[FIRELANDS] Beth'tilac Strategy Guide - 1st boss

Strategies for Firelands.
Sarri

Re: [FIRELANDS] Beth'tilac Strategy Guide - 1st boss

Post by Sarri »

Two links advocating a semi-zerg strategy. These guys are from the same guild.

http://rhida.ch/2011/07/15/something-so ... -fire-pun/

http://www.hazmacewillraid.com/2011/07/ ... bethtilac/

It seems you want to get all the spinners down as the acid they spit when hanging about is worse than their melee to heal through, so between the hunters with distracting shot, and any class with a taunt, they should all be brought down.

From last nights log, from the one decent attempt we had, spinner damage was as follows:

Burning Acid 5777998 94.3 %
Melee 346645 5.7 %

We need to fix that.
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

Beth'tilac will now only eat spiderlings that move very close to her (the range on her ability to consume them has been reduced). In addition, eaten spiderlings will no longer sometimes remain on the ground or on players once she consumes them.
Maybe it'll be a bit easier now with the transition between phase 2.... :)
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Well that certainly looks like it could help with the problem that we were having on Sunday, I spent sunday night having a chat with a few people, giving you lot a chance to throw some ideas at me (ty fungi syrah and sapros) we might try sending dps up twice then on the third time keep the top team of dps down below to mop up the spiderlings before beth goes into P2. It would mean the dps would have less time to lower her health up top but we would have slightly better chance of keeping what dmg we do manage put on her during the phase change. Also people for the P2 burn phase I hope you have all remembered that u want to save CD's and maybe use this as a chance to blow pots for extra dmg, unsure if anyone remembered about using pots on sunday, I know I forgot to use my tolvir ones but not sure if that will help with widows kiss + frenzy dmg.

And just a little reminder to any dps I do send up to the web....plz oh plz wait for the Tank + the MT healer to go up before you follow, it doesnt matter how good your tank is if he is up against a raid boss for more than about 30 seconds without any heals he/she going to die, defensive cooldowns can only keep you alive for so long......
Fluttermouse

Post by Fluttermouse »

IMO getting the drone down at/before Beth comes down is also critical. Time spent DPSing the drone while Beth is on the floor is damage that could potentially make all the difference as it looks like we're going to be cutting it close as it is, and there was at least one attempt where I was still pounding at said drone for a good 10+ spells - multiply that by 4 people and it's quite a bit of lost damage on the boss herself.

The drone is probably a good indicator of how likely that is to happen as well. Most of the time it was dying just as the next was arriving. Swapping off for any length of time to help deal with adds getting close meant alae having to pick up the next one and that leaves you falling behind on where the DPS needs to be.

Just a thought, but do we actually require 3 tanks? It seems to me that we only really need 2 for p1 - if the extra were dps and on the drone instead for p1, the drone ought to be going down fast enough that it doesn't require a "spare" tank to pick up the next.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

IF it could be guaranteed that the drone would die as the next one spawns then I'd say 2 tanks but often the drone I was tanking managed to eat some spiders and heal prolonging its up time (luckily not to the extent that they were jumping up to the top). 2 Drones on 1 tank is risky, on the times I held 2, 1 was slightly buffed from spiderlings consumed, it hurt like hell. maybe its just me and another tank (read plate wearer) would be better suited to tanking them /shrug.
Bravebeard

Post by Bravebeard »

As there seems to be some confusion. Hunters dont have aoe for spiderlings as far as I know. Multishot wont work as they are too far apart. Others may correct me...
Mahmoud

Post by Mahmoud »

a long long time ago ... I did the tanking drones on my own & it worked fine (until the 3rd 1 came) , 1st 1 died easily .. 2nd 1 took considerably more time I don't know y ... 3rd 1 comes .. 2nd 1 don't just seem 2 die ... bolksh!! tank remains all over the floor .

I think it's doable with only 2 tanks as long as the drone tank don't get 2 of them on him/her 4 a long period (but that is actually the fight mechanic, right?)
as far as my info go & ofc I cud b wrong ... we shudn't get 2 drones at the same time 4 a long period

ofc I have only been on 1 try with this boss ... so I don't know wot happened in the rest .... still cud b waaaaay off :D
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Bravebeard wrote:As there seems to be some confusion. Hunters dont have aoe for spiderlings as far as I know. Multishot wont work as they are too far apart. Others may correct me...
the main reason Im putting hunters is the spiderling grp is that you guys have the frost trap to slow them and u can also use distraction shot to your pet to pull the spinners down off thier lines, the spiderling spawn in a cluster at thier spawn point then spread out from there so Im guessing that would be the best time to use multi shot, right after your put the trap on the area. Little spiders dont actually have that much health so if u have to pick them off one at a time then do so, others in the grp assigned to your side should have AoE aplenty (usually Im putting a mage or boomkin along with a DK in each grp all of which have excellent AoE and slowing abilities).

Yes Mah it would be possible to have only 2 tanks provided it could be guaranteed the tank wouldnt have to tank 2 drones for a long period.
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

I think the current tactic worked pretty fine. If we manage to not have people killed upstairs we can take off around 20% of Beth's health (on our first 24 man try 1 dps upstairs managed to get 11%, so 2 should be able to take 20-22%). Since our lowest with was at 9.3% that would've been a kill then.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Bravebeard

Post by Bravebeard »

Strategy seems good yes and single target on the spiderlings work well.

Some small details to clarify.

The other hunters must aim better than me, I could never hit more than 3, which makes MS a loss :(

Also unless I am mistaken distracting shot does not allow us to distract stuff to our pets, sorry.