[THRONE of THUNDER] - Horridon (2)

Strategies for ToT.
Rublupine

Re: [THRONE of THUNDER] - Horridon (2)

Post by Rublupine »

Our main problem was the lack of dps the whole night. 7H is too much anywhere. If you can't make it with 6 (whatever the fight) then you are doing something wrong - either the healers, either some failed mechanic.
Here's one to consider... Having an extra healer when you're learning a fight is like riding a bike with stabalisers. You don't need it, but you go longer without falling off!

My point being, what worked out well last night was that we could tinker and tune the raid with immunity to some of the mistakes that take us out early. The side effect of that extra healing was the attempts lasting longer and I guess people getting used to the 'No BattleRez' approach. When we switched out Pol to DPS we were well oiled and the kill came on the 2nd try with that setup.

I suppose there will always be an argument that we might have made it 2nd try from the start if we'd been a DPS up from then?

Another view though, our healers are prolific signers. I'm quite happy to take the extra heal while working on the fight and mechanics and then look at off spec for a DPS if needed. It worked that way as that was the signups we had.

Blizzard has said that in this raid mechanics rule, wipes should be mechanic fails more than DPS checks. If extra heals absolves the odd mechanic mistake we can live with that.

Final thought. It helped that Poli pulled exceptional DPS. I hope it lifted the bar for some of our DPS. ;)
Mehetabel

Post by Mehetabel »

Rublupine wrote:I did ask at the start of the raid to join the heal channel, was told this wasn't how our heal team likes things. Pol worked hard to communicate with me on the ideas coming back from the Healers. Let's think about whether RL needs to see that channel in order to get this feedback?
I also tend to agree that the RL should be in all channels. Tan is in there because she has a current, viable healing offspec, Fagan was in there ages ago but was asked to leave, however, he has me sitting a few feet away and I always let him know anything important that is going on in the healing channel when he's leading, so yes, that does leave you and Flexie at a disadvantage imo and can slow things down during a raid whilst discussions are ongoing.

Healing channel = all current raiding healers and RL's (just not people that healed once on some long forgotten alt), that's my take on it.

Poli .... love your idea of a general DPS channel. Definately a good idea!
Tan

Post by Tan »

Well it was ME who held off Rubs to join the /easyhealersonly for the time being, as i knew there was some angry kicking of RL's not so long ago, though i don't precisely know the background of it. So i was just being careful :)
I was just holding off to see if there was no objections from all the healers.
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

and Xil ofc
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

There was no angry kicking of me from the healing channel, Temp just changed the name and they all left me alone in /easyhealing...... :lol:
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Tan wrote:Well it was ME who held off Rubs to join the /easyhealersonly for the time being, as i knew there was some angry kicking of RL's not so long ago, though i don't precisely know the background of it. So i was just being careful :)
I was just holding off to see if there was no objections from all the healers.
RL and healers is fine. Currently there is at least one rogue alt (to name only one example) in our channel, and i don't see that as appropriate.

Rub, it does happen that an extra H can keep the raid alive longer. That boss is not one of them, though. We were all at 50-60% overheal and full health until the shit hit the fan, and then the raid wiped very quickly. For other bosses it will be different. Poli, me, and Syrah were all saying go 6H at the start of the evening, so may be it would have been helpful for you to have been in our channel to see those viewpoints. Basically I think you can mostly trust the H team, it is very experienced.

Anyway, it remains a good kill, and should soon be on farm.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Galthanas wrote:I forsee this being an enrage kill every time until we get some more gearing up done.
on that basis, is it worth at the point of enrage having the melee run away and spread out so that we can maximise the amount of time he spends running around not hitting anybody so that the ranged dps can do their wonderful thing and make him dead? we all seem to splat pretty early so I don't think our lost pre-death damage would prevent a kill.
It's not all down to gear, tho it does help. :)

As for melee, fine for the rest of you but Mut spec rogues shine at 35% and lower (boss health), as you can see from the logs and we'll never be top of threat anyway. ;)
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Vigil

Post by Vigil »

Rublupine wrote:@Vigil, sorry you had to watch most of the fight from the Doorway. We're having to preserve B'rez for Tanks and heals.
Np, died cause of my own stupidity, hugging a frost orb with CoS on cd is a nono. So have myself to thank for the boring remainder of that fight. It did make me check dmg taken in the log, might be an idea for all to see how they do compared to others and perhaps discuss it amongst similar type of classes.
Mehetabel wrote:Poli .... love your idea of a general DPS channel. Definately a good idea!
We have one, it's called Easyrogue...only thing asked of you is a small monthly contribution of 1000 gold to be paid in full on the first of every month...or well you know...slippery poisoned dagger in the back accidents happen all too often....