[FIRELANDS] Beth'tilac Strategy Guide - 1st boss

Strategies for Firelands.
shammies

Re: [FIRELANDS] Beth'tilac Strategy Guide - 1st boss

Post by shammies »

@hunters

i know you guys have probably see this all ready but here is the brew hall hunters tactic guide just in case any one hasnt
clicky
Starwind

Post by Starwind »

This starts to look like a hunter thread.
Bravebeard wrote:The other hunters must aim better than me, I could never hit more than 3, which makes MS a loss :(
Same here, imo MS is not even an real AOE like our old Volley where you could mark big circle on the floor, like mages Blizzard, much easier to use as we did a lot on similar mobs in Naxx with good result, and it didnt even had a 5yd dead zone.
Bravebeard wrote:Also unless I am mistaken distracting shot does not allow us to distract stuff to our pets, sorry.
correct i quote wowwiki
It is VERY important to note that this shot has changed significantly in patch 3.0.2. It is now a taunt, and can be very dangerous if used with Misdirection. This means it forces the target to attack the hunter, ignoring its threat list, rather than generating high threat. The taunt cannot be Misdirected.
I think this is confused because hunters back in TBC were able to use this shot with MD when pulling in Gruuls lair to different tanks. Doesent work anymore. Aint gonna happen.

And its not even a real taunt. It is a distraction. All taunts bring the caster's threat up to whomever has the most threat at the time. Distracting shot just focuses attacks on the hunter for 6 seconds, then goes back to whoever it was on before. Before 4.2 mostly used to pull mobs into a freezing trap. It's arcane based and dont work on arcane immune mobs. Has an 8 sec cd so we cant spam it. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=20736/distracting-shot
shammies wrote:@hunters

i know you guys have probably see this all ready but here is the brew hall hunters tactic guide just in case any one hasnt
clicky
Apart from "AOE works great" and pet soloing spinners, I think we already are doing those things. But we cant do all at once imo.

The problem here for me is doing 4 things at once (yes i'm a guy). Slowing spiderlings and MS them is ok, a dps loss but were not suppose to do great dps in ph 1 I take it. Then distract spinners and also nuke drones. This cuts a lot of activity time and also is very confusing. Specially when all come at once.

My suggestion would be that hunters are either:
1. On Drones and nuking spinners using pet with growl and md if pet can be healed (as in Shammies link) Gives much better dps also.
2. On spiderlings and drones (not spinners because of difficulties handling distracting shots/threat when on spiderling duty).

I probably got this wrong anyway because this fight confuses me to hell. :lol:
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

2. On spiderlings and drones (not spinners because of difficulties handling distracting shots/threat when on spiderling duty).
This! As I stated in my answer to braves original post quote -
The main reason Im putting hunters is the spiderling grp is that you guys have the frost trap to slow them
As for the distracting shot thing, I had been misinformed, I dont know much about hunters so if you guys say this is wrong then fair do's Im not going to argue with you, you guys know your class :). However I would expect all the dps to be able to make intelligent desicions during this fight ie ,

1 Spiderlings up - slow and kill the buggers
2 Double drones up and no spiderlings ? - Nuke the older drone until spiderlings spawn then return to 1
3 Drone up and spinners ? can I taunt ? yes then taunt and nuke spinners, no ? nuke the drone
4 Spinners only atm ? kill em

simples really :) remember your not the only dps assigned to each mark I try to make a grp that will be able to work well together to slow and quickly kill the spiderlings, mage + hunter + DK seems to make a nice team.
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

afaik the spinners drop down when taunted. It is imperative to get them all down so they do less damage to the raid and to get tank, healers and deeps upstairs. Therefore any class with a taunt (read distracting shot) should be getting them down. This includes not only hunters, but druids, holy/ret palas, dps dks (need I continue?)

It's not a case of pulling them away somewhere, its to get them to drop.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

I think the guys are saying that the distracting shot doesnt make them come off the thread they are dangling from hun, much like my AoE taunt doesnt do a damn thing either, except make all the ones on the ground slap me around for a few secs until the dps gain thier interest again.
Starwind

Post by Starwind »

No, what I was saying is that Misdirect doesent work with Distracting shot. I think we can get them down and then just Feign Death too loose aggro, if that is ok?
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Thats fine star, the important thing is to get them off the thread they are dangling from, they do high dmg while up there but only melee for 5K when on the ground, its better to have them randomly meleeing people than randomly spitting acid at people.