[FIRELANDS] Majordomo Staghelm

Strategies for Firelands.
Tsumecho

Re: [FIRELANDS] Majordomo Staghelm

Post by Tsumecho »

http://www.icy-veins.com/majordomo-stag ... d-strategy

There's a heroic guide further down in which they list one of the ideas I was going to suggest or having a feral in bear spec that picks up the boss when MT is down, then goes back to dps.

While the dps is will not be as focussed, ferals suffer far less dps loss. (especially if you're in kitty gear.)

It may be worth trying to stack a GS, Barrier, and several other tanking CDs at the same time? I know druids have barkskin and Surv Inst. Not really sure without listing ideas and wiping while we try them to see which works for us.
Meow.

Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

Ardent Defender ("While Ardent Defender is active, the next attack that would otherwise kill you will instead cause you to be healed for 15% of your maximum health.") from the pally tank works.

Guardian spirit ("The spirit ... prevents the target from dying by sacrificing itself.") does not prevent the target from dying here.

Apparently it needs to be combined with other saves - glyphed Divine Protection from the tank if a pally being one possibility.

Another stupid over-reliance on saves rather than gameplay, made even more arcane.
Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

I think I best option would be to alternate soaking scythes with skipping entirely. If we soak one, skip two, soak etc. Unless we manage to figure out what combo of CDs will stack and provide survivability. Other than those Temp mentioned already.
Meow.

Daegranos

Post by Daegranos »

25hc: http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... 43&t=32003

Some interesting points:

- Guardian spirit doubles your HP, what this means is that if you have 200k hp you can survive a blow of 399k (not 2.7 million :P). It can still work however If the tank (a paladin preferred) pops cooldowns as well.
For the second and fourth scythes, I ate it by myself using Guardian Spirit, Mirror of Broken Images, Divine Protection (Glyphed), Guardian of Ancient Kings and Rallying Cry all popped together.
Maybe it will work without guardian of ancient kings, we obviously haven't tested any of this. :)

- In the third scorpion phase we can "cheat" the orbs by letting the tank drag majordomo to a corner (NE, NW, SW or SE) and having the raid stack up in the middle. We then split forcing the kitty change and before majordomo can finish his cast the tank (or a HUMAN dps with a taunt, who needs to be in the corner as well) will break out of the stun with EMFH and taunt the boss. after the stun is over the tank will need to be dragged away from the orbs (Leap of faith, heroic leap).
The reason for the taunt is so that Majordomo will stay in the corner and won't run off after totems. The orbs spawn in a 40 yard radius around majordomo. :)
This will force all 5 orbs to spawn in that corner. What this means is that a single person can eat all 5 orbs with saves! When they reach 8 ~ 12 stacks they can bubble / ice block / dispersion.
Three people with immunities tank for 20sek each all 5 orbs using iceblock, divine shield for their last part. Anytime an orb spawns bad for that strat they have their moonkin and elemental shaman rotate that one while healing themselves cause probably healers won't be in range.
- This is not noted anywhere in the link but theoretically you can let a rogue eat the first flamescythe when the fight starts if the rogue has Cheat death, saving the tank some cooldowns.

OT: Some old patch notes concerning guardian spirit that i found on wowhead:
As of patch 4.0.6 (Cataclysm major bugfix patch) Guardian Spirit has been changed!
"Guardian Spirit: The absorb/heal from this ability can now never exceed 200% of the maximum health of the target."
That means if you have 100k HP and boss will hit you for 201k HP - You will DIE.
This change breaks many boss tactics on heroic versions within the first raid content.
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=47788/guar ... omments:40
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Ok who said Domo was easy on hc ?
Daegranos

Post by Daegranos »

Nothing is easy on heroic, he's just easier than some of the other bosses on heroic. ;)
Alaedon

Post by Alaedon »

Tsumecho wrote:glyphed Divine Protection from the tank if a pally being one possibility.
i will take a look what glyph i can change .. don't mind to change it for that fight if needed
Daegranos wrote:- Guardian spirit doubles your HP, what this means is that if you have 200k hp you can survive a blow of 399k (not 2.7 million :P). It can still work however If the tank (a paladin preferred) pops cooldowns as well.
pop cds!! .. but no cd can save me from 2.7m hit except of AD .. my other cd reduce damage to 50% max so still 1.4m i have to deal with
Daegranos

Post by Daegranos »

Alaedon wrote:
Tsumecho wrote:glyphed Divine Protection from the tank if a pally being one possibility.
i will take a look what glyph i can change .. don't mind to change it for that fight if needed
Daegranos wrote:- Guardian spirit doubles your HP, what this means is that if you have 200k hp you can survive a blow of 399k (not 2.7 million :P). It can still work however If the tank (a paladin preferred) pops cooldowns as well.
pop cds!! .. but no cd can save me from 2.7m hit except of AD .. my other cd reduce damage to 50% max so still 1.4m i have to deal with
and then -40% of that with glyphed DP = 590k. then all you need is something like aura mastery.
Alaedon

Post by Alaedon »

Daegranos wrote:Alaedon wrote:
Tsumecho wrote:
glyphed Divine Protection from the tank if a pally being one possibility.

Daegranos wrote:
- Guardian spirit doubles your HP, what this means is that if you have 200k hp you can survive a blow of 399k (not 2.7 million :P). It can still work however If the tank (a paladin preferred) pops cooldowns as well.

and then -40% of that with glyphed DP = 590k. then all you need is something like aura mastery.
you have it mathimatic wrong i will write what is the last hit i will get after 2.7m hit go through all my cd from the highest damage reduce to the lowest
CD--------%damage reduce--------in coming damage--------amount damage reduce--------damage going to the next cd
GoA------------50%---------------------2.7m---------------------1.35m -------------------------1.35m
DP-------------40%---------------------1.35m---------------------540k--------------------------810k
AR-------------24.92%------------------810k----------------------201.9k------------------------608.1k
DG-------------20%---------------------608.1k--------------------121.6k------------------------486.5k

so with my cds only i am still going to die but if AR used by holy pala with aura mastery the damage reduce will be 49.82%
CD--------%damage reduce-------- in coming damage--------amount damage reduce--------damage going to the next cd
GoA------------50%---------------------2.7m---------------------1.35m---------------------------1.35m
AR & AM--------49.82%------------------1.35m--------------------672.6k--------------------------677.4k
DP--------------40%---------------------677.4k-------------------271k----------------------------406.4k
DG--------------20%---------------------406.4k-------------------81.3k---------------------------325.1k

i will still have 325.1 k to deal with so going by what you post
with my stamina trinket i have 204k hp so with GS i will get 408k hp
so i will end up with 408k-325.1k = 82.9k i will survive that hit if my numbers are right

but what worry me is most of that cds need 3m to be rdy again and last time i had problem with my AD to be rdy for 1 sec but i think we can deal with that if we let the kitty do one more leap

P.S i just wake up is better if someone take look at my numbers too :twisted: :twisted:
Ilsevele

Post by Ilsevele »

Still, I think we should be at first trying to see how much time healers can go on and how many of them can we drop. Because most of the guilds doing hc Majordomo go with 5 healers or less. And I'm not sure if stacking up cd that will or won't work is the way forward.

A good idea that I've seen is moving across the room after stacking up - so one cat phase on the stairs, second phase near the entrance and so on.