[THRONE of THUNDER] - Horridon (2)

Strategies for ToT.
Fungi

Re: [THRONE of THUNDER] - Horridon (2)

Post by Fungi »

As MA I tried to do this already for the 2nd half of the raid Vigil. First part of the raid I was prio'ing bears over shamans, but changed that when Flexie mentioned the beast shaman have a higher prio. However, as soon as the dinomancer pops up, he is the prio target for every gate (apart from the 2nd gate). We cannot get 2 bears + 2 shaman down before the Dinomancer pops, cause our dps isn't high enough.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Vigil

Post by Vigil »

Fungi wrote:As MA I tried to do this already for the 2nd half of the raid Vigil. First part of the raid I was prio'ing bears over shamans, but changed that when Flexie mentioned the beast shaman have a higher prio. However, as soon as the dinomancer pops up, he is the prio target for every gate (apart from the 2nd gate). We cannot get 2 bears + 2 shaman down before the Dinomancer pops, cause our dps isn't high enough.

A.
I see I misread what Flexie posted on Gate 4 kill order, hence the question. Would have been nice to be able to have another pair down before the dinomancer :)
Flexie

Post by Flexie »

Putting a ranged on Dinomancer interrupts is a good idea, but it has a major issue connected to it - he casts more than once every 15s, so unless we'd get the priests down pronto he'd just start healing again. It is an angle worth exploring tho.

Forgot to mention one thing in my previous post - I've asked people not to dps Horridon when there are any adds up, this includes DoTs and any sort of attention to him in general. We're still struggling with adds inbetween doors so having all GCDs on them seems most sensible.
GizmoDK

Post by GizmoDK »

I know I don't raid much these days, but wouldn't it be possible for you to go back to basics?

Make a simple /tar macro with a follow-up interrupt?

I know it ain't fancy or nowt, but it might work just the same ;)

I'll show myself out :) Have a nice day
Vigil

Post by Vigil »

Flexie wrote:Putting a ranged on Dinomancer interrupts is a good idea, but it has a major issue connected to it - he casts more than once every 15s, so unless we'd get the priests down pronto he'd just start healing again. It is an angle worth exploring tho.
Was thinking two ranged interrupters with Dinomancer on focus and whisp macro to each other on interrupt (something like:" INTERRUPTED DINO, you are next"... yes caps so you will notice it on your screen ^^), would mean they can keep nuking the priests and effusions.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

7H is too many. I think 6H is too many also. We had huge overheal (every healer >50%) with 7H. It was a oneshot with 6H, although of course that is confounded with general good progress.

Nice raidleading too, but please can we not have 16-minute breaks and then end 20 minutes early. This is my only raid this week that I can sign for. A combination of only being able to sign for wipefests and then having short hours is not ideal. I understand the reason for ending it short.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Vigil

Post by Vigil »

Agree with Erian, nice progress and good leading.
Could really see the difference in movement well when I was lying dead sweeping the floor on the try that ended in the kill.

As for Moths rant about everyone interrupting who can ( which is basically all of us) think that helped too.
As far as I noticed only improvement on interrupting we can still make is on the Dinomancer (mainly at door two and four)

Doubt it will be an easy kill anytime soon but at least we can savour this till wednesday....and pretty sure with some decent focus we will get him again next time round!
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

Hi guys.

Yep, pleased we got the kill. Turned out to be an iterative night of attempts. I agree Erian, raid comp was better once we dropped a heal. It was deliberate to try 7 heals at start, we'd flagged a desire to see if that helped after the last attempt (so not just a result of the signs although that forced the idea a bit). Because it needs to be said, the Heal Team did a great job last night (as with every night) It's very clear that the issues on survivability lean towards personal accountability (don't stand in X, use personal saves, etc). We're working on making whole raid more aware.

I did ask at the start of the raid to join the heal channel, was told this wasn't how our heal team likes things. Pol worked hard to communicate with me on the ideas coming back from the Healers. Let's think about whether RL needs to see that channel in order to get this feedback?

On the raid timings, the extended break was due to us having been asked to switch a player out due to technical problems. It wasn't stated during raid as I didn't want to frustrate players if that issue persisted and caused play problems. One of those things I'm afraid.

I do sympathise with the early end. It was based on the idea that we would not get through to the next fight with 15 odd trash pulls to clear. We hadn't factored some players still working on Shado-pan rep. So, an apology from me for that. It was'nt our intent to hold back people's progression. If you need a little bit of rep to put you over there is one Shado-pan daily that gives 300rep. 'Champions of the Thunderking' (requires mats and a grp).

We could definitely do better with the Dinomancers, Horr starts final phase with too much health imo. It's one to work on.

Overall, not the cleanest kill. Still, some nice improvisation at the end to beat the berserk. Wish more beserks were like that rather than a raid wipe immediately.

@Vigil, sorry you had to watch most of the fight from the Doorway. We're having to preserve B'rez for Tanks and heals.

Both - thanks for comments on the lead, but also any constructive criticism warmly recieved.

Rubs.
Galthanas

Post by Galthanas »

I forsee this being an enrage kill every time until we get some more gearing up done.
on that basis, is it worth at the point of enrage having the melee run away and spread out so that we can maximise the amount of time he spends running around not hitting anybody so that the ranged dps can do their wonderful thing and make him dead? we all seem to splat pretty early so I don't think our lost pre-death damage would prevent a kill.

I noticed on our kill attempt that the Gurubashi door was particularly well handled, there weren't any green puddles which meant less running all over the shop, making killing the bloodletters (that the right name? chargy chaps....) much more efficient and that made door 3 so much better and door 4 as a result.
whatever we did there should be drilled so we do it that way every time. (I'm assuming that it's rapid killing of the Effusions...)
politrika

Post by politrika »

I agree with you Rub, RL should be in the Healing channel. I didn't mind relaying things to you, but it's unnecessary if you are in there as well. RL imo should be in all healing, tanking, dps channels (and yes, I think RDPS and MDPS or just DPS should have their own channel, exchanging tips & tricks, pointers and hints).

Our main problem was the lack of dps the whole night. 7H is too much anywhere. If you can't make it with 6 (whatever the fight) then you are doing something wrong - either the healers, either some failed mechanic.

Overall I really enjoyed the raid and the fact that Rub was very aware of everything going on and tried to adapt to every new situation that arose.

So good job everyone!

PS: usually progress kills are made on enrage timer guys, you can't expect to have a clean wonderful kill, it wouldn't have charm ;) It was a perfect kill if you ask me! ADRENALINE !!!