[FIRELANDS] Shannox

Strategies for Firelands.
Lithasola

Re: [FIRELANDS] Shannox

Post by Lithasola »

Tried explaining the 'making riplimb run twice the distance to maximise dps on it' thing to zimos and Vrug but I think I just managed to confuse them further.
Aicha

Post by Aicha »

Wouldn't it be even better to have Riplimb on the other side of Shannox from where the spear lands?
So like this: S= spear; Sh= shannox; R=Riplimb

R-----------Sh=========S

As opposed to

Sh-R==========S

I hope that makes any sense at all :)
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

It wouldnt work due to the fact that when shannox throws his spear the target on the floor is always near where Riplimb is currently being tanked. He wont throw his spear anywhere else but next to riplimb. So ur doggy tank need to tank riplimb around 50yrd from boss, keep his eyes open for the target on the floor denoting where the spear is going to land, as soon as that target appears he needs to kite the mutt (stampeding roar, heroic leap etc) back to the boss (so your not pulling the dog over the 60yrd range from boss and causing seperation anxiety). The dog will follow the tank until the spear lands then start heading back to the spear, pick it up and back to the boss. In the mean time hes being snared etc by ranged to slow him down and the doggy tank is once again taking up position approx 50 yrds from the boss.

Its basically making the dog run as far as you can while retrieving the spear allowing him to be kited through fire traps to help lower his health and reduce the need for trapping the dog in crystal traps where it cant be dps'd.
Aicha

Post by Aicha »

Thanks for clarifying that Lith :) I was a bit busy avoiding traps and flamy spiralthingies on the ground during the 4 tries I had to take a look at him.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Yes me too hun lol healing as you know isnt my first spec so to concentrate on that as well as the other RL'ery type stuff AND not stand in the traps and fire stuff meant I didnt get to see how effective the tanking was going.....but we killed him so we must have done something right :P
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

Shannox
  • Successful attacks on Rageface will now always be critical strikes while he is channeling Face Rage.
  • Players on the legendary quest Delegation should now be able to get the Dull Emberstone Focus charge off of Shannox’s spear more easily, so long as it’s placed within 50 yards of the spear.
Bravebeard

Post by Bravebeard »

any idea why

#showtoolip
/cast [@Riplimb] concussive shot

does not work?
Gladion

Post by Gladion »

Go with #showtooltip instead of #showtoolip..
In regione caecorum rex est luscus.
Bravebeard

Post by Bravebeard »

good point :)
Starwind

Post by Starwind »

I think hunters should lay down Frost Traps here for ze doggies. Might be a bit confusing, but they are smaller and much more forgiving for people to step in. :lol: