Fagan

Re: [FIRELANDS] Beth'tilac Strategy Guide - 1st boss

Post by Fagan »

'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Caireann

Post by Caireann »

http://www.icy-veins.com/beth-tilac-detailed-strategy

It's worth looking at - a nice and very detailed guide also for 25man :)
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

I have an idea how to handle the little spiderlings, since we don't seem to get them down before they reach the drone.

Suppose there's 4 spawnpoints of these spiderlings (lets say north, east, south and west). We have a team of 2/3 dps that are responsible for making a "safe zone". What I mean is.. they will kill all spiderlings from, say the east spawnpoint, as soon as possible. The drone is tanked roughly in the middle, so the spiderlings from all other spawnpoints will move towards this. As soon as the 'safe zone' is created (or when the spiderlings are close (this is probably better)), the tank moves the drone to the safe zone. This will mean that all remaining spiderlings will most likely pass over the position the drone was tanked in the first place and this is the spot where everyone can lay down their AoE and roots and whatnot. Knockbacks can be used, but only away from the safe zone. This should limit the amount of spiderlings that reach the drone. As soon as the spiderlings are down, drone is taken back to the middle. "Safe zone" team takes their position again (ideally in range of drone and near spawn point) and we burn down the drone. Rinse and repeat.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.

Post by Guest »

This was written on the Tankspot site:

The Spiderlings will always come from the Northwest, Northeast and Southeast corners, which leaves the Southwest open for your downstairs tank to drag the Drones to and tank them. Your AoE DPS should be split up into 3 groups to take care of the approaching Spiderlings from each direction. If you have hunters available, or other classes capable of AoE slows, you should utilize them to maximize the time you have before the Spiderlings reach the Drones.

We assigned 3 DPS to each corner, but you might need more or less depending on the DPS your raid is capable of. All other DPS remaining downstairs should focus on killing the Drones. If a Drone does not die by the time his energy is depleted, he'll join Beth'tilac upstairs and siphon her energy, giving you less time to DPS her.

Exhyle
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Nice one Exhyle, saves me doing more trawling through the various sites. :D
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Exhyle

Post by Exhyle »

For a full overview of the fight including how to deal with mechanics:

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?76456-Beth-tilac
Fluttermouse

Post by Fluttermouse »

Having been on both the NE and SE points now as DPS, it seems to me like the drone is in the wrong place as the amount of running required for the SE point means a lot of lost DPS, but the NE point seems to down the spiderlings with plenty of room to the drone to spare. I don't know whether the same problem applies to the NW point as I haven't been on that one yet.

The big problem with the SE point is that the spiderlings walk in a straight line across the entrance (i.e. one side of a rectangle). As a moonkin this means I have to be stood at the entrance if I want to use my knockback. This positioning leaves me out of range of the spiderlings from the NE point and WAY out of range of the spinners which all come down in the north. It's definitely possible to kill your own spiderlings by staying out in this position due to the extra few seconds from the knockback in addition to the slows etc from the other dps on the point, but you're essentially then left standing round like an idiot out of range of anything to DPS - by the time you run out to somewhere useful, it's already pretty much time to run back!

The alternative is to be stood midway between the paths the spiderlings take from the NE and SE points towards the drone, but in my case, not only does this mean my knockback is useless, you still can't reach the spinners without moving, although it does become possible to DPS spiderlings coming from both the SE and NE points, once the NE ones are getting close to the centre of the room. A chance of helping to get the spinners down, but increased risk that spiderlings are going to get through from the SE because you don't get back to where you need to be in time.

Hence one reason I think we have loads of spinners coming down from the ceiling - you basically don't have enough time to move in range of the spinners to dps and then get back out for the next wave of spiderlings, and I'm not convinced those on the NE point can get both their spiderlings AND the spinners on their own (what they really need to do with the current positioning) - help from dps on other points is needed, at least at the moment. You need to get to the centre of the the room if you're in the south and that's approx range 50 from the ideal spiderling stopping point. i.e. people on the NE point can reach spinners but people on the SE don't stand much of a chance if they want to be sure of catching all their own spiderlings. It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, where you can either dps your spiderlings and stand round like a lemon for a few seconds, or pray you have enough time to run to get just one or two spells in on something else and get back in time to still be able to stop your next wave.

Would it help to move the drone in along the diagonal? (e.g. new position is halfway between SW corner and centre of room) Those on the NE point already have the longest spiderling path by quite some way. By pulling the lines in from a rectangle, you're creating less running to switch between spiderlings and other targets due to the more diagonal paths (certainly for the SE point), but the only path length to the drone you're really shortening is the one which already should have oodles of margin for error anyway. In theory it should lessen the lost dps through running quite a bit.
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

I'm not entirely sure what the issues you are having are, but I came across this in a kitty forum, posted by a top US kitty. Thought it might be of some help.
So on our 25 man kill last night I pulled bitch duty and stayed down below to help keep taunting the spinners after the rest of the melee went up. From what I saw there were 3 waves of spinners. After the last wave was taunted down they stopped spawning until Beth did here big aoe and then started all over again.

A few tips we used to get it undercontol.
- For melee going up always have the rogues and enhance shaman go first. The rest of the plate classes (and druids) can help finish taunting the rest. DK's go last because they have 2 taunts.
- Hunters can distracting shot them down.
- Have a taunt order starting with your MT's. This is to prevent 3 people wasting their tant on the same spinner.
Fluttermouse

Post by Fluttermouse »

Issue is usually a case of spiderlings getting through to boss, or an ever increasing number of spinners hanging from the roof shooting at people (or a bit of both) if any dps go upstairs. Switching time seems just too long atm to be able to take care of both given the current drone position as only one position seems to be able to get in range of hanging spinners comfortably