[FIRELANDS] Shannox

Strategies for Firelands.
Vitki

Re: [FIRELANDS] Shannox

Post by Vitki »

Starwind wrote:I think hunters should lay down Frost Traps here for ze doggies. Might be a bit confusing, but they are smaller and much more forgiving for people to step in.
/agree... some went down last night and they were pretty easy to spot.

Also I think it might be an idea to shrink the kiting circle for Shannox; it was quite hard last night to keep Rageface in range without a fair amount of movement and ofc... more movement = less dps.
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

This week was pretty horrid raiding wise it seems. I wasn't on the first night where we wiped endlessly on Shannox, but I was there the 2nd night where we only managed to kill him after 7 attempts or so. We really should one shot this guy.

The major problem to me (<- me !) seems that we're crap at avoiding avoidable damage. I suggested taking an extra healer in the RL channel and Seraph switched to his druid, mainly because people we're dying left and right to stuff they can avoid. I think I've seen Waters more in angelform than in normal healing form that evening, but I also saw people getting tombed on every single try. I know the frosttrap effect from hunters kinda makes the traps invisible in the white area, but after we stopped using that, people still got trapped.

My suggestion would be; stand in crap less, but since people have been saying that since we basicly started raiding 5 tiers ago, that obviously isn't working. So I suggest taking 1 more healer to compensate for people getting hit by the spearflames and or other avoidable stuff. So go with 7 and don't try with 6.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Waters

Post by Waters »

I think that's a little unfair, Fungi. I'm fully aware of my own challenges regarding spatial awareness and avoiding, and yes, Thursday night was a bad night, for me in particular, but I know I improved towards the end. I'm sorry that you were annoyed with my peformance and I'll make sure to work hard in improving.
No hay mal que por bien no venga
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

If we have them we always take 7 healers.
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

@Waters, since we we're already running a tight healer roster for that fight (since no more had signed) I noticed you being an angel more because we needed every healer we had. Rest assured you weren't the only one that was underperforming, since if we're all performing adequately we shouldn't spend 1 entire evening wiping on Shannox.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Bravebeard

Post by Bravebeard »

seems like

#showtooltip
/cast [@Riplimb] concussive shot

wont work, but like macros such as

#showtoolip
/cast [@focus] concussive shot

#showtoolip
/cast [@focus] slow

#showtoolip
/cast [@focus] frost shock

#showtoolip
/cast [@focus] mind bonk... or whatever the shady slowspell is called

Should work... many classes have ranged slows and with a macro like that it ought to be pretty simple to apply and there should always be a few people in range who happens to be turned in the right direction. just spam a couple of times and there should be no problem.
Daegranos

Post by Daegranos »

Why not try something like this

Code: Select all

/target Riplimb 
/cast concussive shot
/target Rageface
EDIT: @target or target= only works for focus or targetoftarget etc. It doesn't work for names of mobs (Riplimb or Defias cutpurse for example).