[FIRELANDS] Majordomo Staghelm

Strategies for Firelands.
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Re: [FIRELANDS] Majordomo Staghelm

Post by Templaar »

Adds: Make sure you dont try to bubble out of seed.
Ilsevele

Post by Ilsevele »

Adds:

Be aware of where the other people are during the seed phase.
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

Templaar wrote:Adds: Make sure you dont try to bubble out of seed.
Not exactly true, you can execute a controlled explosion, the same goes woth HoP :) we have successfully carried out explosions on our fellow Trees ;)
Fluttermouse

Post by Fluttermouse »

Adds: putting your "buddy" for orbs as focus saves you getting lost when everyone scatters
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Adds: Make sure you are stacked properly on Scorp phase, ie your sharing the damage on the scythe.
Make sure your standing outside the Circular pattern on the floor during Kitty phase dont move closer to the centre after a leap but move around the sides.

The general plan for moving in and out is based on the stacks of adrenaline during each phase this is what have been using so far but this may change !

1 scorp > spread on 10
2 Kitty > stack on 6
3 Scorp > spread on 5 (seeds)
4 Kitty > stack on 6
5 Scorp > spread on 5
6 Kitty > stack after the orbs disapear (preferably timing it just after a leap)

Now for the bit were still perfecting and this is what I would like to try (thnx Elu)

7 Scorp > spread on 2
8 Kitty > Pop heroism and nuke til dead

Steps 2 and 4 I am toying with the idea of allowing one more leap (so we would be stacking on 7) this would mean people would have to be aware of how many stacks of adrenaline and make sure to drop everything and stack as soon as that leap after 6 adrenline comes. There can be no hesitation no hanging around waiting for a spell to finish casting its get in there or run the risk of leaving a burning circle of fire all over the raid stack. Step 5 would then be reduced so we can spread out 1 stack earlier as this is the phase where he has higher stacks of 'fury' increasing the dmg he does making it harder for the healers to get the raid back to full after each scythe.
Ilsevele

Post by Ilsevele »

We should really be trying hc tactics on normal mode:

- we'd see how it goes with less healers
- we should really give a go 0-7-0-7-0-7 rince and repeat tactic and learn to stack up after 7 jumps in cat phase
- we'd be able then to actually learn how to deal with:
a) orbs
b) with ongoing damage from higher levels of Fury
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

Are we giving the 0-7-0-7-0-7 rinse and repeat tactic a go on hc tonight?
Vrugdush
Officer

Post by Vrugdush »

The zero would mean we don't let the tank take any hits in the scorpion phase then? I would think that if we had a paladin tanking, we could at least survive one hit every three minutes thanks to Ardent Defender. It might not make a huge difference, seeing as we'd likely have to spend some time moving rather than DPSing, but every little bit helps.

Edit: I just realized that with Politrika tagging along, we even have a second guaranteed save in the form of Guardian Spirit, so I definitely think it's worth considering doing one Flame Scythe instead of zero for some of the scorpion phases.
Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

I had some other ideas last night, but this guide kinda voids them :)
Meow.

Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Yep that was the guide I watched, unfortunately it doesnt really go into any detail on what 'stack CD's' for the tank actually means. I saw a lot of mentions last night that GS wasnt working and that Alaedons AD wasnt very effective either.

Do saves stack ? I mean can bubbles, pain suppression, AD, GS and other tank CD's stack together if all thrown on the tank at the same time ? if so then maybe we arent throwing enough saves at the tank as scythe comes...... cant think what else to suggest tbh