[FIRELANDS] Alysrazor (10 man - but look anyway)

Strategies for Firelands.
Bravebeard

Re: [FIRELANDS] Alysrazor (10 man - but look anyway)

Post by Bravebeard »

Thx, so first round I grab no feather and second round I go grab 2 then :)

I presume this goes for the second round of things too so that the first pile of feathers I in sadness watch despawn and then I go grab 2 when the birdy flies over and leaves a line of them.

Unless told otherwise I shall do that next go.
Moolly

Post by Moolly »

Brave your not wrong. I for one was trying to remember and was stating it on Vent when I did but the healing is a nightmare so I had forgotten to even get one on some of the goes.

I am interested in the idea of Shammies going tank healer. It was mentioned last night breifly but it was towards the end of the night.

I think this might be an idea.

Moolly
Moolly

Post by Moolly »

Maybe I should clarify. The first lot of feathers should be picked p by the melee who are going up to fly and by the tanks. If there are a few left on the ground and it is obvious they are not going to be picked up before they despawn then yes feel free to get them. But many people will take that statement as a yes grab as many feathers as you like at the beginning and leve the melee grounded.

Sorry but I say it how it is.

Moolly
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

All healers should have the tank as their priority in P1 - yes dps will take damage but the tank should be very much on your mind. Dps should be minimising the damage they take (stop laughing).

Holy Pallies (or the 2 main tank healers - no necessity it should be a shammy at all) should be assigned a remaining feather from the first molt. This will really really help them. This is all subject to everything else going as it should in P1 from the tank's pov ofc.

For Temp, Rub and Cec:
http://kurn.apotheosis-now.com/?p=1955

For Syrah, Ando, Ale:
http://www.glowbie.net/blog/2011/07/28/ ... or-10-man/
Emesis

Post by Emesis »

Syrah wrote:Dps should be minimising the damage they take (stop laughing).
Regarding tornado damage, healers really should minimise their damage too.
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

Talking about p1 Em.
Emesis

Post by Emesis »

Syrah wrote:
Talking about p1 Em.
Good point Syrah. Dps dying in P1 should go stand in a corner.
Gladion

Post by Gladion »

Emesis wrote: Good point Syrah. Dps dying in P1 should go stand in a corner.
Does it count even when getting aggro from bird after tank hugs floor? <gets to corner already>
In regione caecorum rex est luscus.
Emesis

Post by Emesis »

Gladion wrote:
Emesis wrote: Good point Syrah. Dps dying in P1 should go stand in a corner.
Does it count even when getting aggro from bird after tank hugs floor? <gets to corner already>
Then the tank should go stand in a corner!
Fluttermouse

Post by Fluttermouse »

Some damage increasing tips for hatchlings

1. Thorns
Make sure it's glyphed as it drops the CD from 45s to 25s (thorns lasts 20s). In terms of priority feral > balance > resto, with feral contributing about 8% of a tank's dps compared to resto's 4% at similar gear levels

2. Ravagers
Assuming you have frost dks or combat rogues occupied elsewhere e.g. with interrupts, one useful trick is to get your hunters to bring their ravagers to this fight and stick them on the hatchlings as they will provide a 4% physical damage debuff. It's reckoned this can shave about 10s off the lifetime of the add

3. TotT
Used for the buff not the threat. Is apparently of most use to the tank with lower dps. especially if it's a dk tank. In fact with more than one rogue available it's reckoned a dk tank should get them all, rather than some going to each tank.

4. Sunders
Unless your tank is a warrior, then getting dps to apply sunders/FF etc. on the hatchlings will obviously help them out

5. Fly less
If you're cutting it close with downing the hatchlings before the tornado phase, then DPS coming down from the skies a few seconds earlier before the tornado phase can easily pump a whole heap of damage into the hatchlings (something like 60K each?) due to the increased damage buffs they are carrying. Surviving to repeat the cycle is more important than pumping that couple of extra spells/damage abilities into the bird while it's flying.