couple of things that puzzled the tanks last night, the issue with Riplimb not getting caught in the trap at some points, well looks like if he runs over a fire trap first he gets a buff called 'Wary' or some such that stops him being caught in any traps for a while.

Last attempt of the night where we had almost killed Riplimb then he and the boss went nuts, we tanked them too far appart and the buff called 'Separation anxienty' kicked in. 60yrd is the max distance more than that and your seriously buffing thier dps or maybe its just the dogs not sure there but Zimos did go down first.

Also I wasnt paying attention to Alaedons movement too much (well I was following him around keeping HoT's up but I wasnt looking at the whys and wherefors of his movements) were you just tanking the dog on the other side of traps or were you doing the whole tank at max distance wait for the graphic of where the spear was about to land and running back towards the boss with the dog before the spear lands ? makes sense since this effectively doubles the distance the dog has to run to retrieve the spear as well as giving the oppertunity to trap it. Apologies if you were already doing this hun as I said I wasnt watching your positioning too much just making sure you were in range for my HoT's.
Fluttermouse

Post by Fluttermouse »

I have to admit I'm a little worried about the amount of time it takes to down riplimb.

Here's the problem - rageface is dead, shannox is on 35% health and riplimb seems to be caught in crystal prison for 10 seconds out of every 30 seconds yet is still approx 50% health at this point. i.e. the (enrage? DBM was giving me a 3 minute warning last night) timer is ticking and there are large periods with nothing sensible to dps.

IMO need to either move people onto riplimb sooner or have 2-3 dps on him the entire time. I know we've only barely been reaching p3 to start with, but it seems we're wasting a lot of damage time that we'll need.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

I would like to see riplimb going down faster but if the tanks have stacks of jagged tear and its getting unmanagable to heal then he needs to either be trapped or as I said do the thing where u run back to the boss so hes running twice the distance to reach the spear, then it may not even be nessecary to trap him if the debuff on tanks falls off purely through the time spent running around on riplimbs part.

Im still at work just now I'll C&P the part that makes me suspect its possible to do it without always trapping the dog once I get home.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Hopefully your Jagged Tear stacks will fall off by the time Riplimb brings the spear back. If they don't consistently do so, then you might need to call for a crystal trap on Riplimb or use two tanks on Shannox
This to me implys that your not using crystal trap every time the spear is thrown, only when its required to drop the stacks on the tanks, so nukage on riplimb should only be getting interupted when tanks really need to drop the stacks.
Mahmoud

Post by Mahmoud »

yep as lith said ... from wot I read it says that the correct way 2 tank riplimb is not by moving him through crystal traps (coz it makes him immune 2 damage 4 sometime) specially in the riplimb burn phase ... but the thing is moving him near shannox when he hurls the spear will make him travel the distance twice thus reseting the stacks & not slowing down dps on rip ... also ofc positioning him in the immolation trap helps on bringing him down ... honestly if every thing goes right we shudn't need melee 2 go on riplimb coz tbh running behind him is just a waste of time that wud have been spent wisely dpsing shannox but ofc it's something that we need 2 do if still the puppy doesn't go down on time ...

also having pre determined spots 4 shan & rip might b a good idea ... there shudn't b a need 4 moving shannox much ... dps shud keep their eyes open ... adjusting & rotating him a bit , moving a little is needed ... and moving rip in the occasional immo trap near by is all that's needed ... apart ofc from moving rip near shan on the hurl spear ability ..

also this video explains alot hope it's usefull
Mahmoud

Post by Mahmoud »

also .... can't belive I'm actually saying this but having a warrior on riplimb is good coz their heroic leap ability allows them 2 kite him quickly away from the spear when needed ...

also another awesome video